"The Vegetarian Myth" in spanish

Eongar

Dagobah Resident
Hello!

I do not know since when, but Lierre Keith's book "The Vegetarian Myth" is available in Spanish! You can find it here:

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-452216295-el-mito-vegetariano-_JM

Y podéis encontrar fragmentos del libro aquí:

http://elmitovegetariano.com/fragmentos/

Was talked about a little of this book in the podcast of the Food Crisis:

http://es.sott.net/article/19848-PODCAST-Crisis-alimentaria-y-patocracia-moderna

oh wow i didn't know it was in spanish either! i'll try to find it in my country!

Gracias Álvaro!

irjO said:
oh wow i didn't know it was in spanish either! i'll try to find it in my country!

It seems that only sold in Argentina and Uruguay, but also are trying to sell in Mexico. Read it here:

http://elmitovegetariano.com/donde-conseguirlo/

Parece ser que sólo se vende en Argentina y Uruguay, pero están intentando venderlo también en México. Leelo aquí:

Orange Scorpion said:
Gracias Álvaro!

irjO said:
Parece ser que sólo se vende en Argentina y Uruguay, pero están intentando venderlo también en México. Leelo aquí:

Can't wait!

Just a note to say that we are in contact with the publisher, and apparently, this Spanish version hasn't been approved by them. So, no idea of the quality of the translation. It might be ok.

Ailén said:
Just a note to say that we are in contact with the publisher, and apparently, this Spanish version hasn't been approved by them. So, no idea of the quality of the translation. It might be ok.

i contacted this person who made the translation and said that he/she has the rights to distribute it in spanish! so it can be someone trying to gets benefits of it without the legal permission

This is the e-mail i received from that person, his name is Felix:

Feliz día para vos también Irving....Los derechos los negocié primeramente con la autora y luego con su editorial, PM Press. Tengo los derechos exclusivos para el mundo de habla hispana, tanto para la versión impresa como para la versión digital. Cualquier otra cuestión, estoy a tus ordenes. Saludos, Félix Leguizamón

Happy day to you too Irving, .... i negotiated the rights with the author first and then with his publisher, PM Press. I have exclusive rights to the Spanish-speaking world, both for the print version to the digital version. Any other question, I am at your command. Regards, Felix Leguizamón

i dont know :/ as i understand so far you are doing the official translation... maybe you want to get in contact with this person to see what are the legal state of his work?

irjO said:
This is the e-mail i received from that person, his name is Felix:

Feliz día para vos también Irving....Los derechos los negocié primeramente con la autora y luego con su editorial, PM Press. Tengo los derechos exclusivos para el mundo de habla hispana, tanto para la versión impresa como para la versión digital. Cualquier otra cuestión, estoy a tus ordenes. Saludos, Félix Leguizamón

Happy day to you too Irving, .... i negotiated the rights with the author first and then with his publisher, PM Press. I have exclusive rights to the Spanish-speaking world, both for the print version to the digital version. Any other question, I am at your command. Regards, Felix Leguizamón

i dont know :/ as i understand so far you are doing the official translation... maybe you want to get in contact with this person to see what are the legal state of his work?

Hello!

A friend went to Buenos Aires recently so I asked him to buy the book for me and they told him that they are interested in making contact with people from other LA countries in order to sell the book in more countries. They seem to have the legal right for the Spanish edition, just as irjO posted above, and they do seem interested in spreading the information, not only profit. They promote the book by giving extracts of the book online, on Facebook, etc.

I went ahead and wrote to the contact my friend gave me thinking that it can be a good thing to establish a contact with them, but I wanted to know what you guys think about this and if you've got some ideas of what we can possibly do with them.

Any ideas, comments?

Yas said:
Hello!

A friend went to Buenos Aires recently so I asked him to buy the book for me and they told him that they are interested in making contact with people from other LA countries in order to sell the book in more countries. They seem to have the legal right for the Spanish edition, just as irjO posted above, and they do seem interested in spreading the information, not only profit. They promote the book by giving extracts of the book online, on Facebook, etc.

I went ahead and wrote to the contact my friend gave me thinking that it can be a good thing to establish a contact with them, but I wanted to know what you guys think about this and if you've got some ideas of what we can possibly do with them.

Any ideas, comments?

well I tried to get more information about him but I talked to Chu and she said that she asked to the publishers of that book and they said to her that they don't know about this "official" version, so it is kind of strange, plus I think there are some translations from our group for that book in process I think!

irjO said:
Yas said:
Hello!

Any ideas, comments?

well I tried to get more information about him but I talked to Chu and she said that she asked to the publishers of that book and they said to her that they don't know about this "official" version, so it is kind of strange, plus I think there are some translations from our group for that book in process I think!

Yeah, pilule rouge has published the book in French but I don't think the Spanish team is translating it.

Thanks irjO, I sent a message to Chu to see what we can do. And I'll try to find out more about this guys.

Apologies for this late reply. At the time we got the rights to publish the French edition, they also offered the Spanish one. But we pointed out that a Spanish version had already been published. After that, only the French rights were discussed. So, I guess they either found out and talked to this Spanish editor and solved the problem or had a contract already but our contact didn't know about it.

As for the distribution aspect, Pilule Rouge cannot do anything without the rights. So it will have to be that Spanish publisher who finds its own distributors in Latin America. They can of course sell the book online, which would be the easiest.

I can try and find out more. For example, if they wanted to sell in Europe or through our website or Amazon, then a possibility is that we sign a contract with them, indeed. Yas, could you send me their contact information and/or let me know what their reply to you was? Thanks.

Chu said:
Apologies for this late reply. At the time we got the rights to publish the French edition, they also offered the Spanish one. But we pointed out that a Spanish version had already been published. After that, only the French rights were discussed. So, I guess they either found out and talked to this Spanish editor and solved the problem or had a contract already but our contact didn't know about it.

No worries Chu, I know you've been busy. I think this might be the case because he's got a nice edition and he mentions PM Press rights and everything inside the book, so I don't think he would risk that much by just doing it without the rights. He seems to be a nice person concerned with conveying the book's message, but we never know, right? He offered to send me a box with some books so I could sell them here, but I wanted to make sure that it's legal first, and especially if he's sending a percentage of the books sold to PM Press and Lierre Keith.

I discretely asked about it, and he told me he is doing that.

Chu said:
I can try and find out more. For example, if they wanted to sell in Europe or through our website or Amazon, then a possibility is that we sign a contract with them, indeed. Yas, could you send me their contact information and/or let me know what their reply to you was? Thanks.

Sure, I'll send you all the details.

Cheers!

I have ordered the book. It is a good idea, merely as one more opinion, if I compare it with the original edition from Amazon (Kindle)? My English is not too good, but I might notice if there is any obvious manipulations. Although Yas could possibly realize this much better.

Back
Top Bottom