The "Rational Male and Female"? - Biology and Programs in Relationships

All that said, I think people who feel inclined should read Tomassi's books, or one of them (book 2). He brings useful information to the table for these troubled times and it may be a good exercise for some in 'weeding'.

I think I will give book 2 a go. BTW, I can't tell you how happy I am with all this new information about traditional masculinity and these excellent articles that have appeared on SOTT lately about this topic. For me it means I can finally start filling in the blanks after all these years.:-)

Personally, I've read dozens of his articles from his blog posts (as well as many comments from reviewers/Internet users), and according to one reviewer, his books are partly compiled from them. So while not having the bigger picture, can we say that his (generally quite long and convoluted) articles reflect what he says in his books, and can we have a general grasp of his views based on those (I'm not talking about social media stuff, or taking a paragraph out of context)?
I get what you're saying Tim (and Joe), and I think it's good if his books help some disenfranchised men understand relationship dynamics, or prevent them from committing suicide, or motivate them to improve themselves so as to become better men (confident, self-assured and so on).
While what he describes may seem like a revelation for some, we've already have this kind of information available in France for years, with authors like Alain Soral (who, while he says some truths, is kind of a caricature of an 'Alpha' man, and with him, you really have to sort the wheat from the chaff) or Eric Zemmour (more interesting and more serious than Soral). Maybe the information Tomasi provides is needed right now in a specific context: in North America, for American men, as a counterbalance to the hysterical feminist hysteria. I say "in North America" because this may partly be a cultural issue. One of the reasons it seems so over the top to me is that we still have fairly traditional gender roles in France (especially in rural areas) which, as a Latin country, is rather 'macho-like', and while the anti-male propaganda is also seeping everywhere including here, this over-feminization of men/the feminine imperative taking over is not really something I can observe in my day-to-day life, nor something I could personally see around me/experience while growing up.
As I haven't read the books, I'm not gonna engage in a debate over its merits, yet I just have a few questions regarding some points Tomasi makes on his blog, and some of the advice he gives, because I find all this very confusing:

He does describe things and makes observations, OK. People will do what they will with that knowledge according to their own profile or aims in life. OK too. But my previous comment about not having a moral standpoint is that he does give advice to men about how to conduct themselves with women, so it's not just scientific observation/description of dynamics. For ie, this: Wait for it?
To sum up, he advises men in general (not only young men entering the "market" and needing experience) not to bother with a woman who refuses to have sex with them within the first 3 dates. It's all there written in black and white, so I don't think you need the context of his 3 books to understand the gist of it.
So what's up with advising men seeking "interactions" with women to basically behave like jerks (or have I been taken in by the feminine imperative here, whatever the hell that means? :umm:).
That's a piece of advice that strongly clashes with some of the material promoted on this very forum on the "must read" book list.
For ie, Sandra Brown's books Women who love psychos and How to spot a dangerous man before you get involved. For Sandra, a man behaving like this would qualify as a sexual predator/dangerous man, and should be avoided like the plague. I agree.
So in light of this, context or no context, you can see why I'm experiencing some cognitive dissonance.

Tomasi is also anti-marriage/anti-monogamy" (unlike JBP), which he sees as part of the feminine imperative:

After 16 years of marriage I can honestly say there are no appreciable advantages (outside of raising children) that a man cannot enjoy single that he can married. That’s not meant to be pessimistic, but rather a caution to emphasize how important it is to disabuse yourselves of this AFC, romanticized, marriage-as-goal mentality. It’s also not to say marriage is never worth it – just that marriage is complete advantage for women with negligible, if any, benefit for men. Marriage will either make a man’s life or destroy his life; enter into thinking about it like this and you’ll make a better decision. Is this person deserving of what I provide? Women will NEVER, even in the best of marriages, fully appreciate the sacrifices a man has to make in order to fulfill his commitment of marriage. Entering into a life-long binding commitment of fidelity that offers a man very little appreciable advantage, and knowing the totality of the risk he’s assuming in accepting that sacrifice will never be fully understood or appreciated by the woman he marries.

