The Matrix Resurrections (2021)

For those who enjoy the ruthless, fast drinking-thinking-Critical Drinker, he pretty much concurs with the general sentiment of why this, why now? - and suggests the word on the street is that it could be so that Trinity gets to replace Neo as the genuine chosen one (hence her resurrection)... I half assume we can take that as a three-quarters given... :umm:

Or, it is only together that they are one. The frame breakdown I posted above is a bit more in-depth look at the previews. I’m still excited to see it.

Last edited:
The first matrix was a stroke of genius, but the sequels were more or less a mess, in my opinion.

Some of the romance authors seem to do "channeling" when they write down the stories. The original matrix was so profound, that perhaps the Wachowskis were somehow channeling the material as well, when they wrote (and directed) the movie? Similar ideas have been circulated before, but here it was delivered exceptionally well.

The new one looks like it will probably include woke stuff, judging by Wachowskis' recent comments, etc. Hopefully it at least will be a good movie, and wokeism will be kept to a minimum.

Thinking of the Matrix series with 'Judaic Christianity' vs Paul's gospel in mind, it seems to me that the Wachowskis reached the limits of their basic idea when they couldn't/wouldn't develop 'being awake in the real world' - which is a dystopian nightmare - into 'transcendence to a better world'. You've got physical Zion as both 'promised land' and 'kernel of revolution through which to overthrow the oppressors'. And that's it. At least, that's where they left it in Revolutions.
It is the Gnostic Bible retelling via movie. As many may know, Gnosticism was a sect whose goal was to preserve knowledge in its original format. As to not be modified by culture, rulers, changes in language, etc

I’m afraid the matrix movie series is just a jest about the industry behind the Oedipal complex and psycho-analysis, served with a lot of society’s sugar coated psychosis.. fairly Hollywood cruelty.

‘The eyes are useless when the mind is blind’

On the number coincidences, Neo’s passport from the original movie expires 9/11/2001. After the events of 9/11, we could no longer get a free pass to partake in the mass hypnosis. That expired! But we could still renew the delusion or to use the Matrix analogy, take the blue pill. And now 20 years on, those that still deny any conspiracy surrounding the events of 9/11, as a cohort, are mostly likely in the most danger right now. It’s fascinating that one would literally need to be taking blue pills constantly to remain in denial over the last 20 years. And that appears to be the theme of the 4th movie. Interesting how that works.

Back to some curious numbers, the first film was first released at Mann Village Theatre 24/3/1999. Adding those digits together equals 37. It also runs for 136 minutes, that also adds to 37. They both whittle down to 1 (3+7=10 etc.) “The One” is the theme of the movie.

37 also evenly divides all repeating three digit numbers (37x3, 37x6, 37x9 and so on equals 111, 222, 333 etc). The only other numbers with this property are 111, three, and one. It’s cool that adding the answer gives us the number that 37 was multiplied by (1+1+1 = 3, 2+2+2 = 6 etc.).

And the fourth movie, the release date 22 December 2021 adds up to 12 (2+2+1+2+2+0+2+1=12). And of course, 37x12 = 444. Crazy stuff!
Nice solving! Numbers aren't just numbers eh! They're code!

That 9/11 date is quite "coincidental" too. I found something similar in an X-Files episode from 1996! (see photo below)
IMG_20210426_130259.jpg

Thank you for sharing the article. Summary is
The stakes were so low that at the end of the film, it felt like everything that just happened over the course of 2.5 hours didn’t really matter at all.

And maybe that was the whole point of the movie – to make an uninspired and unnecessary sequel which acknowledges the fact that its existence is merely due to some studio executives trying to milk some cash out of a well-known franchise. The post-credit scene pretty blatantly states that ‘film is dead’ and they should have just made a Cat Matrix to have it go viral.

Matrix 4 Resurrections

Brilliant movie. I loved it.

I like that they mixed old and new, which made the transition from the previous 3 movies - and the time gap of 18 years - into the new 4th installation, being done brilliantly. Nothing feels lame, "outdated" or stupidly reused - on the contrary - has many fresh twists and takes well care of the old matrix' legacy. But yeah, Matrix 4 may not add so much new to the overall story, really. It would almost have to require a 5th movie to focus on that.

