Thinking of having LASIK?

Rich

The Living Force
Pleased to report that the pack from Mercola arrived today. It's a little book and a bunch of CD's. I'm wondering just on the off-chance weather anyone here has been through their process and really I'm curious to know how long it takes before I have beautiful crystal-clear vision (I couldn't see any specifics on that)? I don't know but can't wait for the day I can throw my glasses away. :)

flashgordonv

Jedi Council Member
FOTCM Member
My wife had LASIK in Australia back in 1994 and has had no issues at all, her vision is still great.

I ended up wearing glasses for many years predominantly so I could read projection screens at sales meetings from the back of the room. Interesting thing happened when we retired and moved to our lifestyle property where we had fantastic long distance views over rolling hills to the ocean. After 2 years of looking at this view every day, my optometrist told me that my long distance vision was 20/20 and and I no longer needed glasses. And I now only use glasses for reading.

Rich

The Living Force
(After 2 years of looking at this view every day, my optometrist told me that my long distance vision was 20/20 and and I no longer needed glasses. And I now only use glasses for reading.)
That's great flashgordonv. Using the Mercola system is taking a long time but I kind of expected that. I'm enjoying going to the poundland shop and slowly buying a slightly lower grade pair of glasses each time. The latest pair I got were grade 2. Have to say I'm not entirely sure what their grading system means, I just know a lower number is better indication of ones eyesight. For me that means a yellow sticker is better than a red sticker. I don't mind paying 2 GBP each time to gradually get to the magical number of 0. I'm quite looking forward to that because at the moment I feel like I'm swimming in used pairs of poundland reading glasses. :)

Arwenn

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Hi Rich, you might also want to check out Janet Goodrich (she authored a book called Natural Vision Improvement) & Dr. Jacob Lieberman who wrote Take off your Glasses and See, and Light-Medicine from the Future. I have read the first two books and they have plenty of exercises to help the eyes focus and function better. Then there are herbs such as Eyebright & Bilberry that can help too. While most of the exercises are to help with myopia or hyoeropia, I can’t recall if they addressed presbyopia (the need for near specs from the age of about 40-/+ or thereabouts), but worth checking out nonetheless.

Ant22

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
My wife had LASIK in Australia back in 1994 and has had no issues at all, her vision is still great.

I ended up wearing glasses for many years predominantly so I could read projection screens at sales meetings from the back of the room. Interesting thing happened when we retired and moved to our lifestyle property where we had fantastic long distance views over rolling hills to the ocean. After 2 years of looking at this view every day, my optometrist told me that my long distance vision was 20/20 and and I no longer needed glasses. And I now only use glasses for reading.

Congrats on such great results! Your testimonial reminds me of a book I read some years ago, titled The Secret of Perfect Vision: How You Can Prevent and Reverse Nearsightedness. The author describes nearsightedness as an environmental adaptation: we spend so much time looking at our computers or near environment that the eye muscles responsible for far vision don't have much of a chance to develop properly. The author then describes a series of simple exercises that help practice the muscles.

The fact that my short sightedness bothered me very little is a bit of an evidence that I probably wasn't looking towards a distance too much. In the end, it was iodine that improved my eyesight and others in the iodine thread reported similar benefits of supplementing it. NeurOptimal helped too so although my distance vision isn't 100% perfect, it doesn't require correction with glasses.

Rich

The Living Force
Hi Rich, you might also want to check out Janet Goodrich (she authored a book called Natural Vision Improvement) & Dr. Jacob Lieberman who wrote Take off your Glasses and See, and Light-Medicine from the Future. I have read the first two books and they have plenty of exercises to help the eyes focus and function better. Then there are herbs such as Eyebright & Bilberry that can help too. While most of the exercises are to help with myopia or hyoeropia, I can’t recall if they addressed presbyopia (the need for near specs from the age of about 40-/+ or thereabouts), but worth checking out nonetheless.
Thanks Arwenn. Looks interesting and am sure it will complement the Mercola package. So something I might get.
Congrats on such great results! Your testimonial reminds me of a book I read some years ago, titled The Secret of Perfect Vision: How You Can Prevent and Reverse Nearsightedness. The author describes nearsightedness as an environmental adaptation: we spend so much time looking at our computers or near environment that the eye muscles responsible for far vision don't have much of a chance to develop properly. The author then describes a series of simple exercises that help practice the muscles.

The fact that my short sightedness bothered me very little is a bit of an evidence that I probably wasn't looking towards a distance too much. In the end, it was iodine that improved my eyesight and others in the iodine thread reported similar benefits of supplementing it. NeurOptimal helped too so although my distance vision isn't 100% perfect, it doesn't require correction with glasses.
Thanks Ant22. Some useful tips there and another book I'll have to make some choices on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom