The New Forum

mamadrama

The Living Force
Wow, congratulations on the new forum software, still exploring all the new possibilities :O Was this metamorphosis mentioned beforehand and I just missed it? Very propitious, especially on this day of 8/08/08 which is very significant to the Chinese and the reason why they are holding the opening ceremonies of the Olympics on this day at 8:00pm. Wikipedia says this about the number 8 in terms of divination and superstition:
wikipedia said:
In superstition and divination
If each of the classical elements is assigned a cosmic projection, the resulting number (8) represents them.

As a lucky or unlucky number
Eight (八; accounting 捌; pinyin bā) is considered a lucky number in Chinese culture because it sounds like the word "prosper" or "wealth" (发; Pinyin: fā).
In numerology, 8 is the number of building, and in some theories, also the number of destruction.

In astrology
In Astrology, Scorpio is the 8th astrological sign of the Zodiac
In the middle ages, 8 was the number of "unmoving" stars in the sky, and symbolized the perfectioning of incoming planetary energy

Re: New Look

Well done,
very interesting look and many new functions. And the forum has a new name and home. :)

Re: New Look

Well done indeed! Now this Simple Machine is off to explore the new Technology, hopefully without getting too Dizzy :cool2:

A new challenger appears !

Hello there,

it's Polonel, from the french division of SoTT. The french forum is down for now, so... It's the opportunity to get acquainted with the english-speakers SoTT dwellers. Hey, it's no longer SoTT here, it's "the cassiopaea forum"... Why such a change ?

Anyway : I'm 23 years old, I'm french, I spend half of the year in Reims, capital of champagne, and the other half in Paris, capital of... well, France. For now, I'm a student, of communication and journalism. I'm familiar with the C's material since 2002.

That's all for the moment. I hope I'll do some good "work" here ;p

Cya

Re: A new challenger appears !

Hi Polonel, nice to see you here :)

Why the change from "sott forum" to "cassiopaea forum"? It's actually very simple. You see, sott itself grew out of our esoteric work, and we had the idea that the more esoteric ideas were too scary for the average person. So, we thought that having a site that was not so esoteric, not so concerned with work on the self, with personal development, but rather just a living example of what that work can do, how one can see differently once that process is begun, might help the more average person. After a number of years of this experiment, we now see that there is a ceiling - the readership simply isn't going to grow any more. We are basically going to be getting out of the "politics business" and returning to pure research and our foundation: esoteric studies and work.

There have been a couple of recent articles that we read that really made it clear that there is nothing more we can do. The first one was by Naomi Wolf: http://dailystaregypt.com/printerfriendly.aspx?ArticleID=15446 , which I have made BOW today; and the second was "Moral Endo-skeletons and Exo-skeletons: A Perspective on America's Cultural Divide and Current Crisis"

It's very difficult to do the sott page and NOT be able - because we are constrained by our policy to not mix esoterica with politics - to talk about the issue of things like Organic Portals, etc, which are so obvious when you read about the state of the world. OPs are very likely the main component of the Right Wing Authoritarian personality, the "Exoskeleton" types, if you will, and certainly, the population from which psychopaths - defective OPs - are drawn.

But these are all esoteric concepts that are very hard even for advanced esoteric students to really grasp. The population of the planet has fallen under the spell of psychopaths - and they have been in the ascendancy for a very long time - who promote the socio-cultural ideas on which nearly everything in our world is based, and these ideas are advanced for the protection of psychopaths.

So the question is: do we continue to deal with straight politics, even though we can SEE so much more, and constantly hold back our observations which are simply too shocking for the average public, or do we begin to deal with the issues in a plain way for just those individuals who have the capacity to understand?

It's a conundrum.

Anyway, our new forum, which has many features that the old one did not have, will enable us to begin to sort these things out a bit. Soon, parts of the forum will be no longer public - they will be for members only. Only in this way will we be able to get a real idea of who is and who is not truly interested in the esoteric view vs the "ordinary view".

I have also decided that my energy will be better invested in more Cs sessions, conducting them, publishing them, making them more accessible to those who are interested. We have a lot of sessions that have never been published, and I would like to have more sessions than we have been having and that means I need to divert energy from news gathering and commentary.

The bottom line seems to be this: there does not seem to be very much that anyone can do about the way the world is going right now. Without wide, popular support, which can only happen if the public gets educated, and fully half of them aren't even capable of it, there just isn't anything that can be done about what is going to happen. As I have said on numerous occasions, people are going to have to suffer a whole lot more before they wake up.

