Videos Discussing Psychopathy - Jim Clemente, Profiler

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Clemente comes across as a really compassionate guy despite the horrors of his field of expertise.

This one is excellent:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1r0viWd5Fk
In it, Jim Clemente describes some fascinating cases and gives us some clues about the JonBenet Ramsey case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3otx1-U93TI
This one talks about Lamar Odom, Charles Manson, Lance Armstrong, Donald Trump, and talks about psychopathic traits, CEO psychopaths, etc, in general. Clemente doesn't think that Armstrong or Trump are psychopathic. The interviewer is lame, but Clemente gets in some good info. Second half talks about how unreliable eye-witness testimony can be. Interesting info about brain-science.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8Z490udFDc
About the Jody Arias shenanigans. His analysis of a video of her is amazing. Really gives insight into what he calls a 'brilliant sociopath'. (Jody Arias reminds me of Lisa Guliani too, by the way.)

Another interview with Clemente talking about Jody Arias.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv_CdljN4as

It has a clip of an interview with her that Clemente analyzes. Ya gotta see this in view of the discussion of Female Psychopaths.

While watching the interview with Arias that is shown in this video, it's useful to have the following in mind:

On May 21, 2013, Arias offered an allocution, during which she pleaded for a life sentence. Arias acknowledged that her plea for life was a reversal of remarks she made to a TV reporter shortly after her conviction, when she said she preferred the death penalty. "Each time I said that, I meant it, but I lacked perspective," the former waitress said. "Until very recently, I could not imagine standing before you and asking you to give me life." She said she changed her mind to avoid bringing more pain to members of her family, who were in the courtroom. At one point, she held up a white T-shirt with the word "survivor" written across it, telling the jurors that she would sell the clothing and donate all proceeds to victims of domestic abuse. She also said she would donate her hair to Locks of Love while in prison, and had already done so three times while in jail.

Published on May 15, 2013

Jodi Arias! Michael Jackson!! OJ Simpson!!! So many big cases have hit the news this week its hard to cover them all, but we're taking a stab with Former FBI Agent and Prosecutor Jim Clemente! The long time friend of Crime Time is back to weigh in on all these topics by sharing his expert experience and analysis. Stay tuned!

EPISODE BREAKDOWN:
00:01 Coming up on Crime Time.
01:15 Welcoming Jim Clemente and discussing Jodi Arias and her suicide interview.
09:44 Jodi Arias speaks about Juan Martinez.
15:12 The Michael Jackson wrongful death case against AEG.
19:02 Wade Robson alleges Michael Jackson molested him.
23:30 Comparing Jerry Sandusky to Michael Jackson and the stigma of alleging abuse.
28:15 OJ Simpson sues his lawyer to get a new trial.

Here's the segment that shows Arias begging for her life and telling what great things she has done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMGVXPETFyg

Yup, definitely reminds me of Lisa Guliani.

More about Jody Arias in the last ten minutes of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2XjZ9SV75o

The first part of the video is also excellent:

Amanda Berry has finally freed herself, along with two other adult captives, that were imprisoned in the home of Ariel Castro in Ohio. Retired FBI Special Agent Jim Clemente talks about the profile of captors, as well as the epidemic of sexual assault in the military and why the problem is so deep rooted.
He also chimes in with some thoughts on the wrapping up of the Jodi Arias trial and what we may be able to expect in terms of verdict and sentencing.

Here's Jim Clemente giving a pretty quick and total rundown of Jody Arias for a different TV show. His description of the psychopath as a person who can imitate emotions pretty much at the drop of a hat is a highlight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPjg6FOZnSA

This isn't Jim Clemente, but it's the Arias trial and VERY interesting in what it reveals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUDnzNHhEts

Another discussion on: Interrogating Terrorists & Prosecuting Child Abuse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UDJyZ2oLEs

He is very much against torture and the changing of terms that take things outside the Constitution. (Like "detainees" or "enhanced interrogation".)

EPISODE SYNOPSIS:
00:01 Today on Media Mayhem.
00:30 Introducing Jim Clemente.
02:33 Soundbite politics for a soundbite nation.
05:00 A word on definitions used by the media--"prisoners" become "detainees," and "torture" becomes "enhanced techniques."
06:31 "Goofballs," running the interrogations in the war vs. morale based techniques.
10:35 Has the Bush administration rewritten history on interrogation?
15:25 Looking at Michael Jackson without rose colored glasses.
19:37 The difficulty of prosecuting wealthy vs. poor defendants for sexual abuse.
25:10 Participating in prosecution of his own offender and the myth of compulsive offenders.
28:13 Assessing the Catholic Church scandal and cover-up, a case at a time.
32:58 Stunned witnesses to the Penn State abuse and blaming the victim.
38:40 The Jon Benet Ramsey case and the ridiculous ransom note.
45:49 Working abduction cases and the other 95% that don't make the news.
47:02 Entertainment programming posing as news.
48:29 Creating a celebrity out of Casey Anthony, and the burden of proving first degree murder.
52:23 What role does social media play in creating victims and solving crimes?
56:30 To Catch a Predator? or not To Catch a Predator? That is the question.

