V for Vendetta

Michael B-C

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
There is also a short scene in the news about a civil war in the US..
I've also always held a concern about the throw away comment during the film regarding how the UK enacts a viral genocide on the population of Ireland - as if to make an example. I'm afraid, watch this space! Happy Nov 5th everyone, which by the way is an ancient British fire ritual that has as much to do with comet memory as it does with appropriating a 17thcentury catholic-political martyr. I once visited a certain village in Devon where until at least recently they let loose burning tar barrels down the narrow streets in memory of the unleashed flames from above... or as they say 'for some unknown reason lost in antiquity'... .

Ottery St Mary - Tar Barrels

Obi

Jedi Master
FOTCM Member
I've also always held a concern about the throw away comment during the film regarding how the UK enacts a viral genocide on the population of Ireland - as if to make an example. I'm afraid, watch this space! Happy Nov 5th everyone, which by the way is an ancient British fire ritual that has as much to do with comet memory as it does with appropriating a 17thcentury catholic-political martyr. I once visited a certain village in Devon where until at least recently they let loose burning tar barrels down the narrow streets in memory of the unleashed flames from above... or as they say 'for some unknown reason lost in antiquity'... .

Ottery St Mary - Tar Barrels
Interesting find. Notice the St.Mary name is used in the movie. This is the school where the virus broke out first and also in Three Waters plant. Three Waters is a reference to the Triple Goddess I believe. They used three wavey lines as one of her symbols and movie shows this as well. There is tons of these kind of small details and references in the film. I am not even sure Wachowski's were aware of that.

Kari Baba

Jedi
FOTCM Member
I saw the film years ago and found it fascinating even then. Most well-made films on this subject do that. You always triggered me.
So I looked at it again today and it's absolutely stunning how clear the parallels to the here and now are.

Quote V: "People should never be afraid of the government. The government should be afraid of the people".

100c

Padawan Learner
They played this movie at our local theater in Camas, WA. I took 2 of my kids and it was awesome to see on the big screen! Then I talked to a friend from work and was totally shocked to hear that she did not like the movie.
I wrote a movie review of it on my website:
because although I love the movie, it has a lot of propaganda and misdirection.

pinkfreud

The Force is Strong With This One
While we witness a genocide of feathered friends in the name of biosafety, and while solar cycles put wheat worship to rest, join me in a moment of appreciation for eggies-in-a-basket (and all that they represent.) Here’s to real butter! 🍳

Top Bottom