The stock markets are already crashing

If you read the zerohedge website, they've been covering this for a long time.. the charts all point to the obvious, with or without more QE, the economies are dropping... all the data has turned south... we are already in a recession again, all those trillions sitting in the central banks for fear of actually doing something with them... like McClellan during the American Civil War if I remember correctly, though the USofA seems to have the opposite problem today, we can't seem not to make war everywhere we look. If the Fed wasn't paying interest on all those free monies they gave the 'too big to jail' banks, then the banks would be forced to do something with those funds, though they would probably only do what they are already doing... playing the system at 100x multiples to pump it and their own share prices up so they can collect on all fronts.. even as revenues fall... look at the negative data coming out from the various Fed banks these days: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-09-24/recession-imminent-kansas-becomes-6th-regional-fed-survey-flashing-red

I do wonder how many of these players know WTF is really going on.... those that do, should be exiting stage left rather soon, if they are still around... don't want to stay in the ballroom when the ship starts to sink... not if you know the ship has been sent to sea for that very reason. The 'rug pulling' moment should be arriving rather soon, as the floodgates can't hold back the flood waters much longer... the 'smart' CEOs know when to jump ship in style, golden parachutes intact. :cool2:

If the dark star doesn't arrive soon to serve as 9-11 did in 2001, then the same pattern will likely play out... down, down, down even as the central bankers chatter and go QE to infinity and beyond... a sinking ship is still a sinking ship, the smart money knows the inside scoop and places their bets accordingly... which is down... though if time permits, the usual staircase game should apply until that '9-11' moment arrives in some form as an excuse to let it all crash. The C's mentioned this game before and the same was said in the late 60s or was it the 70s from the Detroit group that Don started at before his own experiment that led to the Ra group. The game remains the same, with only infighting about 'when' and 'how'. Either way, the data doesn't lie, only its interpreters do, same with 'global warming', now 'climate change' as even the Pope has jumped on board to get in on that action, without the support of his climate group at the Vatican... sounds the same everywhere the club members have control of the ship. They know the iceberg is there... it's like a beacon to them to hit. ;D

gdpetti said:
.. the charts all point to the obvious,

Hi gdpetti,

It's a bit more complex than that.

An example:
Gerald Celente gained much notice back in 2007 -- with his forecast of "The Panic of 2008." He nailed it. Riding that success, he then made his forecast for the following year ... and it was titled "The Collapse of 2009." It looked that obvious to him (and to many others as well).

But that forecast turned out not so good. 2009 saw the beginning of a three fold rise in share prices ... till the recent drop.

While the current situation has the potential for a major collapse, it's a mistake to think it's obvious or simple. The yield curve (short rates near zero) is a powerful impediment to overcome.

My own guess is influenced by my interpretation of the C's recent remark. I would not have ventured it had that remark been absent.

FWIW.

PS
If one actually traded money based on what often appears on Zero Hedge, the performance results would be mixed -- at best.

sitting said:
gdpetti said:
.. the charts all point to the obvious,

Hi gdpetti,

It's a bit more complex than that.

An example:
Gerald Celente gained much notice back in 2007 -- with his forecast of "The Panic of 2008." He nailed it. Riding that success, he then made his forecast for the following year ... and it was titled "The Collapse of 2009." It looked that obvious to him (and to many others as well).

But that forecast turned out not so good. 2009 saw the beginning of a three fold rise in share prices ... till the recent drop.

While the current situation has the potential for a major collapse, it's a mistake to think it's obvious or simple. The yield curve (short rates near zero) is a powerful impediment to overcome.

My own guess is influenced by my interpretation of the C's recent remark. I would not have ventured it had that remark been absent.

FWIW.

PS
If one actually traded money based on what often appears on Zero Hedge, the performance results would be mixed -- at best.

