Three density

For all able to C

Five times around
The golden hive
Get out of here alive...8|

The symbolism for the bee is extensive.
Animal Speak by Ted Andrews said:
Bee: Fertility and the Honey of Life
Bees have been mythical symbols throughout the world. In Hinduism, depending on how depicted, the bee could relate to Vishnu, Krishna, or even Kama, the god of love. In Egypt it denoted royalty. In Greece, it was used in the symbology of the Eleusinian Mysteries, and the Celts associated it with hidden wisdom. Probably the most significant and consistent symbolism is that of sexuality and fertility, due primarily to its stinger and its part in pollination.
Bees are also long-time symbols for accomplishing the impossible. For many years, scientists were unable to determine how bees move their wings at such a high rate of speed that it makes flight possible. Still, it remains to many as a symbol to accomplishing quests that appear impossible.
All bees are essentially honey bees. They gather and pollinate. Bees are often considered the busiest and most useful of insects. Without them no flowers and many fruits would never blossom.
And from the Dictionary of Symbolism:
Bee
A remarkably rich symbol, less so in iconography than as an exemplar of ethical virtues, especially for writers of homilies. Among qualities attributed to the bee are diligence, organization, sociability, purtiy, chastity, claeanliness, spiritualilty, wisdom, and courage...
The bee symbolized royalty or the monarchial system in the ancient Middle East, in Greece, and in Egypt where, by tradition, it was born from the tears of the solar god, Ra...
The bee is an attribute of many gods including the universal great mother, the classical goddesses Cybele and Artemis (Diana), and the Greek fertility goddess, Demeter, whose priestesses at Eleusis were called "bees." Essene priests were also known as "bees," and Christianity continued this tradition by describing the monastic community, and the Church itself, as a beehive. The bee's honey and its sting represented the sweetness and pain of Christ. To Bernard Clairvaux the bee was the Holy Spirit. In Greek, Aryan, Middle Eastern and Islamic tradition, the bee was said to represent the soul.
So the bee has quite a rich history of symbolism. According to Van Buren in Refuge of the Apocalypse:
It is the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, the fruit of which can be so dangerous if misused that represents the two aspects of the Goddess, the positive and negative, which were symbolized by the ancient peoples as a bee and a spider.
What is the nature of this realm of the Spider goddess which is so dangerous? There is a legend told of four rabbis who entered the world of spirit. Only one of them came back safely to tell how he had stood before his Creator, trembling and fearful. Of the other three, one died, another went mad, and the third became an unbeliever.
The bee produces honey, and honey is the symbol of spirit. Only that which is pure can withstand the fire, the baptism of spirit. Any flaws, become magnified and are burned away. But Wisdom is one, as is the Stone which gives life or death.

Back
Top Bottom