This information can seem shocking, offending and so on, but is it really TRUE? I have no answer, I'm just asking questions.

Sure, we can point out that Tomassi is merely describing dynamics/how it works, "do what you will, I'm just the messenger" and all that, yet I'm wondering (based on the dozens of comments on his blog) how many "redpillers" will be able to sort the wheat from the chaff, and how many will go all B/W thinking, victimhood mentality (whining about how it's all women's faults - yes, that's what I've read in many comments on his blog… ), which is exactly what the radical feminists are doing wrt men/it's all patriarchy's fault, etc? Just some questions that are not unreasonable, I think.

I've read an article about the whole Men's right's movement/RedPillers/Pick-up artists (as the author points out, the line beween those 3 is sometimes blurry) that seems rather balanced (though the title is crappy, and misleading). While the author recognizes there's truth to what Tomassi and other prominent figures in this movement say, he is pointing out some of the flaws in the RedPill ideology (and it IS an ideology… though again, I'm not discarding the usefulness or validity of Tomasi's work in the current context, and how it can help some men):

1) Female Psychology:
Women, ruled by a “hindbrain”, are driven by a sense of hypergamy to find the most uber-sexy, domineering man, an Alpha, over wimpy Betas, most of the other men because, as Xpat puts it, “Men believe that love matters for the sake of it. Women love opportunistically.” This is a major part of their ideology, Rollo Tomassi (pen-name for the blogger at the Rational Male), makes it his 6th Iron Rule (he has 9), “Women are utterly incapable of loving a man in the way that a man expects to be loved.”

A translation: “Women are only capable of loving men conditionally, that is, if it benefits them.” Now, as with nearly all the best lies this one has a grain of truth to it. Hypergamy is a real thing, it is the desire of a (heterosexual) woman to select as a mate/spouse the highest quality man available with the man's quality hinging on a variety of traits. This can be proven by scientific studies and common sense.

The Pick-up Artists twists this, producing blog posts headlined "Hypergamy Doesn't Care", providing examples of the things Hypergamy doesn't care about:
—"Hypergamy doesn’t care how great a Father you are to your kids."​
—"Hypergamy doesn’t care how great a guy you are for adopting the children she had with other men."​
—"Hypergamy doesn’t care about how well you do your part of the household chores."​
And so on.

The interesting thing is that, according to every bit of available knowledge of science's understanding of hypergamy... THESE ARE EXACTLY THE THINGS IT DOES CARE ABOUT YOU THICK-HEADED NUMBSKULL!!! They want a man who will be a great father, a great husband, who is caring, who is supportive, but tough enough to not be driven to a mess of tears by the smallest problems. Basically, they want a man. But, this is their world view.

About hypergamy, here's an interesting observation, maybe worth pondering, in the comments section to the above article:

I'm of South Asian descent. Its interesting to note that the origins of the term "hypergamy" stem from what the British Imperialists saw in India during their unfortunate rule there: the discouragement of daughters from marrying men beneath them on the social strata.

The elders had the wisdom and foresight to encourage hypergamy, knowing fully well that the tendency of "love" is to be blind. Thinking in terms of long term benefit for all family members, rather than just the short term fun-feelings of one or two young, naive individuals, they discouraged hypogamy and encouraged hypergamy in the young women.

So its the exact OPPOSITE of what these MRA bozos are proposing. If left without encouragement, young, naive women are likely to marry any clown that she feels "in love" with. Same goes for young, naive men. The elders in our culture encourage young people to think for long-term benefit rather than short-term enjoyment.

And:

if you look up the definition of "hypergamy" once of the first uses of the word was by the British Raj to describe the marriage system of India wherein parents discouraged their daughters from marrying men below them on the social strata. The wise elders knew that young people are largely influenced by hormones and young women might marry any ol' slacker they feel "in love" with. To prevent such a tragedy, the parents encouraged their daughters to engage in hypergamy, or at least equigamy, via arranged marriage.

