The Odyssey - Manual of Secret Teachings?

The Iliad and The Odyssey ARE a record of astronomical phenomenon . . . possessing accurate calculations, spherical trigonometry and a high-level knowledge of astronomy. Pls read "Homer's Secret Iliad: The Epic of the Night Skies Decoded" (Sept 1999) and "Homer's Secret Odyssey" (Sept 2011) by Florence Wood and Kenneth Wood . . . It is an amazing piece of deductive reasoning . . .

Thanks for the heads up Merlin, finally got my hands on a copy recently (from the U.K. of all places) and despite being only a hundred pages in, it’s EXACTLY what I was looking for 😊
Interestingly it’s also given a plausible insight to some dreams that have had me stumped for ages!

Much appreciated.

Cheers

J

Today, SOTT carries an article about Xenia (code of hospitality) from John Beasley (The Duran - Tue, 17 Dec 2019 20:25 UTC):

The 3,000-year-old social and moral code of The Oddessy -- Sott.net

European culture formally began with the books of Homer. These European cultural stories were popularized in Europe approximately 3,000 years ago and then written down by the poet Homer about 2,700 years ago. One of the major themes in Homer is the concept of Xenia. Xenia defines the behavior expected from local European residents toward travelers, strangers, and even immigrants. Xenia also defines the behavior that is expected in return from these guests, these strangers in a strange land. The concepts presented in the Iliad and the Odyssey are considered the foundation of the European cultural tradition termed the code of hospitality or the code of courtesy.

continued...

Hey all, I am glad to find this thread!

I had done my own research regarding one section of the Odyssey, which is below. This is a certain style of writing of mine which is more like 'metered verse' and less 'linear' than what many would be accustomed to. But it's how I flow.

The piece was written a year ago when I was trying to understand the substance abuse issue in this world - and also amongst my 'friends' at the time. I found that there is perhaps ancient meaning to the term 'holy moly' - with an interesting link to acetylcholine. It is a meditation on spell-casting. It also attempts to understand the sense and significance of the New Age Cointelpro as comparable to the Reformation.

I welcome any feedback - I intend to turn this into an article.

Thanks in advance.

Thinking of spelling, words as spells, spell-casting, chanting, enchantments, sorcery. Christianity, drugs, and the New Age. Where did the word Church come from? Why is it called the Mother Church?

In Scotland it was Kirk, in Germany Kirche. In Greek it was Circe, a goddess who lived on the Isle of Aiaia. She was skilled in illusion, transmutation, necromancy. She often turned people into swine to eat them. Now think of the Mother Church, turning people into domesticated livestock.

This is almost what happened to the crew of Odysseus, and Odysseus himself, if Hermes hadn't warned him. His crew was fed a meal, sweetened with honey, and laced with a potion, and she turned them into pigs after they'd gorged. Hermes told him that there was an herb he could use, Moly, that could help protect him against her wiles.

"The root was black, while the flower was as white as milk; the gods call it Moly, Dangerous for a mortal man to pluck from the soil, but not for the deathless gods. All lies within their power".

Obviously some sort of powerful plant. From what I've read, there has been a lot of debate about who Moly is. Is it a plant still with us? Some say it is snowdrop. The flower in the region contains galantamine, which has a substance in it that help with amnesia, hallucinations, and delusions. These occur when a certain substance blocks acetylcholine, whichI can't pretend to know everything about. But it seems that its related to clarity of sight and thought.

Tobacco is a plant that boosts clarity of thought. Ive read that nicotine mimics acetylcholine, or fits into the receptor, something of this nature. Perhaps part of its sacred status amongst intact cultures is the knowledge that it helps prevent you from being enchanted, turned into pigs, and being eaten by the Church.

Anti-smoking is everywhere.

But we live in a time where the Church is losing steam. She over-ate, and some of the herd animals have jumped the fence. Some heroes and heroines found their version of Moly.

Religion is a word that is loaded. But one etymology is re-ligare, to bind, or reconnect. Circe's name is derived from the Greek kirkoô, meaning to secure with rings or to enclose in a hoop, a circle. Its a reference to the binding power of magic. Religions around the world could be seen as this binding, a fencing in, or an enclosure, where you keep your livestock. Your flock of sheep.

But word has got out amongst the human animals. The Inquisition, the witch trials, the missionaries, and the culture of rape. Somehow, the Moly effect has taken hold, and there's a rejection of the old feedlot.

But plants play various roles in the story of Circe. Moly can free us. But she also makes use of plants to enchant, drug, and domesticate her victims.

Christianity still has an effect. But for all those animals who jumped the fence, there's a new mode of social control. Religion is re-binding. A new spell. Some have escaped. How to bring them back in? If Christianity has broken down, what has replaced it? Well, in the 60s, the anti-war movement became a serious threat to the would-be Masters of Mankind.

How to enchant, drug, and domesticate an unruly populace? What would the tranquilizer be? Huxley wrote about it in his power manual, Brave New World. He called it Soma. Whereas Orwell wrote about the fear-based mode of control, Huxley wrote about the desire-based mode.

You can control a beast by dangling a carrot in front of its nose, or hit it with a stick.
The tranquilizer was drugs. Well - it was a trifecta. The Law of Three. Sex, drugs, rock 'n' roll. Turn thinking humans into domesticated beasts that can be devoured. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

There a legend I'd like to share.

God said to the Andean people:

“Guard the leaves with much love and when
you feel the sting of pain in your heart,
hunger in your body
and darkness in your mind…
take them to your mouth and softly, draw up
its spirit which is part of mine…..”
You will find love for your pain
food for your body and light for your mind
Further more, watch the leaves dance with the wind
and you will find answers to your queries.

But if your torturer, who come from the North
the white conqueror, the gold seeker, should touch it
he will find in it only…
poison for his body
and madness for his mind
for his heart is so callous as his steel and iron garment
And when the COCA, which is how you will call it,
attempts to soften his feelings
it will only shatter him
as the icy crystals born in the clouds
crack the rocks, demolish mountains. …"

Plants can protect. Plants can harm. They can bind us into domestication, or free us. Peoples of intact cultures knew this. Some still know this. The old cultures who know are being intentionally wiped out.

I've begun to look very carefully at my life, and ask myself serious questions about the so-called freedoms that civilization has on offer. I've begun to read back into the myths, looking for answers.
I've become increasingly convinced that the culture of drugs is part of the formation of the new Church. Some call it the New Age religion. It will be very different than Christianity. It will also be very similar.

This event is perhaps as historically significant as the Protestant Reformation, or Constantine adopting Christianity. Sometimes its hard to see it when you're in it.
The words being used are clues.
They are spells.
Spelling.
Enchantments.
Songs.
Time to wake up.

Holy Moly.

It is one of my "Bibles", because it is a splendid work and of reflection for the man who wants to find his original "home"

For those who do not know Homer, the Illiade is independent of the Odyssey, what connects it is after the Trojan War, some of whom think that it was the war against the Atland, even if in the Illiade the very human aspect of the Trojans is not overlooked, in particular the human character of Hector which is great

Back
Top Bottom