To grow a soul, one must study events of the past

Thanks Persej. I guess you are right about us not knowing much about Ani.

Now for the good news: after some more searching I've finally found the Ani earthquake in the database, but with a date of 1320. I just didn't go far enough down the list, apparently. :-[

Ani. In 1320 an earthquake in the district of Ararat totally destroyed the city of Ani. Damage extended to the countryside and the shock was felt in the districts of Siunikh, Gegharquni and Shirak. The earthquake ruined tens of thousands of houses and hundreds of churches in the city, but there is no evidence that destruction extended beyond the immediate surroundings of Ani. The earthquake did, however, hasten the decline of the city.

This quote is from: N.N. Ambraseys & C.P. Melville, A history of Persian Earthquakes; and shijing did the reporting.

Palinurus said:
Now for the good news: after some more searching I've finally found the Ani earthquake in the database, but with a date of 1320. I just didn't go far enough down the list, apparently. :-[

Bravo Palinurus, you found it! ;D

Turkey has some amazing underground cities.
There are some pictures here: _http://piramidasunca.ba/bs/iz-mog-ugla/item/9588-misteriozni-podzemni-gradovi-kapadokije-1.html

Derenkuyu looks like an ant colony! :)

b53b8b67b1ceea499fef13ce8c99c711.jpg

Back
Top Bottom