So hypergamy is a positive thing. MRA's interpretation of it is negative, and is in act hypOgamy, not hypERgamy.

Hypergamy is a force for good that needs to be cultivated over and above a natural, blind sort of love,

I'm gonna stop here. This discussion certainly gives some food for thought. :-)

@Timótheos, thanks for this post, I'll definitely read his 2nd book and see what I can get out of it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but reading between the lines, I sense a deeper and I think important question, namely: what does it mean to be an "enlightened" man? What does it mean to be part of this network as a man?

For a long time, I thought that part of becoming "enlightened" or follow the "cass way" means to embrace your feminine, giving side, but it seems that's at least in part yet another deception. I'm sure I embraced it partly because I always was a very insecure guy, and confusing insecurity with "embracing your female side" makes you feel better than acknowledging your failure as a man. And yes, concepts like "STO" can easily be misunderstood as "embrace your weakness" or "become more feminine". And there's a reason IMO why many of us men here are so into Jordan Peterson; it seems his message and way of expressing it, and his demonstrating what it looks like being strong, courageous and yet in touch with your feelings as a man, was a much-needed supplement to what we discuss here for men.

I've been thinking lately that indeed, we live in a "woman's world" today in many ways. For example, it seems to me that most women are notoriously good at "practical"/"pragmatic" stuff, i.e. household management. This makes perfect sense evolutionary speaking (and it's not to be belittled as "cleaning and cooking", because literally, women manage life!). It's the kind of multi-tasking, keeping an eye on everything that needs to be done, planning and organizing skills that most women seem so good at.

And it seems that most of today's jobs in corporations are of the "household managing" variety that doesn't suit most men. Heck, even if you are an engineer today, you don't get to "nerd up" in your basement, but are dealing with marketing, supply chains and throwing together 3D models on the computer, always interrupted by stupid meetings, phone calls and emails.

I think most of us men need our "nerd time", with hours-long, razor-sharp focus on something not necessarily strictly pragmatic, be it alone or with other men, just because we want to and it's important to us, to hell with women and their goddamn multitasking, practical nonsense :-D

But alas, women won't grant us such things without putting up a fight, so we need to "man up" and reconquer what 50 years of ideological feminism have taken away from us. Rediscover what it really means to be a man, what we can bring to the table.

Which of course is a subtle art that we need to master: what does genuine, masculine strength and courage mean and look like? Where does pathology start? When are you really "manning up" in a good way, and when are you merely justifying your meanness and laziness with "masculinity"? It seems to me that this is part of our "lesson profile" as men being born into this day and age.

And personally, in my marriage, there are some interesting things going on (including conflicts and renegotiation of certain things lol) as a consequence of both of us trying to figure out what it means being "red-pilled" and recognizing the pathology in feminist ideology. Interestingly, this only seems to strengthen our connection, and is also relieving in a way, because we don't need to brush off obvious truths anymore in favor of ideology.

Could be though that this post is a huge projection fest on my part, I really don't know.

All there is is lessons, right? Whoever designed this day and age, it sure is very demanding and requires a LOT of learning...

I think I will give book 2 a go. BTW, I can't tell you how happy I am with all this new information about traditional masculinity and these excellent articles that have appeared on SOTT lately about this topic. For me it means I can finally start filling in the blanks after all these years.:-)

Yeah, I'm going to give it a read as well. If I'm correct, the second volume is called 'Preventive Medicine'.

Great. Would be really interested in your opinion.

This video is one of may favourite videos ever because I think we can draw so much from it in terms of behaviour, morality, taboo, taking the brakes off, swinging from one extreme to another, suppression, liberation, etc., etc.

