Twitter Censoring Conservative Accounts?

When I type "laurel700" in the search box I can then click on "go to @laurel700" and end up on Laura's account.

If I type "laurel700" and then the enter key I get one highlight and one recent post where "@laurel700" is mentioned.

If I type "@laurel700" and then the enter key I get no result.

My guess is it's just the strange way Twitter is set up.

There is still the possibility that something is hidden for some and not for others.

If I do the bolded part above, I get to Laura. I wouldn't have thought about that though, and it took me a while to understand what you mean. It definitively wasn't like that before. As mentioned before, Laura used to show up right in the search box as soon as I click on it with profile picture and account (which is normal in that way I guess, since I look her post up frequently). But now her account doesn't even show up anymore (with profile picture and account) when if I type her exact twitter handle in the search bar. Now it only works with the detour via the "go to @Laurel700" trick.

Now when I type "laurel700" in the search box and then the enter key I see Laura's account listed. It just changed...

When that sort of thing happens I suggest to try to type an account name listed in the suggestion list. The result should indicate if this is a general issue or some sort of shadow banning.

What browser are you using? I use the Yandex Browser.

I tried to search @Laurel700, @Laurel70̷0̷ and just Laurel70̷0̷ in ‘People’

Nothing.

View attachment 89353

Exactly the same here (german):

Unbenannt.jpg

I just found out that if you click "search settings" above and deactivate the first thing that says:

"Hide sensitive content
This prevents posts with potentially sensitive content from appearing in your search results. Learn more"

I can now see Laura normally again, including in the search function! So it appears that X has activated that "Hide sensitive content" thing on my account and that this was the reason for it. But one thing is for sure, I haven't activated it myself! So I guess quite a lot of people have had that thing activated now, without them knowing it, and thus they are now unable to search, see or find "sensitive content"! That is, unless they find out what to do, which is quite difficult, especially if you are not aware that some stuff isn't showing up on X.

Maybe twitter did it in a recent update and it was then changed automatically in the accounts of people?

Last edited:
Exactly the same here (german):

View attachment 89355

I just found out that if you click "search settings" above and deactivate the first thing that says:

I can now see Laura normally again, including in the search function! So it appears that X has activated that "Hide sensitive content" thing on my account and that this was the reason for it. But one thing is for sure, I haven't activated it myself! So I guess quite a lot of people have had that thing activated now, without them knowing it, and thus they are now unable to search, see or find "sensitive content"! That is, unless they find out what to do, which is quite difficult, especially if you are not aware that some stuff isn't showing up on X.

Maybe twitter did it in a recent update and it was then changed automatically in the accounts of people?

Same here. Changed it and it shows Laura now.

So I guess, given the facts, we can assume that someone at twitter and/or an algorithm there decided to put Lauras account into the „sensitive content“ category. I guess this has happened to many people, especially those who constantly contradict the mainstream narrative and post the truth.

How many people out there know that their account has now the „hide sensitive content“ button activated? I guess very few. Conversely, we have to assume then that all those people can’t see, search or find any „sensitive content“ anymore, without them even knowing about it!

True, with quite some detours, they can see, search and find all that stuff again, but who does that?

Last edited:
Yup, don't even have to type her in, she was there front and center when I clicked on the search icon.
It's a common software practice to release a feature only to a very specific population for testing purposes before worldwide deployment.
Maybe the 'hide sensitive content' feature was activated only for Europeans?

EDIT: The method is called A/B testing.
1704829032196.png
Today, A/B tests are being used also for conducting complex experiments on subjects such as network effects when users are offline, how online services affect user actions, and how users influence one another. A/B testing is used by data engineers, marketers, designers, software engineers, and entrepreneurs, among others. Many positions rely on the data from A/B tests, as they allow companies to understand growth, increase revenue, and optimize customer satisfaction.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom