To smoke or quit....

I'm not sure what to tell you, but I can tell you this: I smoke roughly half as many rollies as you do, and I can run 4km no problem (having not run at all for 15 years). And I'm 41.

So, maybe smoking is bad for you, and/or there are very likely other factors involved.
Thanks Scottie, did you need to train to get to 4km? It's not something you could just do out of the box could you?

I was going to maybe suggest and ask if anyone else has been using these.

I have been for a year, seems to be OK so far. None of the tar or other by-products of burning.

I'm curious if there's any info out there about these as well.

I've even seen M.Ds. writing articles in local MSM that if you can't beat "peoples' addiction, at least suggest these alternatives" since the problem with smoking stems from the by-products of the burning.

Mind you, this makes it a straight nicotine delivery system without the potential lung reaction of added mucus, that may be beneficial?
Hi,
I have been using IQOS and menthol Heets since Nov. 2017. After the first week the extra mucus started to vanish. I can go without smoking for hours if I cannot smoke due to various reasons but I do not feel the craving anymore. Also, I cannot stand cigarette taste and smell anymore. They really stink! I tried all flavors but I like best the menthol.
The best experience, without any side effects was when I used one device only and I smoked every 3 minutes or so. When I chainsmoked I got throat irritations and dry caugh, similar to overvaping.

Next, I want to stop the Heets and see what happens. 😜

Ina

I tried stopping today and made it to 1:30 then crashed and burned. I just really like it. I'll just cut down and exercise.

The heets tobacco I dont think is organic and contains glycerine, water, guar gum, cellulose fibres, propylene glycol, and flavours. Not sure how good that is or if its ok... but as a rolly guy I dont know i I could go back to packed ciggies as they taste disgusting once you get used to rolling your own.

If you feel you should quit, you probably should. You might want to try nebulizing some Quinton isotonic water for awhile to clear things out, and NAC also thins the mucus and helps the lungs clear.

Yeah, it sounds like trying to go for a couple of hours without a smoke would be a great start. Be proud of yourself for controlling your impulse and rewarding yourself with a smoke, you might even feel lightheaded for a moment, when you do light up. That would be a great start.

Smoking(nicotine) actually increases your lung capacity by up to 20%, so says the Olympic Doping Committee. It's considered a banned substance, nicotine.

After my stroke, I took to riding a bicycle for rehab. At first I could only ride around the block. After 6 months I could easily ride for miles.

Enjoy the ride!

I haven't had a cigarette in hours and just realized I should. I think that's how you know whether to smoke or not.

I tried stopping today and made it to 1:30 then crashed and burned. I just really like it. I'll just cut down and exercise.

The heets tobacco I dont think is organic and contains glycerine, water, guar gum, cellulose fibres, propylene glycol, and flavours. Not sure how good that is or if its ok... but as a rolly guy I dont know i I could go back to packed ciggies as they taste disgusting once you get used to rolling your own.

Yea I would recommend reducing instead of cutting it out fully. Sometimes I just try to limit myself in the day and go a certain amount of time without smoking (1 hour, 2 hours). Then when you do smoke one, it's way nicer as well.
Going cold turkey I start to feel really weird, emotional, almost itchy sometimes. Though the sense of smell returning is quite remarkable.

Yea I would recommend reducing instead of cutting it out fully. Sometimes I just try to limit myself in the day and go a certain amount of time without smoking (1 hour, 2 hours). Then when you do smoke one, it's way nicer as well.
Going cold turkey I start to feel really weird, emotional, almost itchy sometimes. Though the sense of smell returning is quite remarkable.

cutting down first is the new plan and im doing this by not taking cigarettes with me outside which during the day is halving what i smoke and yeah, much more enjoyable cause of it.

Back
Top Bottom