Videos of strange and mysterious objects and other phenomena in the sky

Why is image so jerky- is it stitched together from multiple frames?

The video was taken from a camera monitoring the volcano 24/7. So I guess they shortened the video to present it on social media. Here is another video

It is very common to see luminous objects near the volcano which is said to have a large electromagnetic anomaly

ABSTRACT:
Geomagnetic anomalies in the area of Popocatepetl volcano, Mexico

Geomagnetic anomalies of different nature observed in the area of Popocatepetl volcano are presented and analyzed in the current paper. The analysis reveals some anomalies considered to be of local volcanic origin: the EM background in the vicinity of the volcano was found to be significantly noisier than other reference stations; sporadic strong noise-like geomagnetic activity was observed in the H-component; some geomagnetic pulsations were observed only at Tlamacas station (located 4 km near the volcano). Some noticeable changes in the evolution of the fractal index calculated for geomagnetic field may be connected to the presence of critical processes in the volcano dynamics.

Why is image so jerky- is it stitched together from multiple frames?
Short answer: "not synchronized video/screen tearing" due to different framerate.
Usually computers (and software or even computer screens) make sure that video is smooth but that does not always work, and it is kinda hard to solve (there are a lot of different video players, formats, codecs, and a lot of different hardware).

Additional, longer answer:
Its hard to confirm where things went wrong, but twitter video contains black borders around video (youtube feeds do not have them).
Since Webcams de México decided to share certain find. And video is live (with 12 hour time limit) they had to download that part of video that will soon disappear. And share that cut.
Since downloading can be tricky and it requires some kind of specialized knowledge someone could decide to just record their screen (which usually works unless video is protected through DRM). While it works it is not perfect and often out of sync, and if computer it was recorded on is slow then result is even worser because video player could decide to skip displaying some frames (so that video will play at all).
Also there is possibility that youtube live feed is also recording of someone display so its like picture of picture of picture. More steps, more places where things could go wrong.

I am 8 hours too late (12 hour limit), so I cannot confirm if original youtube feed did not have stuttering.

I posted the stills below from last night on the Eclipse thread. I also just quickly edited two minutes of the video and attached it as a link to my YT channel below.

April.08.2024 Lights

This very energetic light hung around for at least an hour. When I went to bed it was still out there doing the exact same thing. I checked in the morning at 0630 before going to work, but it was already bright out and the light was gone

To give a bit of background, I'm not an expert at using the night vision yet, and I really should have gone into the basement and dug out the tripod to stabilize it. But I thought I might miss it doing something ;-)

I wear glasses, so usually with the light pollution and atmospheric effects, everything looks kind of twinkly to me in the night sky. I have a general idea of where the stars and planets are supposed to be - so even if I see something out of the ordinary - I don't grab the night vision. We live close to downtown and the police helicopter is overhead all the time. Usually what will catch my attention is a high-flying jet - because it's blinking and I can't hear it yet. But after watching for a while, a clear flight path and the engines will become clear.

This light may have been slightly moving South to North, but not much. If I had to guess, I would say it was between five and ten thousand feet. Much higher than a landing plane or the police chopper, but nowhere near where a big jet would be overflying to another destination.

When I took the night vision out last night, it was because Jupiter looked bright and I wanted to see it. Before I scanned over to Jupiter, I found this. Maybe a light effect? But I scanned the other stars and they all looked like they usually do through night vision. This light was completely different. I did bring my wife out and she was surprised because this light was barely visible with the naked eye and looked like a dim star. But once it came onto the night vision, it looked completely different.

The night vision idea came from Paulides - who uses 4th generation military stuff. Which are out of my range for the cost. The Sionyx Aurora is still pricey, but you can find them on e-bay for a deal occasionally. They also film in colour, which I thought could be an advantage - even though you lose resolution. This light could be some odd atmospheric anomaly, but I don't thing it's a drone, plane or satellite due to its brightness, silence and the fact it barely moved for over an hour.

View attachment 94177View attachment 94177View attachment 94178View attachment 94178View attachment 94179View attachment 94179

I just wanted to follow up on this video/photos I posted a few weeks ago. It turns out it's not anything unusual at all. Night vision responds to refracting light completely differently than the eye (I obviously should have known this).

I had to wait until the exact same cloud conditions happened to try it again. The time was shortly after twilight and there were low lying thin clouds along the horizon obscuring some stars but not the ones higher in the sky. ALL the stars behind the clouds had the same puslating multi-colour effects. All the stars above the could line - no lighting effects. So the frenetic pulsing I caught was just how the night vision camera reads certain cloud conditions and light refraction. Mystery solved ;-)

Back
Top Bottom