The part where he describes how she "profiles" the prosecutor and then influence him is fascinating.

mkrnhr said:
The part where he describes how she "profiles" the prosecutor and then influence him is fascinating.

I was about to say the same thing! I'm watching these videos and just got that part and had to stop. It is creepy!

This Clemente guy has many fascinating things to say and profile. I'm also interested to watch the TV episodes he wrote: a criminal profiling a profiler, a semi-autobiographical episode.

This brings psychological knowledge to a whole new level. At the very least, he explains some concepts so clearly and is able to cut out through so much BS and female psychopaths and their "victim" strategy.

Thanks for sharing !
I never heard about Jim Clemente before but the man is well worth listening to.

mkrnhr said:

Yeah, that's pretty chilling. It's also fascinating when he quickly breaks down what has happened in a particular dynamic and shows how, even if she is trying to make herself look good, it is still all about her and quite pathetic. Many of these things would just slip right by most of us (me included), so I am really appreciating his insights.

I'm also fascinated about what he had to say in several of these videos about the JonBenet Ramsey case. I have always been convinced that Patsy and John Ramsey were involved and covering for each other and he obviously thinks so as well. I think one of the better books about this was "A Mother Gone Bad" where a psychologist analyzed the ransom note and showed how this revealed what had happened and probably why. It was a compelling argument, IMO.

Tigersoap said:
Thanks for sharing !

Indeed. I think it would be great to have him as a guest on SotT Radio show.

Zadius Sky said:
Tigersoap said:
Thanks for sharing !

Agreed. He breaks things down in an clear way, quickly too. Since he's retired it could be more likely to happen. A great find & series of posts on him by Laura. Shame about those presenters/interviewers though. :rolleyes:

Zadius Sky said:
Tigersoap said:
Thanks for sharing !

I was thinking the same thing. Other than his brilliant analysis, one thing that stood out for me was his reference to community for protection. He refers to it with a homeless serial killer in Los Angeles advising the homeless community form groups for protection. The serial killer was caught for that reason.

He also mentions it in reference to the Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michele Knight case. He said that the girls survived because they had formed their own community of support. It would be great to hear him elaborate how communities (network!) offers protection from pathology.

His comments on the JonBenet case was very interesting. I've suspected the parents, too.

It would also be great to hear him talk more about pathology, CEO psychopath and psychopathy in general. I also wonder about Ponerology - if he sees it in our global system? It seems he is a very intelligent guy, very empathetic.

I only watched the Jody Arias sentencing analysis so far. I agree that he could be a good guest for SOTT Talk Radio. I'll watch the rest tomorrow morning.

These videos and Jim Clemente are excellent. They are also highly fascinating. Thank you, Laura, for finding these.

I watched a lot of interviews with Amanda Knox last week, before I knew that she was innocent. Jody Aries reminds me somehow of her, her mannerisms that is.
With Knox it was also about her, her, her, she would be crying and sniffing at the drop of a hat, just like Aries, both doing gymnastics during the trial or an interview. Only Aries is a ruthless killer. The way she killed her ex is just gruesome. Then we see her in the courtroom without any make up and glasses for some special effects. She is indeed brilliant at her game.

Well, I'm creeped out after watching some of those! Jim Clemente does seem like a smart and compassionate guy, and he really helps you keep perspective while watching.

It was just crazy how Jodi said that she wanted to live so that she could benefit society by donating her hair and recycling. Nothing about being really sorry or anything. And she did it in such a perky and childlike way, sniffling every once in a while to remind people that she was emotional in case anyone forgot.

Just like Jim was saying, it was all about her. But besides the lack of concern for other people, which could be put down to narcissistic wounding or trauma, there was also a complete lack of neurosis. Neurosis makes normal people question what effect they had in creating the situation. There was none of that. Just the projection of being a helpless victim, while at the same time trying to control every outcome.

It was also bizarre to watch how confident she seemed that she would succeed with each new maneuver. She just tried one thing on, with all the acting ability she could muster, and then when it didn't work, without flinching, she just tried on something different.

Back
Top Bottom