I can feel how Timotheos is feeling about Tomassi's work, because I've been through this same feeling myself. I think this is how a lot of men are feeling at present, now that they're being exposed to ideas of evolutionary biology and psychology. It's liberating and exciting. In my experience, just taking in work of this nature actually feels like it's boosting your testosterone levels in real time. In exaggerated terms, it feels like you've been raised with sheep all your life, and thought you were a sheep, and you copied what the other sheep did. And then one day, you found out you're a wolf. And you're like, "Oh my God, that explains it! I never felt 'right' just spending 95% of my waking hours chewing grass and being shepherded in and out of pens. I'm a God damned killing machine!"

Well, you're a lot of things. And all this info brings to mind a certain maxim that is often used by poker players and poker instructors. "It only takes a few minutes to learn the rules, but it takes a lifetime to master them."

Yeah, we're learning a lot of rules about what it could or should mean to be a real man. But just as knowing the rules of poker isn't going to make you a professional poker player over night, what we're learning about the general differences and roles of men and women doesn't make us real men over night, either.

So what happens to some of us when we encounter new info like we're all getting now is that we swing hard in that direction in order to understand and assimilate it. And there's nothing wrong with that at all. As long as you remember yourself, acknowledge that you're a bit excited, and allow for the possibility that you might be over-identified with it, maybe even for a while. But know that it's not yours yet until you experiment with it over a long period of time.

And then the most important part is what Joe talks about and alludes to: after a while, we're able to keep what seems to be the most important and practical aspects, and we can leave behind what we, through our experimentation, have realised was the ideological or biased parts; which are the parts which tend to expose the agenda, or the authors own personal problems and issues.

So what happens to some of us when we encounter new info like we're all getting now is that we swing hard in that direction in order to understand and assimilate it. And there's nothing wrong with that at all.

Indeed, there's isn't.

As long as you remember yourself, acknowledge that you're a bit excited, and allow for the possibility that you might be over-identified with it, maybe even for a while. But know that it's not yours yet until you experiment with it over a long period of time.

But that's not so easy, and the risks of rushing head-long down the wrong path are great. When you discover new information that makes a lot of things make sense, and light-bulbs go off, and you realize how much of a sheep you were, and think that now you are not. The fact is, you still are. You're just a slightly more informed sheep. De-sheepification is, as Gurdjieff said, about fixing your 'machine', reducing your susceptibility to external influences, influences that are, essentially, 'of this world'.

All that said, I think people who feel inclined should read Tomassi's books, or one of them (book 2). He brings useful information to the table for these troubled times and it may be a good exercise for some in 'weeding'.

I suppose if you had to read only one of the books, Preventative Medicine would be the best place to start. However, personally I wouldn't recommend only reading one of the books. The series is inclusive, interrelated, and one builds on the one before it.

The first (however crass it seems in the beginning) best needs to be read initially, because lays out most of the core concepts and terminology which are then clarified and expanded on in the second. I found that the more problematic aspects of the first book, many of which have been highlighted here, are actually explained better and make more sense in the second.

The third book is also very good. It is called "Positive Masculinity" and contains many of the ideas I related earlier about developing traits of strength, competence and confidence in men. It also deals with issues facing mature men, parenting, relationships between fathers with sons, and how it all fits in with the wider socio-cultural sphere.

I stumbled upon a book (or rather, a series of books) written in the 70's that basically describe Tomassi's and other 'redpillers' philosophy. I don't know if Tomassi is aware of those books, but his stance/observations are eerily similar:

Wiki said:
The Manipulated Man
Wiki said:
The book argues that, contrary to common feminist and women's rights rhetoric, women in industrialized cultures are not oppressed, but rather exploit a well-established system of manipulating men.

Vilar writes, "Men have been trained and conditioned by women, not unlike the way Pavlov conditioned his dogs, into becoming their slaves. As compensation for their labours men are given periodic use of a woman's vagina." The book contends that young boys are encouraged to associate their masculinity with their ability to be sexually intimate with a woman, and that a woman can control a man by socially empowering herself to be the gate-keeper to his sense of masculinity. Vilar states that this has been going on for some time.

