UltraMind Solution Quizzes

Laura said:
LQB said:
I will start with the main ones and add as necessary. She does find it bothersome to take so many supps, particularly since she is off all prescription meds including high blood pressure meds that she was on for many years (ascorbates and enzymes helped tremendously here). I also think that detox is crucial and the diet will remain with no return to gluten, etc.

Thanks again.

I want to add that the beneficial effects of the infrared sauna blanket not only relieve pain, but seem to really aid sleeping well at night which is absolutely essential for healing. I just can't tell you how relieving that infrared heat is, especially for leg circulation.

Yes, she does about 2 sauna blanket sessions a week with a good layer of magnesium gel applied to the legs. She's up to 53 deg C and gets a good sweat going. It has certainly been helping. A few months ago she did a sonogram which showed the blockage in her legs but also significant blockage in the carotid artery in the neck (never before tested). She was promptly declared a high risk for stroke and pressured to schedule surgery for a stent (their office has called several times like phone solicitors). Unfortunately, this surgeon could be a spokesman for the FDA! Apparently the ascorbates and enzymes have not done much for the carotid blockage. She remains gluten-free but has fallen back to a little cream on morning fruit. We are continuing with the Mg (malate) in hopes of slowly displacing calcium buildup.

LQB said:
Yes, she does about 2 sauna blanket sessions a week with a good layer of magnesium gel applied to the legs. She's up to 53 deg C and gets a good sweat going. It has certainly been helping. A few months ago she did a sonogram which showed the blockage in her legs but also significant blockage in the carotid artery in the neck (never before tested). She was promptly declared a high risk for stroke and pressured to schedule surgery for a stent (their office has called several times like phone solicitors). Unfortunately, this surgeon could be a spokesman for the FDA! Apparently the ascorbates and enzymes have not done much for the carotid blockage. She remains gluten-free but has fallen back to a little cream on morning fruit. We are continuing with the Mg (malate) in hopes of slowly displacing calcium buildup.

I would VERY strongly discourage ANY cream on anything. Dairy products are the very things that put arteries in that condition. I would like to shout that...

And do the saunas at lower heat for longer every day. Like 37 degrees for an hour a day. And do it without the magnesium that might make it less pleasant. No point in putting magnesium on that is supposed to be absorbed while she is working on getting stuff out!!! Magnesium should be put on when she is cool and can absorb it.

What I've done to clean out blood vessels is apply DMSO cream topically and take it internally. But if I was in a very delicate state, just topical application would be my choice.

Laura said:
LQB said:

I would VERY strongly discourage ANY cream on anything. Dairy products are the very things that put arteries in that condition. I would like to shout that...

And do the saunas at lower heat for longer every day. Like 37 degrees for an hour a day. And do it without the magnesium that might make it less pleasant. No point in putting magnesium on that is supposed to be absorbed while she is working on getting stuff out!!! Magnesium should be put on when she is cool and can absorb it.

What I've done to clean out blood vessels is apply DMSO cream topically and take it internally. But if I was in a very delicate state, just topical application would be my choice.

Thanks Laura - We'll mod the blanket routine as you suggest and do the Mg after. I passed along your words so we will see what she decides on the dairy - she needs to make the decision (with plenty of support from me). Over the last couple of months she has been doing a teaspoon of DMSO in the evenings before bed - not every day, but at least several per week (same for me but less so).

She has done well to stay off gluten battling (what looks to me like) addiction to breads (and dairy). Dairy really must end for her.

I will certainly start adding the things mentioned. I do Have a question on the Vitamin B part. I do have Vitamin B6 - 60mg, and I was taking that on top of of multiple vitamin but stopped a couple of days ago. Should I start that again? The other curious thing I did notice a couple of weeks ago was when I took a Valerian root pill. It really had an amazing calming effect on me through out the day. I've noticed that Valerian root has similar property's and effects on people as GABA does. Would that be beneficial to take at the current time or would it be wise to wait a couple of weeks to start/try that again? Thanks very much for all the advice given I very truly appreciate it. :D

LQB said:
Thanks Laura - We'll mod the blanket routine as you suggest and do the Mg after. I passed along your words so we will see what she decides on the dairy - she needs to make the decision (with plenty of support from me).

You can share with her my experiences. Just a teaspoon of any dairy, milk, cream, whatever, and I'm in bed for three days. At this point, at my age, it's like the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Let me also suggest that she forego fruit in the morning unless it is preceded by a good protein breakfast, like meat and buckwheat. If she tolerates pork, a nice slice of fried ham with some blinis and a cup of tea sweetened with xylitol. Or bacon. Or a nice burger or small steak. If she is still hungry, a bit of fruit sprinkled with xylitol.

