Vegans, vegetarians, sun gazers..

That's why I have stayed an outsider.
Don't want to follow and don't want to be followed...
I find this quote interesting. It’s this very reason I gave up the label of “vegan” and starting questioning why I was part of such a group.

Initially I had no clue how militant the rules were. I’m someone who questions everything, I’ve never fitted into any specific group. Group-think doesn’t allow for questions. I too have always been an outsider because there is something in me that rejects conforming just to belong.

My “in real life” friends who were vegan were like hippy free people. I didn’t know about the strict rules. I can’t stand following rules just because they exist and have no logic. For example vegans can’t eat honey. Apparently it’s stealing the labor of the bee. This is ridiculous for numerous reasons. Never mind the hypocrisy that many foods that vegans rely on use the forced labor of bees, hives are moved from one monoculture “farm” to the next until they die.

If you are implying that this forum also behaves like this, you’re wrong. At this forum there are reams of research and scientific studies available to back up their stances on specific issues, like diet.

They even allow for people to argue their cases. People are not banned just for saying something the forum doesn’t agree with. There is no dogmatic adherence to rules based solely on “feelings” and “vibes”.

I may understand why you’re on the defensive, you’re new here and one of your first experiences interacting with a forumite was to be called “retarded”.

Networking isn’t always about getting feedback you like. Even if someone says something uncalled for you can learn from it. Maybe take this as an opportunity to observe your inner landscape and not react according to a program.

For my sensitivity, it is a hard knock on the head to have the first post removed to a thread with a psychopatic title.
Could you clarify how the title of this thread is “psychopathic”? It looks like a normal title to me.

I tried the search engine but it doesn't search through sessions. How do you do that? Thx
I think it does, just that so many other threads show in the results first.

To search only in the session, here is one way:
- At the top right click 'Search', then click 'Advanced search…'
- There, switch from 'Search anything' to tab 'Search threads'
- enter your keyword, like 'sungazing' for example (or 'sungaz*' for word variations')
- further below in section 'Search in forums:' scroll down the list and click 'Cassiopean Session Transcripts'
- If you only want to search the english transcripts then you can also untick the checkbox 'Search sub-forums as well' (so no search in French, German, etc. subforums)
- Click 'Search' at the bottom of the page.

Another way is this:
- navigate to the session forum:
Forums > Esoterica > The Cassiopaean Experiment > Cassiopaean Session Transcripts
- click 'Search' at the top right
- enter your keyword(s) and in the dropdown to the right select 'This Forum'
- click 'Search'

You here did it to the vegans and probably some other alternative groups but I dont want to research on it. I'm not interested in anything that divides and I don't want to advocate for anything or anybody.
First, I have to clarify that this is a research forum, as such all the material discussed has to have a real and scientific basis. If veganism is not advocated here, it is simply because there is no biological support that makes it possible; this is not simply for dividing, or advocating for anything or anybody, as you suggested.
For my sensitivity, it is a hard knock on the head to have the first post removed to a thread with a psychopatic title. I feel something has been violated.
Have you read the entire thread your post was removed to? If not, I suggest you to do so. This is not a matter of "something has been violated", It is just organization of the topics; you asked whether there was a thread about Osho, and there was already one about him.

I could be wrong, but from what you have written so far, I have not been able to understand your purpose for being here. Perhaps you should start as suggested here:
Also, it looks like you haven't written your introductory post in the Newbies section yet. We would love to know more about you, your journey towards the forum, and what topics interest you most. If you're not sure what to write, you can read other people's introductions to get an idea :-)

Welcome to the forum. As you have already been told, this is a research forum. Which means that as in all research, you have hypotheses about something. Now if in the search for truth you have to discard a hypothesis, then you have to do so. And that implies that you have no adherence to a particular hypothesis.

The expression used here is thinking with a hammer: CassWiki. p.720

In FotCM usage, the term ”thinking with a hammer” means approaching the object of thought from all angles. The hammer also implies hammering against one’s beliefs and prejudices, creating internal friction by being critical of the thought process itself. Thinking with a hammer is, in a sense, the opposite of habitual thinking. Thinking with a hammer means forging new paths and connections as opposed to forcing things to fit within the grooves of existing categories. It is expanding one’s mind to be at the measure of the questions instead of shrinking the questions to fit the mind’s habits. Thinking with a hammer cannot take place in a state of sleep. It needs an application of will and going against one’s internal resistance.

Veganism is straight up retarded. Do yourself a favor and eat a steak tonight.
That is true, but isn't it unnecessarily harsh? It's like getting vaccinated - sure, it's tarded, even more than going vegan, and we can talk about it freely between each other, but would you think communication would be supported, or hampered, by calling them out as tarded the moment they shared their choice?