Are we "giving up"? No, just changing our focus. We see what is coming, and those who are capable of developing "receivership capability" need to be working on that. There simply is no way to wake up those who won't and CAN'T wake up.

Thanks a lot for your explanations, Laura. I already felt this focus change when you talked about your "oui-ja tutorial videos" project : do more for people who can - and want to - be more conscious instead of throwing bottles in the sea.

It reminds me an anectode : I helped for the translation of "Hello NATO, Goodbye France" article. After that, I decided to spread the word on other lambda forums : the reception was rather cold. Most people have their own "rationnal" explanations, one of them even told me that the presence of the condom box is perfectly normal : french soldiers use condoms to protect their rifles against water and humidity ! So they could use condom boxes to stock ammunitions. I got at least a dozen of arguments against this über bullcrap, but I just gave up. Even in front of the most incriminating evidences, they just don't want to go beyond the official and reassuring official theory. I don't know what is worse : being unable to wake up, or not wanting to ?

Hi Polonel and welcome (back :)) (I'm Dojdia from the now disabled French forum)
Hi ;)

What about the fate of the french forum ?

Prayers for rain said:
Hi Polonel and welcome (back :)) (I'm Dojdia from the now disabled French forum)

Polonel said:
Even in front of the most incriminating evidences, they just don't want to go beyond the official and reassuring official theory. I don't know what is worse : being unable to wake up, or not wanting to ?

IMO it is worse to not want to wake up, for those who have the capacity. If you can't you can't and there's nothing one can do about it. But seeing someone who can/could/might and won't because they don't wan't to go through their programming is such a waste of potential.

Hello there! I think there are those who can't see and those who see. In the second category people, there are those who accept things as they are - which means objectively, with emotional detachment - pursuing reasoning on the things that are not "normal." And there are those who would do something about everything related to the "backstage of the world" but can't fully do it, because they have a fragmented personality. A fragmented personality that evoke fear inside them. So, IMO, i think that some of the persons who can't fully use the potential of the "red pill" can't because they have a metabolism and body who is a little sick (that's a metaphor). So, i don't think that there is something more acceptable or not, because the roots of the problem may be related the "reality peverters".

Laura said:
I have also decided that my energy will be better invested in more Cs sessions, conducting them, publishing them, making them more accessible to those who are interested. We have a lot of sessions that have never been published, and I would like to have more sessions than we have been having and that means I need to divert energy from news gathering and commentary.

These are great news, Laura. I can't wait to see the newest C's sessions.
Long live the new Cassiopaea forum. :)

I'm so glad you wrote this, Laura, thank you!
Yes, a shift in focus on more esoteric matters is very much welcome and I appreciate the name change of the forum.
You are right, there is only so much one can do to help people wake up without going too deep. The Naomi Wolf article says it all.
A "splitting" is happening and not everyone is going to wake up or even wants to wake up, not matter what you do. That is just the reality of the situation as it is now.
I'm looking forward to new material by the C's and this change of approach.
Thank you and everyone at SOTT also for your work, dedication and making this possible. Also big thanks to all the forum members and moderators to give this forum the great quality it has. It's really the only lighthouse I'm aware of on the internet that is not afraid to go where we need to go. When the forum was down for a couple of days, I started to feel uneasy (At first I wasn't aware that it was being updated) as I'm reading on here every single day.
But what a come-back! How inspiring!

It is good that the renaming of the forum to be understood by those used to Cassiopaea as a clearer opening on esoteric aspects. In the french forum we discussed politics according to two discourses. One of an esoteric point of view where being aware of social and political aspects was a part of the word (seeking the truth about this world as a part of seaking the truth out-there and within self and so on) and those who stopped at political analysis without trying to see above. A remark of Dojdia (prayers for rain) is still in my mind and it was about the now leaking of time and about the fact that once we understood we have now to work. Hope that the more esoteric flag will prevent people with only political agenda from interfering with the Work of the many here.
I would share also the happiness of everyone here for the new material : more knowledge, more work.

I am very interested in this re-focus on the Work. As I continue to study, many ideas arise that I would like to share here but feel they are of such an initiatory nature, they should not be lightly transmitted. Thank you for providing the "school."

Back
Top Bottom