The author says that social definitions and norms, such as the idea that women are weak, are constructed by women with their needs in mind. Vilar explains how it works: if women are viewed as weak, less is expected of them; and therefore they are given more leeway in society than men. Vilar states that women are generally "gold diggers" who attempt to extract money and other material resources from men. One means by which women control men to effect this transfer of resources is praise. Women dole out praise to men only when their needs are met in some way.

Another means of manipulation is the calculated use of emotional displays. Vilar claims that women can control their emotional reactions whereas men cannot, and that women create overly-dramatized emotional reactions to get their way: they "blackmail" men emotionally. Women also use sex as a tool of manipulation and control but also traditional concepts of love and romance, which are seen more positively than sex, to control men's sexual lives. Vilar writes that men gain nothing from marriage and that women coerce them into it under the pretense that it fulfills their romantic desires. [sounds, familiar?]

The book closes with Vilar stating that it would be difficult to change the situation by appealing to women, as women are unsympathetic to the plight of men, and unwilling to give up their comfortable position in society. It is up to men to see past the deception and emotional blackmail and subject it to open criticism before any meaningful changes can occur.

The Manipulated Man was quite popular at the time of its release, in part due to the considerable press coverage it received.[1]

Vilar appeared on The Tonight Show on February 21, 1973, to discuss her book. In 1975 she was invited to a televised debate[2] by WDR with Alice Schwarzer, who was considered as the leading representative of the women's movement in Germany at that time. The debate provoked controversy, in particular for its high degree of aggression. At one point, for example, Schwarzer claimed Vilar was[3] "not only sexist, but fascist", and compared her book with the Nazi newspaper Der Stürmer.[4]

Vilar stated that she received death threats over the book: "So I hadn't imagined broadly enough the isolation I would find myself in after writing this book. Nor had I envisaged the consequences which it would have for subsequent writing and even for my private life—violent threats have not ceased to this date.[5]

Meet the first redpiller of the modern era!… His her name is Esther Vilar:

Esther Vilar
(born Esther Margareta Katzen, September 16, 1935 in Buenos Aires, Argentina) is an Argentine-German writer. She trained and practised as a medical doctor before establishing herself as an author. She is best known for her 1971 book The Manipulated Man and its various follow-ups, which argue that, contrary to common feminist and women's rights rhetoric, women in industrialized cultures are not oppressed, but rather exploit a well-established system of manipulating men.

Vilar's parents were German-Jewish emigrants. They separated when she was 3 years old.

She studied medicine at the University of Buenos Aires, and in 1960 went to West Germany on scholarship to continue her studies in psychology and sociology. She worked as a doctor in a Bavarian hospital for a year, and has also worked as a translator, saleswoman, assembly-line worker in a thermometer factory, shoe model, and secretary.

Esther married the German author Klaus Wagn in 1961.[1] The marriage ended in divorce after two years but they had a son, Martin, in 1964. Concerning the divorce she stated, "I didn't break up with the man, just with marriage as an institution."[2]

One of Vilar's most popular books is titled The Manipulated Man, which she called part of a study on "man's delight in nonfreedom".[3] In it, she claims that women are not oppressed by men, but rather control men in a relationship that is to their advantage but which most men are not aware of.

Some of the strategies described in her book are:
  • Luring men with sex, which she referred to as the "periodic use of a woman's vagina," and other seduction strategies
  • Controlling men by the judicious use of praise, sex, and emotional blackmail once they have been lured
  • Masking her real intentions and motives in the guise of romantic love
The Manipulated Man was quite popular at the time of its release, in part due to the considerable press coverage it received.[4]

Her 2 other books are respectively titled:

The Polygamous Sex – A Man's Right to the Other Woman (what a program!) - 1976
Pour une nouvelle virilité
(apparently, this one hasn't been translated into English yet) - 1977

I perused the reviews for "The Manipulated Man" on Amazon… and stumbled upon one written by Laura in 2010:

Laura said:
Minus 5 stars - the author is nuts!