For lunch, meat again with some soft cooked vegetables of her choice. For the time being, have ghee on the veggies, not butter.

You can also get whipped rice milk in a can at some health food stores that makes a nice topping for a dish of fruit.

For dinner, just a soup or veggies with a couple blinis.

Have a look at this article:
http://www.sott.net/articles/show/213121-7-Reasons-to-Eat-More-Saturated-Fat

LQB said:
Over the last couple of months she has been doing a teaspoon of DMSO in the evenings before bed - not every day, but at least several per week (same for me but less so).

Let me suggest that she take this in the mornings on an empty stomach with a full glass of water. And only once a week.

LQB said:
She has done well to stay off gluten battling (what looks to me like) addiction to breads (and dairy). Dairy really must end for her.

People who visit us see how easy it is to have a wonderful diet without gluten and dairy. We eat pretty much the same thing every morning: meat and blinis and maybe a bit of fruit after.

If you mother was eating plenty of meat and fats, it would be a lot easier to get over the other cravings. We have fried chicken dipped in thickened blini batter with plenty of salt and pepper added and deep fried. Just cut chicken breasts or turkey breast into strips, dip and fry. They are better than any chicken nuggets. You can do the same with scallops, fish, shrimp, whatever you like.

Or, have the meat grilled or baked or whatever you like. The important thing is to get enough of the right fats in the diet. Two or three kinds of veggies at two meals a day.

We soak quinoa overnight then cook it and keep it in the fridge. You can take out a spoonful and fry it in ghee to add a side dish to meat and veggies. Or, you can make a wonderful taboule with onions, fresh mint, cucumbers, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.

Remember the rule: eat like a king in the morning, like a prince at noon, like a pauper in the evening.

shadowsaround said:
I will certainly start adding the things mentioned. I do Have a question on the Vitamin B part. I do have Vitamin B6 - 60mg, and I was taking that on top of of multiple vitamin but stopped a couple of days ago. Should I start that again?

Yeah, the B content in the multivitamin is low, unless you take it three times per day.

The other curious thing I did notice a couple of weeks ago was when I took a Valerian root pill. It really had an amazing calming effect on me through out the day. I've noticed that Valerian root has similar property's and effects on people as GABA does. Would that be beneficial to take at the current time or would it be wise to wait a couple of weeks to start/try that again? Thanks very much for all the advice given I very truly appreciate it. :D

People that are fond of herbs prefer Valerian root for GABA issues, and St. John's Wort for serotonin issues. I've seen enough intolerances to herbs as to prefer the actual extract in supplements, but it works for some people. You can continue with your Valerian root if you find that it works for you :)

Laura said:
LQB said:
Thanks Laura - We'll mod the blanket routine as you suggest and do the Mg after. I passed along your words so we will see what she decides on the dairy - she needs to make the decision (with plenty of support from me).

You can share with her my experiences. Just a teaspoon of any dairy, milk, cream, whatever, and I'm in bed for three days. At this point, at my age, it's like the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Let me also suggest that she forego fruit in the morning unless it is preceded by a good protein breakfast, like meat and buckwheat. If she tolerates pork, a nice slice of fried ham with some blinis and a cup of tea sweetened with xylitol. Or bacon. Or a nice burger or small steak. If she is still hungry, a bit of fruit sprinkled with xylitol.

For lunch, meat again with some soft cooked vegetables of her choice. For the time being, have ghee on the veggies, not butter.

You can also get whipped rice milk in a can at some health food stores that makes a nice topping for a dish of fruit.

For dinner, just a soup or veggies with a couple blinis.

Have a look at this article:
http://www.sott.net/articles/show/213121-7-Reasons-to-Eat-More-Saturated-Fat

LQB said:
Over the last couple of months she has been doing a teaspoon of DMSO in the evenings before bed - not every day, but at least several per week (same for me but less so).

Let me suggest that she take this in the mornings on an empty stomach with a full glass of water. And only once a week.

LQB said:

People who visit us see how easy it is to have a wonderful diet without gluten and dairy. We eat pretty much the same thing every morning: meat and blinis and maybe a bit of fruit after.

If you mother was eating plenty of meat and fats, it would be a lot easier to get over the other cravings. We have fried chicken dipped in thickened blini batter with plenty of salt and pepper added and deep fried. Just cut chicken breasts or turkey breast into strips, dip and fry. They are better than any chicken nuggets. You can do the same with scallops, fish, shrimp, whatever you like.

Or, have the meat grilled or baked or whatever you like. The important thing is to get enough of the right fats in the diet. Two or three kinds of veggies at two meals a day.

We soak quinoa overnight then cook it and keep it in the fridge. You can take out a spoonful and fry it in ghee to add a side dish to meat and veggies. Or, you can make a wonderful taboule with onions, fresh mint, cucumbers, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.

