Trauma, Addiction, Karma and Resilience

Alejo

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Hey guys,

i was thinking about one of the last sessions and a few thoughts came to my mind when reading Gabor Mate's In The Realm of Hungry Ghosts, the session transcript is the following:
A: It cannot be set in stone; remember that about half of all babies never house individualized souls. In some cases it can be very early, and others, as late as early adulthood.

Q: (Pierre) Wow.

(Galatea) So I guess they're waiting around the body's frequency to change.

(L) So, is that true? A soul can be hanging around, and there's, say for example, a body that's close to the frequency they need, but not quite, and they have to wait until something happens or changes?

A: Yes

Q: (L) What can change frequency?

(Perceval) Experience.

(Pierre) Knowledge.

(L) Yeah, puberty, thought, experience.

Q: (L) Perspectives change via experience I think.

Q: (Galatea) Awareness of something?

(L) All kinds of things can change frequency.

(Galatea) Does that mean it's possible for something else to take over the body in the meantime?

Q: (Galatea) Does it get kicked out when the soul comes?

The thought that awareness does not imply a soul was incredible to say the least, but anyhow, my thinking went something like this:

so the question goes, do some of the experiences mentioned that the body must go through in order for the soul to find a suitable vehicle to step in, so to speak, include traumatic events? such that would engender addiction in the terms described by Gabor Mate in his book?

If so, how does this relate to the resilience mentioned by Marta Stout in the Myth of Sanity? when she talks about only some of her patients being able to overcome trauma, is this resilience indicative of a soul working through karma successfully? and conversely, the individuals that trauma trough addiction destroys, would it be safe to assume that these individuals are organic portals?

i was thinking that trauma is so widespread that there's plenty of experiences taking place constantly for the soul to choose from, so to say, but then i was also thinking that not everyone comes out alive of these experiences, if the soul is an element that plays a factor , then it sheds new light on trauma, making it somewhat of a trigger positioned on a timer of sorts for a future disintegration (in the terms of Dabrowski) to occur, something a souled body could use for further growth, maybe even as a part of a plan, like a school curriculum.

what do you guys think?

Alejo

Haven't read the books you mentioned yet (by Martha Stout and Gabor Mate) but as I'm struggling now to understand some of the concepts of Dabrowski's theory, thought I'd take a shot. When you said trauma could be a sort of trigger for future disintegration, I guess that depends if the individual in question becomes a well developed personality in the end or don't. That is to say that no matter how hard you try, you will always be judged by the outcomes and consequences of your actions. As Dabrowski's writes:

Personality is a synthesis of the most essential human values embodied in an individual
Chapter 1, position 638 of Personality Shaping's Kindle Ed.

Trauma could just aggravate inherent traits and lead to self-deception, instead of self-education and sharing.

Hi Alejo, I would like to give some thoughts on what you raise: :)

Alejo said:
so the question goes, do some of the experiences mentioned that the body must go through in order for the soul to find a suitable vehicle to step in, so to speak, include traumatic events?
I would say yes, one can see what the world is, I dare to say that all human beings have a lot of traumas, especially during childhood, also there is another point to consider, the soul would choose that body with genetic necessary, I believe that the soul chooses a physical body, involved more aspects, not just the trauma, another might be the karma, perhaps the soul have a karmic weight with certain people, and chooses to incarnate in a body that no necessarily the vehicle needed to overcome traumas, but it was necessary to live with certain people, and balance the karma
Alejo said:
such that would engender addiction in the terms described by Gabor Mate in his book?
I have not read this book you mentioned, but I think we can have a strong relationship, many addictions, can be a way of trying to avoid reality, the mind can not understand a lot because in this world, and seek shelter, a addiction, I think there are people who simply could not go ahead without an addiction of some kind.
Alejo said:
If so, how does this relate to the resilience mentioned by Marta Stout in the Myth of Sanity? when she talks about only some of her patients being able to overcome trauma, is this resilience indicative of a soul working through karma successfully?
I'm not so sure with the trauma-karma relationship, trauma may only be necessary for the soul, as a way of learning, with no relationship to karma, but do not rule out the possibility that in some cases the two are connected, as a saying goes, "kill two birds with one stone."
Alejo said:
and conversely, the individuals that trauma trough addiction destroys, would it be safe to assume that these individuals are organic portals?
I would say no, I think there are souls who need several incarnation to overcome many traumas, then labeled as OP, someone who has not overcome a trauma, it is not the best way to see the situation. ;)

I would say no, I think there are souls who need several incarnation to overcome many traumas, then labeled as OP, someone who has not overcome a trauma, it is not the best way to see the situation. ;)

Actually the more I thought about it through the the day the more I agree with you, they're not mutually exclusive, thanks a lot for your reply! :)

Alejo said:

Actually the more I thought about it through the the day the more I agree with you, they're not mutually exclusive, thanks a lot for your reply! :)

And the question arises,OP is able to overcome the trauma? or somehow part of your life and learn to live with them without causing problems? or simply there is no a soul that makes them see that they have a problem and have to find a solution? :/

Back
Top Bottom