The Matrix Resurrections (2021)

So I went to see the movie yesterday all by myself and the fact is nobody goes into cinema because of corona, or I live in a small town (whatever) , there was 15 people around me, and beause I got first in the cinema they circled me :-) , because that's what we do as humans and when the movie started the first thing you could see on the screen is the code 3-5, interesting. I'm not going to write about the plot because I think you should see the movie yourself.
I don't know, it could be it's the first movie I've seen during these measures but nobody was wearing the mask although it's required but it was really great thing to be around the people without the mask. The fact is you see the people in the train in Japan who wear the masks and I know, I lived in tourist town and Japanese people wear the masks when they go on tours but I think this is the first movie when they had black masks in the train, not the regular ones they wear usually, it was as Lana wanted us to remember this time as historically important, what we go through right now. Remember what is the name of Tiffany's oldet son: it's BRANDON!!! We were laughing like crazy in the cinema, I hope you were too :lol: . So this is, I don't know Lana or her mental state as this transgender, but she captured it great as a TIFFANY and what we women have to go through as moms, I know most of you aren't married but just watch Jordan Peterson's videos, you will see what kind of a hell is having a family although you love them.
THANX

Hugo Weaving agreed to be Agent Smith again, but Lana Wachowski decided not to accommodate his schedule. Unbelievable. I think the movie would've been much better with Weaving.
I was doing a play, at the time, but we were working out dates and things so that I could do both. And then, Lana decided that she didn’t wanna change her dates, so I couldn’t do it. In a nutshell, that’s what happened.

Did y'all have to show a covid pass to watch the film?
Nope. No vax, no mask, no test, no papers. Orange County is a pocket of resistance in California. We walked into the movie theater; the employee gave us the movie tickets, said we need to wear a mask, and gave us masks; I said ok, took the masks in my hand, and we walked to our seats unmasked.

Hugo Weaving agreed to be Agent Smith again, but Lana Wachowski decided not to accommodate his schedule. Unbelievable. I think the movie would've been much better with Weaving.

Nope. No vax, no mask, no test, no papers. Orange County is a pocket of resistance in California. We walked into the movie theater; the employee gave us the movie tickets, said we need to wear a mask, and gave us masks; I said ok, took the masks in my hand, and we walked to our seats unmasked.
Good to hear there's places like that in woke California. I'm curious about the experiences of members from Europe, specifically France and Germany where it seems that you can't get into more or less anywhere without some paper or other.
Here in Croatia, it's only masks, but you can get around that basically anywhere. And places that do require any sort of paper, I just don't go to.

Watched it the other day, it was a let down so here are my thoughts:

While it is basically a reboot with a very similar story structure, some things DID change or got updated IMO:

First thing that struck me was the weird meta-fiction of actually referencing a new Matrix trilogy (we'll see about that) within the movie. I think they addressed this for good 30 minutes as a response to "why a new Matrix movie?".

Then, we got to Neo's second awakening, which took another hour, it involved Neo dealing with schizophrenic tendencies, suicidal thoughts, blue pills and overall a sense of just losing his mind before the evidence convinced him that he wasn't crazy and that in fact his videogame was based on past events. Interesting how The Analyst downplayed and handled those symptoms by denial, rationalization and fake compassion. But, for Trinity to re-awake, it only took a couple of minutes. Even if she had powerful reasons to remain plugged in the Matrix, as she had a husband and two kids.

Next up, a theme from the first movie got updated. And that is: the machines are our good friends now and bring prosperity and progress. Taking that scene of Niobe and the fruit garden, it was only with the help of machines from within the Matrix that people got away from that insipid concoction they ate in the first movie, and got actual strawberries now.

Then, another theme got updated. In the first trilogy we were presented with the idea of the Matrix being "rebooted" frequently, at least 6 times so far, with 6 Neos coming up with each new Matrix as he was the irreconcilable "anomaly" that prevented The Architect reaching the perfect "equation" to keep the Matrix running indefinetely. That to me sounded like reincarnation, though it wasn't really clear if the 6 Neos were the same person, or different ones. Anyways, this time it wasn't like that, it was in fact the reanimated bodies of our protagonists that then were re-plugged to the Matrix, I can only ask, why was it done this way? Why not go for reincarnation? But that's just me.