Nevertheless, visit cards were left discreetly, both by the 3D PTB mindsets (ongoing Plandemic and "what the sheeples really want, ain't freedom") as well hints on what 4D STS desires the most in terms of increased output from human energies.

Trinity is beautiful. I also like the "slowness" of Neo "Mr Andersson" - because it takes a long time until he comes to the fore. But that is part of the whimsy charm, now with his older self.

Nevertheless, visit cards were left discreetly, both by the 3D PTB mindsets (ongoing Plandemic and "what the sheeples really want, ain't freedom") as well hints on what 4D STS desires the most in terms of increased output from human energies.
Just finished watching it and overall it's pretty decent. Better than expected.

Without spoiling anything. There's a part where the new "programer" says that the old programer was very square and only cared about facts and equations. Where as the new programer cares about narrative, which is controlled by feelings. Which in turn produces more energy from humans. Also the worst they are treated the more energy they produce.

I agree with @Fallen_735. Pretty decent and better than I expected. I expected them to just release a movie for money but it's clear that quite a bit of thought went into the movie. Not spoiling anything but I thought they nicely tied together the old story line in a way that left the door open for an interesting sequel. I guess we shall see.

It's worth a download. I had low expectations and enjoyed it for what it was.

It has painfully corny writing, and the grace and subtlety of a brick. And not to mention the constant glimpses of the previous movies that really, really needed to be cut (not sure if Warner Bros demanded that, or it was a creator's choice). But this doesn't ruin the movie. There are some clever ideas here on where to take this story, and while they're executed clumsily by Lana and her fellow Sense8 writers, they make the movie interesting to watch (even if just to see where they fail). Neo and Trinity's reunion love story is simple, but it's also the one thing that is dramatically coherent, which holds the movie together. The Wachowskis have a childlike sincerity when it comes to love stories, so for all the cynicism that Lana carries in other aspects, there is none in the love story, and it's better for it.

My biggest disappointment was the mediocre fight choreography. The wide, long takes that defined the series are absent, replaced with the usual Hollywood "one cut per punch," which I always find makes Hollywood fights uninteresting and difficult to track. But this is very disappointing, given that Keanu Reeves is obviously capable of much more. As a result, you mostly just want the fight scenes in this movie to finish their floating cartwheels and get back to the story.

Subtlety doesn't exist in this movie. There's a black cat that constantly appears and drinks from a bowl with the words "deja vu." There's also a fairly blatant conversation that Warner Bros wanted them to make another Matrix installment and were going to do it with or without them. They're talking about a fictional video game, but you get the idea. I find it funny that Warner Bros let them keep that dialogue in.

There are a few obvious references to the word binary that will make you laugh. There's also a conversation between two characters where they talk about how the Matrix stole something from Neo that was important to him and turned it into something trivial and insulting (a fictional video game). A thinly-veiled reference to how the "red pill" term was adopted in real life. It's not surprising that Lana included this.

There was a little bit of dialogue about how emotions can be manipulated for maximum energy output, which I found very interesting. But this was used in an attempt to justify the very convoluted Neo Trinity dynamic more than anything else. What I would have liked to see is how this trauma could be expressed inside the Matrix. Imagine if everyone was forced to wear masks while they tremble in fear over a deadly virus, ha! Instead, the Matrix is just a bland reality with no sign of trauma, manipulation or propaganda. The irony is that the three writers of this movie are very much asleep in the real world.

I mentioned this above, but the Wachowskis have a childlike earnestness to their work. It's probably why they regularly confuse their metaphors, lack self-awareness in their work, and write such corny dialogue. They have an adolescent approach to their notions of love, peace and truth that is both endearing and immature. While The Matrix (1999) likely had many hands on its script to polish it from its clunky first draft to the shooting script, everything they've made since is both goofy and sincere. In some sense, they're children. And I think this immaturity is both their greatest strength and their greatest weakness.

Back
Top Bottom