Remember the rule: eat like a king in the morning, like a prince at noon, like a pauper in the evening.

I gave her your words and it has made a big difference. I can only go so far by myself (although I have given her much to read). I think she has decided to give up the dairy and restrict butter to ghee (that I've made massive amounts of). She's willing to cut the fruits back in favor of more meats/fats early in the day (we usually have plenty of those in the eve). So we'll have more of that available early in the day (I prefer a big meal early and have done that for years but the Farm crowd here are used to bigger meals later).

I've tried the blinis twice now per the Dot Connector recipe, and I think I need help here. The first blini came apart in the pan and turned into a mushy mess with the bacon fat. I added another 1 1/2 cups of buckwheat and they improved enough for me to finish the first batch. Very tasty and everyone liked them but they came out very delicate (not like the pic). Plus they tend to stick to the pan, and getting them turned without damage is major work (I used a ceramic coated iron skillet). All in all it takes me a couple of hours to get through this. Any suggestions are much appreciated because she really does like these. The date bread and the alternate buckwheat loaf recipe have served well to replace the gluten, and good blinis will help.

And she like the idea of deep frying meats in the blini batter.

We've already agreed to mod the DMSO schedule as you suggest.

And we're going to work the easy fix-it part with quinoa, veggies, meats at the ready.

She is also willing to do the Ultra diet for 2 weeks so she can test foods for herself - which I think is great. I'll do it along with her but first I think we will get settled with the above changes so she'll have a good idea of the basic routine.

Thanks so Much Laura

Addition: I meant to mention that I have seen her blood under the scope and the cells are terribly clumped and stacked. My own feeling is that this is due to years of gluten and dairy - she never consumed large quantities but she did generally have both daily. I think this has led slowly to the circulation probs she has now - and I don't think any amount of enzymes is going to fix this.

I did the test today, here are the results:

Yet I have to read the book and then I'll do the exact diet and decide what supplements to adopt. I began to change my diet recently, eating only organic (fish, meat, vegetables, high quality oils, pseudocereals ), avoiding all gluten, milk-products, sugar, food additives, sweets and most other processed foods. I am drinking destilled water for a few years now.

I think it is no problem first to detoxify only with Far Infrared and the diet described above. Any doubts? For me it seems to be enough now. After a while of detoxifying I will try to only do the Ultra Simple Diet (what I eat currently comes very near to it). with adding the supplements.

I retook the Ultramind Quiz and its the same as the one I took last year. In trying to figure out my supplements for the first week of the elimination diet I came to the conclusion that I need to take per day -
750-800 mg of magnesium
2 of my omega 3 pills EPA 400/DHA 200
Vitamin C 500mg- might need to increase?
Same multivitamin
Same Vitamin D3
I need to increase to at least 300mg of 5-HTP a day
Gaba 500mg
L-Glutamine 1,000mg
After 2 weeks of 5-HTP take 200mg of Phophatidylcholine
Acetyl-L-carnitine 500mg
Oxbile
Milk Thistle- has at least 300mg of silymarin
enzymes?
1,000-1,200 IU of Vitamin E
alpha lipoic acid (200 - 400 mg/day)

Am I seeing this right that if i start these when I re-start the elimination diet then I should be on a good step forward to correcting most of the imbalances in my system? As soon as I get my RO water system (friday/monday) then I will re-start the elimination diet hardcore.

shadowsaround said:
Am I seeing this right that if i start these when I re-start the elimination diet then I should be on a good step forward to correcting most of the imbalances in my system? As soon as I get my RO water system (friday/monday) then I will re-start the elimination diet hardcore.

That looks like a pretty good detox protocol. I think it will help you a lot with your imbalances.

My results:

Fatty acids - 6
Dopamine - 5
Serotonin - 8
GABA - 5
Acetylcholine - 6
Methylation - 5
Vitamin D - 5
Magnesium - 11
Minerals - 9
Insulin - 16
Thyroid - 9
Sexual hormones - 10
Inflamation - 2
Gut - 7
Toxins - 9
Energy loss - 8
Oxidative Stress - 7
Adrenal Dysfunction - 9

This is a list of supplements I've gathered might help me based on previous replies: Vitamin D, B, and C, probiotics, magnesium, omega 3, 5HTP, L-Tyrosine, and GABA.

Any thoughts?

Hi Cantera,

The UltraMind quiz is a good start to get a handle on what areas of your health need work. But as you can see, the last entry on this thread was four years ago. The most up-to-date information is found on the ketogenic diet thread. You may find the Life without bread thread interesting, because of all the twists and turns as research was found and tried out, but the ketogenic thread will be your best bet. See you over there!

Back
Top Bottom