It's not like Uli provided any contextual information for us to judge. What influences, situation and motivation got him to make that choice? There's so much misinformation around, it isn't hard to go vegetarian/vegan while thinking nutritional 'science' supports you.

I feel you went off the deep end, without even laying out (we know, but assume he doesn't) why that choice is 'straight up retarded'. Maybe you could have tried and shared with him a partial reasoning behind your claims?

For instance, the first thing I'd argue against veganism, before any health/nutritional reasons come into account, is the supposed ethical nature of veganism. Lots of vegans get co-opted into the cult because they are taught it's the most well-meaning diet around. Yet vegan food production requires industrial monoculture-type farming, the exclusion of animal species and the opposite to a vibrant ecosystem. Before you even eat it, the outcomes are already terrible for the environment.

For me, that would be one of the key points that support the affirmation you made. But isn't it harsh to make it without at least a hint of an explanation?

That is true, but isn't it unnecessarily harsh? It's like getting vaccinated - sure, it's tarded, even more than going vegan, and we can talk about it freely between each other, but would you think communication would be supported, or hampered, by calling them out as tarded the moment they shared their choice?

It's not like Uli provided any contextual information for us to judge. What influences, situation and motivation got him to make that choice? There's so much misinformation around, it isn't hard to go vegetarian/vegan while thinking nutritional 'science' supports you.

I feel you went off the deep end, without even laying out (we know, but assume he doesn't) why that choice is 'straight up retarded'. Maybe you could have tried and shared with him a partial reasoning behind your claims?

For instance, the first thing I'd argue against veganism, before any health/nutritional reasons come into account, is the supposed ethical nature of veganism. Lots of vegans get co-opted into the cult because they are taught it's the most well-meaning diet around. Yet vegan food production requires industrial monoculture-type farming, the exclusion of animal species and the opposite to a vibrant ecosystem. Before you even eat it, the outcomes are already terrible for the environment.

For me, that would be one of the key points that support the affirmation you made. But isn't it harsh to make it without at least a hint of an explanation?

You're absolutely correct. I was a bit distracted when I wrote that, and didn't have the time or energy to go into depth as to the ethical, spiritual, and biological shortcomings of veganism. So, probably should have kept my peace.

You're absolutely correct. I was a bit distracted when I wrote that, and didn't have the time or energy to go into depth as to the ethical, spiritual, and biological shortcomings of veganism. So, probably should have kept my peace.
I think we are hitting that very disarming point of really having to live that “to each, his/her own” thing. Part of the current zoo we are in is the “I know what’s best for you” mindset. It is hard to let that go. And we are being subjected to it. It’s kind of an ego thing too. Hardest is to remain unspoken. (Even while thinking “fine, learn the hard way, idiot“) And yes it takes way more energy to express things in an externally considered way. I have to laugh at myself when the fundamental little voice inside of my machine head reacts with some version of exactly what you originally expressed. It is an interesting dance that never seems to end.

Hello,
New here..
Just wondering as an yes/no information, are there any vegans, vegetarians, and sungazers here?
Respect from Zagreb

1. Vegetarianism / Veganism and carnivores

I was born, and have lived more than half of my life, in the countryside (and now I live in a rural setting, but with slightly different characteristics).

We fed on what we grew; fruits, vegetables, cows, pigs, goats, rabbits and various poultry (chickens, turkeys, geese, ducks), and most importantly seasonally. So it can be said that from late spring to autumn (when the garden and fields were full of greenery and the animals grew and multiplied) we were almost vegetarians, and the second half of the year (late autumn and winter) more carnivores (ham, sausages , meat from the freezer).

Whenever I would eat; tomato soup, pork, and later anchovies, I felt really bad. As for fish, people used to tell me that it was a "blue fish thing", that unlike white fish, it was "difficult to digest". But the problem was only with the anchovies, the other blue fish was OK.

In the book Dr. Peter D'Adamo: "Blood Type Nutrition," for my blood type, were on the "Forbidden" list; tomatoes, pork and anchovies (along with other foods from the plant and animal world).

I read somewhere that our physical body is a "vehicle" for the soul.
Nutrition is the maintenance of the "vehicle" in the best possible driving condition, so that the soul can do what it is intended for.
The soul must know that it does not pour petrol into a vehicle with a diesel engine.

We are not all the same and everyone needs to find the right diet for themselves.

2. Sun gazing

More than 10 years ago, I was in very bad shape; physically, mentally, emotionally and energetically. Simple vegetating, "One foot in the grave" as people in this area would say.

I started doing Sun gazing. When I got to 20 minutes of watching, I started to feel the burning / warmth traveling from my eyes, down my neck, to my heart and lungs. It was surprising and interesting at first, but after a few days it became repulsive. I interrupted and never got to 1 hour of observation.

