This forum helped inspire my first novel

I'm about half way through...great read so far! Thank you for using your knowledge and talent to give us seekers some entertainment and hope!

Phillytosandiego said:
I'm about half way through...great read so far! Thank you for using your knowledge and talent to give us seekers some entertainment and hope!

Thank you Philly to San Diego! Any good story should instill some hope to the human psyche, or at least some pleasure.

I must confess that some of the events from the book were little fantasies of mine. I'm sure you can probably guess which ones! :cool:

BTW, an artist has made some excellent illustrations for the book. They might interest you.
http://anxietypub.com/category/balderdash

100c said:
Bluefyre said:
... I found great satisfaction with the resolution near the end and hope you're already working on the next installment because I am eager to find out what happens next!

Your comments made my day, Bluefyre! :D

Book II is complete, just not yet in final form. It still needs a cover and some touch up editing. I hope to have it available by the fall. I'm also trying to finish book III, the final one in the Silent Subversion series.

Redrock12 and Latulipenoire, I hope you enjoy the ride.

Well, I finished reading the first part and I hope the next books come soon, as I really enjoyed reading through this first volume. I'm mean, it's great to read fiction being done like this, highlighting our conditions and our reality, as Voyageur wrote, not from some overtly materialistic or simplistic perspective, as is the norm. Please tell us when you release the second one! Thank you for this great creative act.

100c thanks for the link to the illustrations and for your link to your escape from Mormonism. The term that came to mind is a recovering mormon. I grew up in fundie baptist BS and it took a long time to clean that out of my system. LOL. It's good to hear that parts II and III are "in the can" so to speak and I look forward to the release of II.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to give me some feedback!
An honest review on Amazon is always appreciated too...

BlueFyre - anyone who successfully reprograms themselves from religion has my deep respect. It was a hard road, but with an awesome destination :cool:

100c said:
Thanks everyone for taking the time to give me some feedback!
An honest review on Amazon is always appreciated too...

BlueFyre - anyone who successfully reprograms themselves from religion has my deep respect. It was a hard road, but with an awesome destination :cool:

Well, just posted a review on Amazon, it seems they are processing it (don't know how long it takes to be posted?). Just in case, I wrote the following:

"As I read through Hyrum's book, I was amazed to find in it themes that were, for the most part, not dealt with or even mentioned at all in other books I've read. Psychopathy, hyper-dimensional realities, the nature (and layers) of our consciousness, the manipulations and multi-level conspiracies present in our world, these are just some superficial examples. But what really kept the reading engrossed was the perspective and attitude of some of the main characters, as I could identify myself with their libertarian point of views and struggles to make a difference to all humanity. Overall, this is a great read - a very interesting and entertaining book. Hoping to read the other volumes soon! "

Cheers!

latulipenoire said:
Well, just posted a review on Amazon, it seems they are processing it (don't know how long it takes to be posted?). Just in case, I wrote the following:

"As I read through Hyrum's book, I was amazed to find in it themes that were, for the most part, not dealt with or even mentioned at all in other books I've read. Psychopathy, hyper-dimensional realities, the nature (and layers) of our consciousness, the manipulations and multi-level conspiracies present in our world, these are just some superficial examples. But what really kept the reading engrossed was the perspective and attitude of some of the main characters, as I could identify myself with their libertarian point of views and struggles to make a difference to all humanity. Overall, this is a great read - a very interesting and entertaining book. Hoping to read the other volumes soon! "

Cheers!

Cheers back! Thanks so much: :cool:
In the quote above, I kept your review....you perfectly described several of my objectives.
Your review is live on the Amazon beast.
BTW, I'm working on more sales alternatives. I hate participating in the crime of feeding the beast.

Just finished the book and found it a pleasurable read. I liked how you described each character in detail, bringing them together through their similarities in ideals and beliefs and enjoyed the development of some of the protagonists.

You also did a good job at highlighting the psychopathic nature of people in positions of power, even within the government, and how the system is inherently designed to work in their favour.

Looking forward to the second instalment of the series!

Hi!

Do you have a website where I can order a copy directly from you? A private digital e-payment from me with a download link sent to my email from you would work for me, and that way you'd get 100% of the proceeds.

Amazon is basically evil incarnate and I would prefer not to support them.

I look forward to reading your work!

Cheers!

100c, you mentioned Stephan Donaldson (and many others) linked as acknowledgements. What influences from Donaldson are most recalled? Just interested as I've read a couple of his series including the last to its conclusion, 'The Last Dark', which concluded 30 years of writing that story (since 1977).

Look forward to the continuation of 'Silent Subversion'.

Eboard10 said:
Just finished the book and found it a pleasurable read. I liked how you described each character in detail, bringing them together through their similarities in ideals and beliefs and enjoyed the development of some of the protagonists.

You also did a good job at highlighting the psychopathic nature of people in positions of power, even within the government, and how the system is inherently designed to work in their favour.

Looking forward to the second instalment of the series!

Thanks Eboard10!
I feel especially honored to have been your triple vector post! Not sure if that's a good sign or not, but I'll take it.

Woodsman said:
Hi!

Do you have a website where I can order a copy directly from you? A private digital e-payment from me with a download link sent to my email from you would work for me, and that way you'd get 100% of the proceeds.

Cheers!

Hey Woodsman!

A few weeks ago, I started working on making that option, but encountered some technical issues...
Since you specifically asked, what format would you like? PDF is easy, but it doesn't look very good on most smart phones/tablets. The EPUB format is one of the more common file types that works well with most ereaders/phones. If you're not sure, I'll do that first, after I figure out a way to make it.

100c said:
Woodsman said:
Hi!

Cheers!

Hey Woodsman!

A few weeks ago, I started working on making that option, but encountered some technical issues...
Since you specifically asked, what format would you like? PDF is easy, but it doesn't look very good on most smart phones/tablets. The EPUB format is one of the more common file types that works well with most ereaders/phones. If you're not sure, I'll do that first, after I figure out a way to make it.

I think the epub format is great. -I like how it is able to re-format itself to fit the screen of my standard little reader when I change font size and such. PDF files, I find, are less accommodating on small screens.

Thank-you!

voyageur said:
100c, you mentioned Stephan Donaldson (and many others) linked as acknowledgements. What influences from Donaldson are most recalled? Just interested as I've read a couple of his series including the last to its conclusion, 'The Last Dark', which concluded 30 years of writing that story (since 1977).

Look forward to the continuation of Silent Subversion.

Firstly, yes I used that word, I would just like to say that my first series will be concluded in < 30 years.

Now to the meat of your question. I was most impressed with The Gap Cycle series and how the story could capture my attention so strongly. Those experiences reading showed me how powerful of an influence a story can be. It's been a while, but I remember Angus Thermopyle and how horrible he was, but Stephen wrote from his perspective and I could actually root for him in some parts of the story. That's kind of how I experienced one of my characters and you can probably guess which one.

At a very young age, I remember hating the first book I read of his first series, The Thomas Covenant. I quit that one when the main character raped a young girl and he wrote as if it was OK, or that's what I remember at least. Who knows, maybe I would have liked the story, had I kept reading. I also liked the Mirror of her Dreams and the next book. As usual, I am afraid that if I read his books again I will not like them, as my tastes have changed over the years.

Back
Top Bottom