After reading a page or two, I handed this book to my husband to read. He gave up in disgust half an hour later pointing out that the mind that produced this drivel was either poverty stricken or pathological. I have to agree. Somehow the words "paranoid" and "Cluster B personality disorder" come to mind.

That is not to say that there are not some women, indeed, who behave as Vilar describes them; where I come from we call them bitches. But to characterize women in general this way, to paint our modern, patriarchal society with this whitewash, is completely irrational.

Just as Freud projected his pathology onto humanity in general (he was a psychopath), I suspect Vilar has done the same. On page 46 where she writes "Instead of probing the depth of woman's 'mysteriou' psyche - 'mysterious' only because there is nothing behind it -.... " I rather suspect she is describing herself.

Don't waste your money. If you really want to read about what has happened to women in our culture, try Sandra Brown's Women Who Love Psychopaths - 2nd Edition and Lobaczewski's Political Ponerology (A Science on the Nature of Evil Adjusted for Political Purposes)
A lot has happened between 2010 and today, and we definitely don't live in a 'patriarchal society' anymore… or at least, North America - which always seems to be ahead of the time in terms of hysterisation - doesn't.
I don't know if the above books are worth exploring, in light of the societal changes that have been taking place, which are, we agree, increasingly detrimental to men and which seek to paint normal male behaviour as pathological. That's up to everyone to decide for themselves whether they're worthing reading (if only to discard them as pathological nonsense, or to spot the grains of truth and throw away the rest), and to connect the dots if possible.
I'm just throwing it out there because I think it's quite interesting that the basic ideas promoted in these books - written in the 70's - seem to have been picked up and are now being spread by a good portion of the 'Redpillers' sphere.

These are tricky waters to navigate… as long as one strives to keep a clear head when delving into such (or into any) material, things should be OK. Always keeping in mind that "There's a disinformation program for everyone." You bet there is!

Last edited:
Tomasi is also anti-marriage/anti-monogamy" (unlike JBP), which he sees as part of the feminine imperative:
After 16 years of marriage I can honestly say there are no appreciable advantages (outside of raising children) that a man cannot enjoy single that he can married. That’s not meant to be pessimistic, but rather a caution to emphasize how important it is to disabuse yourselves of this AFC, romanticized, marriage-as-goal mentality. It’s also not to say marriage is never worth it – just that marriage is complete advantage for women with negligible, if any, benefit for men. Marriage will either make a man’s life or destroy his life; enter into thinking about it like this and you’ll make a better decision. Is this person deserving of what I provide? Women will NEVER, even in the best of marriages, fully appreciate the sacrifices a man has to make in order to fulfill his commitment of marriage. Entering into a life-long binding commitment of fidelity that offers a man very little appreciable advantage, and knowing the totality of the risk he’s assuming in accepting that sacrifice will never be fully understood or appreciated by the woman he marries.
This information can seem shocking, offending and so on, but is it really TRUE? I have no answer, I'm just asking questions.

Maybe Tomasi is not anti-marriage per se but aware of the risks of today's marital law.

A man, when he signs the marriage documents, should be aware that anytime he may lose most of his estate and never see his kids again.

Here the problem is not man or woman, it is the Western states (i.e. some elites) that enact biased laws.

Around the 1970's by popularizing divorces, the elites in Western countries desacralized the marriage (what's the meaning of vows and commitment if everything can be canceled overnight without having to provide any 'fault'), now they antagonize men and women with dis-balanced marital laws.

It should be no surprise that, as a direct result, fertility rates in 'developed countries' are plummeting, which, by the way, offer the very same elites a perfect narrative (depopulation) to embrace mass migration.