But I still enjoyed lounging in the morning or late afternoon sun. It relaxed me and I would usually fall asleep, and when I woke up I felt more rested and somehow with more energy. Over the years, the sun and I became more and more incompatible. Now exposure to the sun makes me nervous. Obviously something or someone has changed. The sun, the earth's magnetic field, me ... I'm definitely more than ten years older and physically, mentally, emotionally, energetically I'm not the same.

Lijep pozdrav sa Balkana;-).

Last edited:
Did you use grounding when sungazing?
Did you return to zero after reaching the peak - reduced the time until you got back to zero seconds?
Masala Balkane :)

First, I have to clarify that this is a research forum, as such all the material discussed has to have a real and scientific basis. If veganism is not advocated here, it is simply because there is no biological support that makes it possible; this is not simply for dividing, or advocating for anything or anybody, as you suggested.

Have you read the entire thread your post was removed to? If not, I suggest you to do so. This is not a matter of "something has been violated", It is just organization of the topics; you asked whether there was a thread about Osho, and there was already one about him.

I could be wrong, but from what you have written so far, I have not been able to understand your purpose for being here. Perhaps you should start as suggested here:
I don't understand my purpose, how could you?
I do my own research.

Yes, I did introduce myself somewhere when you asked, and you removed some of it but I'm only positive about the web page and a link to my art portfolio which is the most personal and generous intro I could give you. Before that, you moved my objective post to a subjective thread after and during attacking me for coming here and being me. I find this all very controlling.
Would you go introduce yourself if it happened to you?

Maybe we shared enough of who we are.

Why do you need to know what I know before talking to me?

Live and let live - it's the hardest thing to do, it is the only thing to do.

Oh yes, and respect for the Other - impossible mission on 3D Earth?

I was never hurt by animal, or killed by a stone.
But they did save my life and mind and heart on infinite occasions.

Again, I don't ask you to live like me, nor will I live like you, because only you can live like you. Why should everyone live like you? Where does this need come from?

Everybody can't feel, eat, think the same.
What happy news!

You can relax now into your own being. There is nothing wrong that you need to fix.

Or shall I say it like this - can you stop trying to control my free will?

If you read introductions made by new members here: https://cassiopaea.org/forum/boards/newbies-important-notices-to-all-members.39/, you will notice that there is a purpose based on the interest to deepen in one (or more) of the fields researched here; there you will also notice that our forum has guidelines which clearly indicate what are the rules to interact here.

I do my own research.
Again, when you introduce yourself to a new group, and you say something about your background (this doesn't have to be too personal), interests and your own research, you will probably find other opinions to enrich your knowledge, or to see if you are wrong.

I do my own research.

Yes, I did introduce myself somewhere when you asked, and you removed some of it but I'm only positive about the web page and a link to my art portfolio which is the most personal and generous intro I could give you. Before that, you moved my objective post to a subjective thread after and during attacking me for coming here and being me. I find this all very controlling.
Would you go introduce yourself if it happened to you?

Maybe we shared enough of who we are.

Why do you need to know what I know before talking to me?

Live and let live - it's the hardest thing to do, it is the only thing to do.

Oh yes, and respect for the Other - impossible mission on 3D Earth?

I was never hurt by animal, or killed by a stone.
But they did save my life and mind and heart on infinite occasions.

Again, I don't ask you to live like me, nor will I live like you, because only you can live like you. Why should everyone live like you? Where does this need come from?

Everybody can't feel, eat, think the same.
What happy news!

You can relax now into your own being. There is nothing wrong that you need to fix.

Or shall I say it like this - can you stop trying to control my free will?

Welcome!

You're being sort of semi-intentionally 'tested', (kind of a natural alignment thing until the current is figured out), but I get a good feeling off your initial contact. I hope you'll survive! You seem smart and interesting.

So.., basically, it's just about ego and clinging to sacred cows.

Straight up questioning and being very direct isn't generally, (if people here are doing it right), associated with gaining points or "eating crumbs" of energy. It's just a desire to approach reality head on and get straight to the point. I have come to consider it a mark of sophistication when people are able to be direct with me without concern for my feelings but also without engaging their own energetic feeding mechanism. I try to return that favor. -Though, as you also saw earlier, being deliberately rude isn't tolerated, especially to a newcomer.

How can one figure out that line? Well.., that's half the challenge and it's connected to lots of cool things.

Anyway.., I hope you'll stick around for a while and not be put off too easily. If you have questions, please ask.

Cheers!

Did you use grounding when sungazing?
Did you return to zero after reaching the peak - reduced the time until you got back to zero seconds?
Masala Balkane :)
Did Uli really mean masala ....... or mašala ..............? :huh:, :-D.

Back
Top Bottom