Theodore Illion: Darkness Over Tibet

Session 020504 said:
Q: (B) Well you know what the next question is (laughter). What would be his destination? Where did he travel?
A: Siberia.
Q: (B) Does it have anything to do with the spot in Siberia or Russian mountains that has the electromagnetic labs or whatever it was that they were discussing before?
A: Close.
Q: (A) Well still the question is: in the book he said he knew the Tibetan language.
A: He did.
Q: (A) In Siberia they don't use Tibetan language. (L) He didn't have to be using the Tibetan language. (A) What language is he using in Siberia, probably Russian. (L) I don't know. I've never been there. Well they didn't say he didn't know Russian. (A) That's true. (L) Was the place that he really traveled to a place that was positive that was telling about a place that was negative?
A: Yes.
Q: (B) When you answered 'close' to my question about the electromagnetic thing did you mean close physically or close in concept?
A: Both.
Q: (B) Both are linked then, are you saying there is a link between the two?
A: Vague.
Q: (B) I was thinking why Stone [word indecipherable] Does it have anything to do with the grid?
A: Partly.

Earlier, In thorbiorn's second post he quotes from this session. Just wanted to add a little more for clarity.

It sounds like he did actually travel somewhere and that many parts of the story could have actually happened. ??

Somewhat similar to Castaneda's works in this regard.

cholas said:
Session 020504 said:
Q: (B) Well you know what the next question is (laughter). What would be his destination? Where did he travel?
Q: (B) Does it have anything to do with the spot in Siberia or Russian mountains that has the electromagnetic labs or whatever it was that they were discussing before?
A: Close.
Q: (A) Well still the question is: in the book he said he knew the Tibetan language.
A: He did.
Q: (A) In Siberia they don't use Tibetan language. (L) He didn't have to be using the Tibetan language. (A) What language is he using in Siberia, probably Russian. (L) I don't know. I've never been there. Well they didn't say he didn't know Russian. (A) That's true. (L) Was the place that he really traveled to a place that was positive that was telling about a place that was negative?
Q: (B) When you answered 'close' to my question about the electromagnetic thing did you mean close physically or close in concept?
A: Both.
Q: (B) Both are linked then, are you saying there is a link between the two?
A: Vague.
Q: (B) I was thinking why Stone [word indecipherable] Does it have anything to do with the grid?
A: Partly.

Earlier, In thorbiorn's second post he quotes from this session. Just wanted to add a little more for clarity.

It sounds like he did actually travel somewhere and that many parts of the story could have actually happened. ??

Somewhat similar to Castaneda's works in this regard.

Thanks for the additional clarification, cholas, and that definitely addresses the Tibetan issue -- I should have reviewed the beginning of the thread more carefully to avoid some noise. Good lesson for me ;) And I agree that there is a good parallel there with Castaneda.

Shijing said:
obyvatel said:
Shijing said:
He strikes me as a slightly earthier Ouspensky
That is interesting. My impression after reading the book was that Illion had all his 3 lower centers well developed. The way he handled physical hardships indicated a strong moving center. He seemed to have very good control over his lower emotions. Even at times of great stress,when he was fleeing for his life and soul in that underground city, he did not indulge in "unnecessary harshness" (pg 151-152). His intellect was also quite well developed given his theoretical knowledge of esoteric matters. Regarding Ouspensky, my impression was that he had a highly developed intellectual center but his emotions were largely under-developed. So I am thinking perhaps Illion had a much higher level of Being than Ouspensky and so he could access higher esoteric realities with a penetrating clarity. Illion's level of Being and earthiness kind of reminds me more of Gurdjieff than Ouspensky.

I think that you are probably right about the difference between Illion's and Ouspensky's emotional centers. What I feel that he had in common with Ouspensky is a certain analytic way of coming to conclusions about the reality that surrounded him. Based on his book, I don't get the impression that he had the same depth of knowledge or Being as Gurdjieff, although he certainly did have a lot going on. That being said, if the two would have known each other, it's not difficult for me to think that Illion may have been a highly valued student of Gurdjieff's, on the level of Ouspensky and Orage, perhaps even more. Thinking of it this way, it almost seems a shame that they never met and worked together, as I can only imagine their association would have been quite fruitful. This is just my subjective impression through the lens of the book, though.

In Struggles of the Magicians, it is fairly well stated that Ouspenski's emotional center was pretty much non-functional. Even his wife was reported to try to get a reaction out of his emotional center in front of his own students, but it was said that if Gurdjieff couldn't get Ouspenski's emotional center running, there was no way his wife would be able to do this either, which she didn't.

From what I remember, Gurdjieff held out hope for a long time that Ouspenski would be able to activate his emotional center, but it just never happened.

fwiw

Shijing said:
I think that you are probably right about the difference between Illion's and Ouspensky's emotional centers. What I feel that he had in common with Ouspensky is a certain analytic way of coming to conclusions about the reality that surrounded him. Based on his book, I don't get the impression that he had the same depth of knowledge or Being as Gurdjieff, although he certainly did have a lot going on. That being said, if the two would have known each other, it's not difficult for me to think that Illion may have been a highly valued student of Gurdjieff's, on the level of Ouspensky and Orage, perhaps even more. Thinking of it this way, it almost seems a shame that they never met and worked together, as I can only imagine their association would have been quite fruitful. This is just my subjective impression through the lens of the book, though.