Last edited by a moderator:
I stumbled upon a book (or rather, a series of books) written in the 70's that basically describe Tomassi's and other 'redpillers' philosophy

I think you're wrong here, and it seems you're insisting that there is something fundamentally bad about the info in these books without having read them. Remember, we are discussing the material and core data of the books, not anything Tomassi or anyone else writes on twitter. The essence of the books are relationship advice about how to have better relationships, and NOT at anyone's expense. His message is aimed at giving men useful advice about how to START a relationship and solidify it, how to act in ways that will ensure its success.

Also, the ideas in the books do not necessarily apply to all people and all relationships, but there is evidence that it does apply to a lot of people. Again, as always, the point of discussing books here is to 'weed', to take the useful (for our purposes) information and leave the rest.

Rediscover what it really means to be a man

I think we need to clearly define the problem if we want to arrive at a practicable and useful solution.

'Beta bucks' or 'soy boys' etc are just catchy phrases to describe men who are not fulfilling their potential. So "what it really means to be a man" can be rephrased as "what it really means to be a man who is fulfilling as much of his potential as possible".

In the context of what Tomassi writes about, men's problems seem to be that they are not courageous enough, not assertive enough, not mature enough, not able to handle their emotions or emotionally-charged situations, too needy, too dependent, too self-deprecating, too narcissistic etc. etc.

What people learn about themselves from Tomassi's books, a good psychotherapist could tell them in a couple of sessions. But no one likes to think they need to see a shrink.

Technically, the issues that men have, have very little to do with women, except in that women had something that men wanted but the men, at that time, lacked the qualities necessary to get it. The same weaknesses very likely caused other failures in men's lives, but men tend not to focus on that, even if the cause is exactly the same.

That's why I think making women a central aspect of what is, essentially, an awareness of a need to improve yourself is not a good idea, because it opens the door to blaming women for men's failures (and this happens with a LOT of men involved in these topics). Women are not to blame for a man's failures. The man is. End of story.

All of the above is, obviously, equally true for women (although the list of problems might change slightly).

All there is is lessons, right? Whoever designed this day and age, it sure is very demanding and requires a LOT of learning...

You can say that again!

Last edited:
Technically, the issues that men have, have very little to do with women, except in that women had something that men wanted but the men, at that time, lacked the qualities necessary to get it. The same weaknesses very likely caused other failures in men's lives, but men tend not to focus on that, even if the cause is exactly the same.

That's why I think making women a central aspect of what is, essentially, an awareness of a need to improve yourself is not a good idea, because it opens the door to blaming women for men's failures (and this happens with a LOT of men involved in these topics). Women are not to blame for men's failures. Men are. End of story. All of the above is, obviously, equally true for women (although the list of problems might change slightly).

100% agree with this, and if that is what reasonable people get out T's books (basically, it's common sense), then great. I'll obviously refrain from commenting any further since no, I haven't read them. My vision may be partly skewed due to the fact that I've been looking at the masculinist movement for a week (as a consequence of reading this thread) and I've read so much nonsense and really crazy, scary stuff out there that it probably made me negatively biased against those books. So, point taken.

I'll obviously refrain from commenting any further since no, I haven't read them.

You don't have to refrain from commenting because you haven't read the books, you just have to refrain from concluding that the books are all crap, because you haven't read the book. There's more involved in this topic than the message of the books, and there ARE limitations to the books as regards this forum, one of them being that the are primarily focused on improving the chances of young males in Western nations - who are a complete mess - to sustain a successful relationship with a woman. A bit part of the reason they are a complete mess can be laid at the door of "third wave feminism" but also the massively materialistic and 'century of the self' society that they grew up in.

We can and should critique modern feminism, but NOT from a foundation of a perceived personal grievance with a specific woman or women in our personal lives. If you do that, you'll just turn yourself in a resentful old codger who hasn't changed a bit and achieved nothing that he aimed for. Again, our failings in life are because of our failings, no one else's.

Back
Top Bottom