On the other hand, the movie had some interesting ideas not quite present in the first one, or at least exposed a more nuanced perception of reality, for example, that of fractals. Bugs and Morpheus 2.0 were trapped in a "Modal", which is not actually explained completely, but I'll assume is a kind of realm/sector within the Matrix video game Thomas Anderson created, and from which Bugs and Morpheus escaped, apparently. So that speaks of worlds within worlds, kind of like Inception of the 13th Floor.

Anyhow, a 7/10, I still have the feeling that we should just forget about this one and keep re-watching the first one if in the mood.

Ok, there are a METRIC TON OF SPOILERS IN THAT CLIP!!!!!! Please advise people of that fact or hide it in a spoiler tag. Sheesh!!!

Well, it says right there in the video:

Screenshot from 2021-12-31 03-26-39.png

After discussion here, my decision so far has been to skip watching this movie, and this video was helpful in that and nicely funny a that also, so thanks for posting it.

Last edited:
I have seen the movie 2 times, the first one with a lot of anticipation, you know, fight scenes where you say wooooow and all that, and yes, i am really disappointed. the first 30 minutes were ..... boring? yes, anticipation.

So I gave "Mrs. Lana" another chance and saw the movie again, usually i tend to do that, since the first time you miss "certain details". The second time saw i said "wooooow!" And it is not because one expects to see the special effects of the first films, but because, in my case, i focused more on the details. which i will not give.

In my point of view, it talks a lot about the subject of reincarnation, and even how the system "puts us back to sleep". I believe, and again i say that it is my opinion, the main theme of the human being against the machines is not the central one, rather i would say that it is how easy it is to manipulate the human being.

SPOILER ALERT
Aren't the swarm beings much like what the C's say about the OPs? or even from the people programmed by Greenbaum?
And how in certain areas are they more concentrated than in others? Anyway, the first time i saw it was like reading a draft of a script. but the second time i found a lot more sense.

And in a sense, it's about love, choices, and free will. The only thing i can say is a phrase from the movie "the choice is an illusion, if you really know, you don't have to choose"

So, is this Matrix also "a trans story"?

And other things, I haven't seen it but I have read comments and interpretations on the internet and in relation to the previous movies and all the spoilers in the trailers, the main appeal is related to what already seemed obvious to me at this point, reincarnation as others have mentioned. I add also that they are now twisting harder that you can create your own reality, only if you fight for love, by introducing the fantasy of soul mates. Neo didn't save the world in the previous trilogies because he lacked his soul mate. Some machines now alloyed with some humans?...mmmm!. What used to be a fight for freedom is now a universal Stockholm syndrome on the part of some so that two individuals, only two individuals, who do not accept to live each one on their own, stop chasing each other karmically for love.

I watched the film the other day; well, there’s a saying: „it doesn’t smell, but it doesn’t stink either“.

Wasn’t blown away by the movie and had no major relevations. The only thing I liked in the movie was the concept that there is no „the one“ as in either male or female but the union of both brings true power/love/knowledge.

That’s how I saw it.

Did y'all have to show a covid pass to watch the film?

Let’s just say that I watched it in non-conventional way… ;-D

I watched the film the other day; well, there’s a saying: „it doesn’t smell, but it doesn’t stink either“.

Wasn’t blown away by the movie and had no major relevations. The only thing I liked in the movie was the concept that there is no „the one“ as in either male or female but the union of both brings true power/love/knowledge.

That’s how I saw it.

Let’s just say that I watched it in non-conventional way… ;-D
Well that's a waste, IMO. The only way to watch it right now, other than going to the cinema, is one of those versions filmed in the theater with a camera. These cam versions are invariably awful. Image doesn't come even close to the original, not to mention the sound which is absolutely terrible. I guess you can watch it for the story, but I would watch this sort of film mostly for the eye candy. There doesn't seem to be much else in there based on the reviews.

The only way to watch it right now, other than going to the cinema, is one of those versions filmed in the theater with a camera.
There are HD versions as well - if you know where to look for them ;-D (i.e. new Spiderman is still a Cam version only,)

+ here is a 2G rule for cinemas, so no cinema for me....

Back
Top Bottom