When I read Illion, I got a very strong impression of parallels with Gurdjieff, so I wouldn't be surprised if he had in fact been acquainted with Fourth Way teachings. It's the same feeling you get about Castaneda and Jacob Needleman, both in relation to Gurdjieff - except that in those cases it's confirmed. Needleman openly quotes Gurdjieff, and I believe that it has already been established that Castaneda did indeed know about Fourth Way concepts, so it's obvious he borrowed a few ideas.

anart said:
It's my understanding that Darkness Over Tibet is a work of fiction; that Illion did not actually make the journey in real life, so that's something to keep in mind, regarding conclusions about his surviving the physical hardships. fwiw.
I know nothing of the flesh and blood Illion - my impression of Illion is formed entirely from the book. And it was this character of Illion described in the book that reminded me more of G than O. The author could have made up the stories of his wilderness survival from his armchair for all I know (though the C's said he had traveled to Siberia - which would be quite a wilderness in those times I guess) but the Illion of the story seemed to possess of a well developed moving center.
In hindsight, I think it was not very objective on my part to associate the possibly fictitious qualities of a book character to those of a real flesh and blood person.

I just got the book today via air-mail, read though the book in 2-3 hours, I could not put it down. As the book have been thoroughly discussed in previous posts I cant add that much. I found it very well written and I think I do get much of the massage he conveyed. I could not help but draw parallels to New age religion and spiritually and the dumbing down of the intellect and critical thinking via food feels very close to our reality of wheat, milk, soy, aspartame etc etc..

Have anyone here read his previous book; "in secret tibet", if so is it recommended?

GRiM said:
Have anyone here read his previous book; "in secret tibet", if so is it recommended?

"In Secret Tibet" is the companion book to "Darkness over Tibet" and if you couldn't put down Darkness over Tibet you probably won't be able to put it down either I sure couldn't!

Ana said:
Q: [Laughter from all] (L) I want to ask about this book I was reading earlier by T. Illion. He claims that he traveled to Tibet and found this underground city and interacted with these strange people. Was this an actual trip this guy made in a traditional 3rd density sense?
A: It is a disguise for conveying truths of a spiritual nature as well as a depiction of 4th Density realities.
Q: (L) Did he physically travel to Tibet?
A: No.
Q: (B) Sounds like he gained some inner awareness and used a story to convey it. (L) Did he travel anywhere?
Q: (L) Did he travel somewhere else and get this information and then accurately portray it as being centered in Tibet?
Q: (B) Were his other travels in 3rd density?
Q: (B) Is it important where he traveled?
I read this book very recently and I couldn't put down the book. Very well written and great book. one book that breakdown the new age dogma. It sounded like very true account based on what we NOW know. It all sounded like illuminati style rituals , underground base connected to secret locations through tunnels, metallic voices in the tunnel, mind control through mandatory food and dress etc. OM Deeksha movement tactics seems to be similar to this.

since Illion didn't make this journey , he might have gathered from the wise men he talked later in the story made it as a nice story. It gives the good cover to the people who made the journey. I liked this summary statement from the book.

More and More I began to be aware of the fact that life , including life on spiritual planes, was not an affair of peaceful contemplation and quite worship, but a dreadful turmoil, grim fight and a bitter struggle

probably the city itself is a underground base in 4D . Another interesting thing how the people surrounding the base are kept silent and some even gets killed for talking. Probably it is the same story applies to the people surrounding current military bases and underground bases.

After reading this, we can understand the hierarchies and Dalai Lama sounded more like a obama and No need to get surprised, if he supports Bush or Obama.

thank you torbjørn and all for this thread - will purchase the book as soon as i'm through with all of Laura's books. :D

I also enjoyed this book deeply, and thougth it a very ardent way of illustrating the battle and deception going on.

In his last strides away from the area of sorcery he comes too close to some dark magicians who surrounds him and blow some spell at him and he retorts 'may the Creator punish you for that' which I think he also says elsewhere in the book. What do you guys think is the psychology in this? Is it like cursing a feeding psychopath out of hiding, making it known what is happening? a wish for cosmic justice or something else? It seemed to me at first a just prayer/ assertion considering what he just went through then a rather left hand path kind of thing to wish but I may be missing something.

The sorcerers then quiver in a vision of 'The conqueror'. What could this manifestation be? a mirror of their own entropic enslaver or is it a vision of Christ so terrifyingly lighting up their nothingness? or

Half way though this and must say that so far it's like an Enid Blyton childrens book , a pseudo msytical travel adventure with an authenticity factor of zero.
I have his other book, bought both at once , I am thinking I have made a big mistake.
What is known about the author, has anything been turned up recently?

Stevie Argyll said:
Half way though this and must say that so far it's like an Enid Blyton childrens book , a pseudo msytical travel adventure with an authenticity factor of zero.

I have his other book, bought both at once , I am thinking I have made a big mistake.

It's fiction, Stevie. Fiction often contains the deepest of truths.

anart said:
Stevie Argyll said:

But not this one Anart ;)
Seems like a hotch potch of pseudo occultism and Blavatsky Theosphy prevalent in Germany in 1920s

unless the second half has some deep insights, I suppose I should wait till the end !

Stevie Argyll said:
anart said:
Stevie Argyll said:

But not this one Anart ;)
Seems like a hotch potch of pseudo occultism and Blavatsky Theosphy prevalent in Germany in 1920s

unless the second half has some deep insights, I suppose I should wait till the end !

You have to look deeper than just the words, Stevie.

Back
Top Bottom