I agree w/ you. I try to scan thru the article titles on whatreallyhappened and it has become so obvious as to how much the idea of imminent financial collapse has been disseminated - esp by Celente in particular! It's gotten to the point of 'the boy who cried wolf'- I don't even read any of those articles anymore. Not that I'm casting a blind eye to the whole situation. Articles that cite changes to the laws re banks or monetary procedure get a close look - and these changes are quite disturbing. The whole money confiscation w/ the fake war on drugs being used as an excuse is especially egregious. Based on how everything seems to be going now, I'm fond of saying, 'Who knew we needed to be Amish?' :lol:

Pierre said:
Shinzenbi said:
What this article should say is that stock markets are not crashing but already crashed. They are just artificially maintained at high values thanks to massive and regular liquidity injections in the financial system, ie quantitative easings. And according to these indexes, everything is fine economically speaking.

If you are looking for indexes and figures that show the real state of economy (real economy, not financial/virtual economy), interesting ones are Baltic Dry Index (assessment of the price of moving the major raw materials by sea), power consumption, tires consumption, Caterpillar machines sales, and of course real joblessness rates.

What you describe is the unsustainable decorrelation between real economics and financial markets while the first should drive the latter.

But for years markets have been free from any economic fundamentals because instruments like Quantitative Easing, High Frequency Trading, Derivates and sky high leverage have totally disconnected the financial sphere from reality.

So yes, the economic state of the world is gloomy (except for the top 0.1% who do extremely well and are a main cause of the turmoil) and financial figures are a scam.

The good news is that re-colleration is happening and soon real economic data and financial results will fully converge at the very bottom of every single chart.

Thank you for your reply. This is indeed what i was trying to describe.

Can you please tell me where you see re-correlation happening ? I still see stock markets levitating thanks to the magic of quantitative easings. I also hear market analysts saying that investing is stocks is safe, while the only thing they are expecting is further liquidity injection in the system that will maintain many many values high (but do not mention it). No major economic area can survive any longer without resorting to QE.

A major problem in global (real) economy is the growing absence of solvent markets. This does not show in financial data.

Not only is the conflict in Israel set to escalate, markets fell on Friday due to the perfect storm of U.S. employment results.

Global stock market meltdown as fears grow US economy will 'collapse'​

Kiyoshi Ishigane, chief fund manager at Mitsubishi UFJ Asset Management, said: 'I didn't expect stocks to fall this much.

'This is probably because there are concerns that the US economy will collapse in a big way, which is the most unpleasant pattern for Japanese stocks.'

José Torres, a senior economist at Interactive Brokers, said: 'The short-lived satisfaction of Fed Chief Powell communicating decent odds of a September rate cut has turned sour as investors are now panicking that the central bank isn´t trimming soon enough.'

Shares across the world tumbled Friday - as investors panicked over signs of weakness in the US economy.

The S&P 500 was sinking by 2.5 percent in midday trading, on pace for its worst day since 2022. The Dow Jones was down 954 points, or 2.4 percent.

At one point in the morning, the tech-heavy Nasdaq was down 3.2 percent, meaning it has lost more than 10 percent from a record high on July 11.

The tailspins were sparked by a dire jobs report on Friday morning. Unemployment in July rose to the highest level since October 2021 - suggesting the US economy is sputtering and raising fears of a recession.

Even before that report, stock markets in Europe, China and Japan in particular had plunged.

This was the worst day for stocks since March 16, 2020, during the COVID-19 pandemic fears.​

Dow closes down 600 points, Nasdaq enters correction after weak jobs report​

Stocks fell sharply on Friday as a much weaker-than-anticipated jobs report for July ignited worries that the economy could be falling into a recession.

Stocks sank after July job growth in the U.S. slowed more than expected, while the unemployment rate rose to the highest since October 2021. Nonfarm payrolls grew by just 114,000 last month, the Labor Department reported, a slowing from 179,000 jobs added in June and below the 185,000 expected by economists polled by Dow Jones. The unemployment rate increased to 4.3%.

The 10-year Treasury yield fell to its lowest since December as investors flooded into bonds for safety on the fear the Federal Reserve made a mistake this week by keeping interest rates at current levels.

