The Work and Illness

Novelis said:
Firstly, I apologise for suggesting that this method is THE way of figuring out a possible correlation between doing the work and it’s possible effect on the physical body.... But then, I must admit to having programs of attachment and an egotistical attitude sometimes towards what I’ve learned in my self taught system of keeping fit, which I’m trying to discover and root out too, I’m sorry for coming across this way, I’d appreciate any insights of how I may have misunderstood what you’ve said, or if I’ve seen things in your post that weren’t there simply because of my own attachments of trying to make people see its value.
Oh dear, we seem to have both misunderstood each other. I did not think you came across as you have characterized, at all, and took no offence whatsoever. However, when I re-read my own post, I can see how you might have thought I did. My apologies for not communicating more clearly. I was just trying to provide the "big picture" of my health problems.

Novelis said:
Correct me if I’m wrong, but in light of these facts, you are simply practising healthy common sense developing your system of self-healing techniques based on learning through experiencing what works and what doesn’t.
That is exactly right.

Novelis said:
I tried stretching, running and all that, but my awareness of my own body was so bad that I just hurt myself doing these things without understanding the basics of structure, balance and alinement.
I have found that "gentle" exercise works very well for me, especially intensive stretching, deep breathing, and walking in the fresh air.

Novelis said:
May I ask what system of meditation you are following? Cross legged and all that? What are you focusing on while meditating?
Again, I have developed techniques unique to my own cirumstance, based on what does and doesn't work. When at rest, I meditate in an upright position in a chair, with feet flat on the floor, and head supported. I also practice a "walking meditation" when on nature trails with my dogs. When I am seeking to alleviate my symptoms, I focus on relaxation, release of inflammation and spasm, and understanding/insight into what may be underlying emotional or psychic "triggers".

Novelis said:
My recommendation was merely another component of that same synthesis mentioned above, but the most basic and fundamental aspect that works towards becoming competent in rooting, relaxing and maintaining a proper structure.... You don’t have to take my word for it, but the technique I was suggesting you to try is perfectly grounded in common sense and down to earth hypotheses of anatomical science.... You might be surprised by what this system may help curing, my asthema and allergies have certainly gotten better after 15 minutes of this everyday.
I have looked up the book you recommend, and it sounds intriguing. I will definitely try to obtain a copy and will let you know the results. Thank you very much for recommending it. I'm open to any other suggestions/recommendations that you might have.

Back
Top Bottom