This night my cleaning robot turned on by itself

Lucky you are, it was only your Crobot. :cool2:

Slightly off topic, but the Indian drone and crobot was such a weird subplot for me. I still had trouble figuring out its thematic role or clue (given that Nolan is no slouch when it comes to editing and film-making). He had to have a reason for it. Well, he did, the sneaky guy, it was "gravitational anomalies" from the 4D communication causing them to be misguided. But I didn't figure it out on my own, I had to search for it.

Having little kids around means electronic toys. These randomly go off in the middle of the night, in the daytime too but the silence of the night intensifies the experience. :-O

A pink elephant that laughs like it’s possessed. I’d rather some vacuuming for sure!!

Did it clean the kitchen at least? I mean, it's the least it can do if it's going to freak you out so early in the morning! lol.

But in all seriousness, who knows, there's probably all sorts of possible explanations, from tech failure, to an app.. maybe someone nearby purchased one similar and they were pairing it to their phone or remote at the time and the frequencies got jumbled. I mean, even poltergeist activity, electrical phenomena, was it plugged in at the time? maybe while it was charging a power surge could've tripped some of the circuitry.

I recently had something weird happen with an electrical breaker, so maybe there is something in the air.

Or perhaps it's a message to you directly, maybe there's something you "need to clean/tidy up" about yourself or your environment.

It's quite scary, I think. Imagine if all these robots started working whenever they wanted, all at the same time? In homes, in stores, in warehouses... It could make a Stephen King story. And not just vacuum cleaners. But our computers, electric cars, electric buses, our cell phones, elevators, airplanes... Because we are surrounded by robots, it's a fact. :-/

It's quite scary, I think. Imagine if all these robots started working whenever they wanted, all at the same time? In homes, in stores, in warehouses... It could make a Stephen King story. And not just vacuum cleaners. But our computers, electric cars, electric buses, our cell phones, elevators, airplanes... Because we are surrounded by robots, it's a fact. :-/
Wow, actually it’s been done in 2017!
Season 11, episode 7, of....the X-Files, not Stephen King.
The episode is “Rm9sbG93ZXJz”.
Check this out, from Wikipedia:
“Fox Mulder and Dana Scully visit a fully automated sushi restaurant, Forowā (cod-Japanese for “Follower”), but are preoccupied with their smartphones. Mulder receives a blobfish instead of the sushi he ordered but finds there is no-one to complain to, as there are no human staff and all the chefs are robots. Mulder refuses to leave a tip, but finds his credit card has become stuck in the payment slot. Mulder tries to use force to remove his card, but instead causes the restaurant to start shutting down. Scully manages to open the door with a chopstick but Mulder is forced to leave his card behind.

Mulder and Scully return home separately, Scully taking an automated taxicab that begins speeding alarmingly. Both agents are bombarded with automated notifications from services they have used. Scully tries to call Mulder but cannot get a connection and is billed $250 when her home security system rejects her password. She unexpectedly receives a drone-delivered robotic vacuum cleaner but finds it too frustrating to use. Scully’s automated appliances begin to malfunction, gas begins to flow out of her fireplace, and the lights go out.”...

There was a time when I was going through a period of bad anxiety, that our TV would turn on by itself. It happened about three times, when I was alone. It freaked me out because the first time it was tuned to some show about aliens or ufos. Then it stopped and hasn't happened since.

A possible explanation was maybe a neighbor's garage door opener or electronics was on the same frequently or something, :huh:
That always reminds me of Poltergeist the movie.

Did it clean the kitchen at least? I mean, it's the least it can do if it's going to freak you out so early in the morning! lol.

But in all seriousness, who knows, there's probably all sorts of possible explanations, from tech failure, to an app.. maybe someone nearby purchased one similar and they were pairing it to their phone or remote at the time and the frequencies got jumbled. I mean, even poltergeist activity, electrical phenomena, was it plugged in at the time? maybe while it was charging a power surge could've tripped some of the circuitry.

I recently had something weird happen with an electrical breaker, so maybe there is something in the air.

Or perhaps it's a message to you directly, maybe there's something you "need to clean/tidy up" about yourself or your environment.
Fortunately it did not freak me out so much because what waked me up, was the noise of the wheels on the tiles (some tiles are not perfectly horizontally aligned). So the noise was slight and so I first thought if was some random noise from an adjacent flat. So it was before it had a chance to bumped into the door of the kitchen which would have really frighten me!

It's not someone else pairing because the remote work with infrared signal.

Perhaps some poltergeist activity yeah, or the robot have acquired some consciousness and he decided he have some cleaning to do ;-)

The self message is a good conclusion anyway. 👍

Perhaps some poltergeist activity yeah, or the robot have acquired some consciousness and he decided he have some cleaning to do ;-)
This is a good one. You should send me this robot to me, he will freak out! And he will be happy to work. Robots, after all, are good workers.

Back
Top Bottom