Some megacap names saw steep losses during the day,
as Amazon's second-quarter results sparked investor concerns about Big Tech's blowout levels of artificial intelligence-related capital spending. The e-commerce giant slid 8.8% after missing the Street's revenue estimates and issuing a disappointing forecast. Intel, meanwhile, cratered 26% after announcing weak guidance and layoffs. Nvidia lost 1.8%, following a 6% loss a day before.

The attempt on Trump, the forced disappearance and surrender of Biden by the soft coup against him orchestrated by Obama and company as well as Israel's attacks on its neighbors are all part of the theater staged not only to hide "celestial intentions" from us but also to hide deflation from us. We are coming to the end of all this as we know it. They can no longer hide corporate results. Microsoft reported 8% down, NVIDIA reported 30% down and so did Starbucks to name a few. We are seeing a retrenchment in all the major companies, we are entering a deflationary period and that means recession. Something they were trying to hide from us.

Have you already felt it in your pockets, in your wallet? They are leaving us all in the street.

The Fed lowering interest rates is only a palliative. All they are doing is stretching the rubber band as long as possible until it breaks. But people are distracted with theories of the bullet that did or didn't go through Trump's ear, or whether Harris is brat or not black. Americans should be even more angry that their government is giving away their money to Ukraine and Israel when they could give their citizens free, quality health care.

Everything is in place for either Harris or Trump to save us after the "micro collapse" that they have planned and hope to control to some level to offer us a solution.

These financial headlines are written by the same folks who said "Wow, we had no idea Biden was an old man!"

I wouldn't give MSM outlets much credence as to what is really happening or why. I suppose they can be a bell-weather at times but I don't think it makes sense to amplify sources on the forum that are propaganda outlets. The real reality: that Japanese guy probably had to ask the Fed and the IMF for permission to prop up the Yen. (And then he feigns the innocent "Oh, wow, I'm shocked stocks dropped" when everybody knew what would happen if Japan raised Interest rates.)

The financial system is an arcane house of cards that defies logic. Why? As the C's said - it is a totally manipulated glass hall of mirrors run by a bunch of crooks.

The debt market and derivative markets will implode when the piper calls the tune. It is insane. It is criminal. Some are saying it will be the biggest wealth transfer in the history of the world. That said, you have to tip your cap to them for keeping it going for so long. It should have blown to hell in 2008.

The question for me is - are they 100% in control, or maybe only 92-95% in control of determining the exact financial system expiration date?

They DO have to make it look like there is a rational chain of events which will explain it all and focus the blame and wrath of the public on a few scapegoats and whipping boys. And they have to have their digital replacement system ready to roll. But the real perpetrators will try to exit quietly out a side door. Isn't that always the plot?

Think about all the airline puts bought prior to 911; the bets placed against DJT on the Friday before the assassination attempt; Nancy Pelosi's amazing stock trading track record; a literal tsunami of insider selling that has been going on lately. (NVDA! the last big thing propping up the stock market) You don't see that in the financial headlines, and if you find it, it is quietly mumbled in hushed tones. The insiders will know exactly when it's coming down.

Anyway, a major pullback (now), and one final euphoric blow-off top going into the election wouldn't surprise me. (so Jim Cramer can say 'I told you so' and to suck in every last drop of cash from retail investors) But, At some point Michael Snyder will finally be right.

The future is open and who knows what they'll do and when they'll do it or if the cosmos will force their hand. There is no way to predict it. 30 years ago, I was saying to myself that this system can't keep going on the way it is. Wrong. The C's even said 'they' will crash the system intentionally and then try to kick start it right back up but it won't work.

Puma, I agree, we must be getting close.

As it is said, "buckle up, buttercup".

Puma, I agree, we must be getting close.
My guess is that they are planning the collapse and reset within 3-4 years at the latest, but probably not this year. 2026-2027 seems most likely, unless we get a big war or wars before then. Or if major natural disasters like comets happen.

They do seem to be aware that something is coming and that they do not have much time.

Back
Top Bottom