Violence at Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia

"our hatred of the thing we are destroying may prevent us from understanding it," From Laura's Facebook

I have seen this from my own town this week fighting a developer that would destroy the environment here. I have seen very clearly how easy it is to be at war when every little nook and cranny needs to be considered. It is a lot to ponder, although I fear we might not have the luxury for pondering much more.

Laura said:
Ya'll might want to check out today's post on my FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/laura.knightjadczyk/posts/10155711918799679

Is this the "color" revolution in which the C's spoke of?

I might be looking at this wrong but it seems that this white nationalists rally, which started out peacefully, then turned violent is being used as a springboard to foster other rally's of discontentment among other ethnic groups?

My understanding is that the rally in Charlottesville was organized by far-right nationalists, in a protest against the plans to remove a monument to Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee? The rally was then high jacked by another small group of Nazi-flag waving marchers?

This incident reminds me of Trump's Inauguration when there was protesters against Trump and another group showed up protesting women and gay rights? It makes the crowd look larger for visual effects but you have two different groups, protesting at the same "time and place" on two different topics?

Following Saturday’s violent and tragic events in Charlottesville, Virginia, resulting from a white supremacist demonstration, people in cities across the US gathered to express shock and firmly refute the racist sentiments espoused by Nazi-flag waving marchers.

No to Nazism - Rallies Occur Across US Over Deadly Virginia March
https://sputniknews.com/art_living/201708131056431255-rallies-in-us-against-facism/

In Atlanta, Georgia, in Oakland and Los Angeles, California, and many other cities across the country residents spontaneously — and peacefully — gathered to show support for the victims, hope for the US, and to strongly reject the message of the several hundred predominantly young white males who waved Nazi flags and chanted Nazi slogans during Saturday's violent march in a small Virginia college town.

During a peaceful rally in Los Angeles, supporters condemned racist actions, carrying hand-painted signs including "No KKK, no fascist USA" while a group with a message gathered in nearby Orange County.

The town of Santa Ana, California, also saw a rally stated to be "in opposition to the message of hate," and, "hope not hate," according to a news release, cited by NBClosangeles.com.

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti issued a statement regarding the tragedy. "The shocking violence in Charlottesville — and the abhorrent ideology behind it — have no place in America or anywhere in the world," Garcetti said.

"Angelenos and people everywhere condemn these acts of hatred, and are deeply saddened by the loss of life and injuries suffered today," he added.

California Senator Dianne Feinstein, herself no stranger to witnessing political violence firsthand, was one of many elected and appointed officials across the US to condemn the expression of white racial supremacy, according to the South China Morning Post.

"Violent acts of hate and bigotry have no place in America," Feinstein said, adding, "Violence like this will solve nothing and will only beget more violence and sow more division."

Hundreds gathered in the northern California city of Oakland to refute racism and violence on Saturday evening.

Additional spontaneous protests are said to be either ongoing or planned for New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, and San Francisco, as well as in the states of Washington and Maryland.

Local police responding to requests for more information asserted that the rallies have been peaceful and that there have been no arrests.

The White House homeland security adviser has defended US President Donald Trump's statement on violence in Virginia.

WH Homeland Security Adviser Stands For Trump's Statement on Virginia Rally
https://sputniknews.com/us/201708131056431128-charlottesville-violence-trump-virginia/

Tom Bossert, the White House homeland security adviser, has defended US President Donald Trump's statement on violence organized by white supremacists in Virginia, and said that the president avoided direct condemnation of the far-right group in order not to "dignify" the movement.

"The president not only condemned the violence and stood up at a time and a moment when calm was necessary and didn't dignify the names of these groups of people, but rather addressed the fundamental issue," Bossert said in the air of CNN on Sunday.

On Saturday, Trump condemned the violence in Charlottesville, organized by far-right nationalists, stating that the events were a "display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides." Trump subsequently faced fierce criticism for not directly condemning white nationalists of the "Unite the Right" rally.

At the same time, Bossert said that he condemns "white supremacists and racists and white Nazi groups and all the other groups that espouse this kind of hatred and exclusion."

Then we have a National Security Advisor Herbert McMaster, who seems to be out of touch with reality, stating " the events in Charlottesville are aimed to "incite fear." https://sputniknews.com/us/201708131056429798-terrorism-mcmaster-charlottesville/

"Any time that you commit an attack against people to incite fear, it is terrorism," McMaster said in an interview with ABC.

"… What are we teaching our children around the dinner table, what are we teaching our children in school, we ought to be teaching what makes America exceptional; and that's our commitment to the rights of every individual, liberty, freedom, respect for each other regardless of race, religion."

(Apparently, McMaster never took the time to ask people in Syria, Iraq, etc. what they thought of "American exceptionalism"?)

The United States is "lecturing" the whole world, while being unable to peacefully solve internal problems and conflicts, the Chairman of the Federation Council Committee on Constitutional Legislation and State-Building told Sputnik Sunday, commenting on the recent major unrest in the US state of Virginia.

Russian MP on Charlottesville: US Should Deal With Own Problems First
https://sputniknews.com/politics/201708131056427322-us-charlottesville-domestic-terrorism-russia/

"Instead of lecturing the whole world regarding the way of organizing life in this or that part of the planet, the United States should learn how to peacefully solve own internal problems and conflicts," Andrey Klishas said.

According to Klishas, the policy of "overwhelming tolerance" promoted by the US democratic elite in the recent years does not lead to solutions of problems in the society.

"Afterward, these problems turn into violence and disorders and the United States deals with them by means of curfew and restrictions of basic freedoms," the lawmaker added.

On Saturday, Trump strongly condemned the violence in Charlottesville, organized by far-right nationalists, stating that the events were a "display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides," but refrained from blaming any particular group for the outbreak of violence.

Scaramucci Thinks President Should Be Tougher in His Virginia Violence Reaction
https://sputniknews.com/us/201708131056426986-scaramucci-trump-charlottesville-violence-reaction/

US President Donald Trump should have been "harsher" in his statement on the violent clashes between far-right activists and counter-protesters in Charlottesville, Virginia and call things by their proper names, former White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci said Sunday.

"I wouldn't have recommended that statement. I think he needed to be much harsher as it related to the white supremacists and the nature of that… It's actually terrorism and whether it's domestic or international terrorism, with the moral authority of the presidency, you have to call that stuff out," Scaramucci in the air of ABC.

Charlottesville Police Department said that Charlottesville City Council empowers the chief of local police to restrict assembly and movement of persons and vehicles in the city after the violent clashes over the far-right rallies.

Charlottesville Authorities Give Police Chief Right to Restrict Movement in City
https://sputniknews.com/us/201708131056419137-charlottesville-police-chief-curfew/

"Charlottesville City Council voted unanimously to empower Charlottesville Chief of Police Al Thomas to regulate, restrict or prohibit any assembly of persons, or the movement of persons or vehicles on any public street, sidewalk, right-of-way, park or other publicly-owned property as he deems necessary to protect the City of Charlottesville," the statement read.

The police of Virginia state said that three men have been arrested over the far-right demonstration in the US city of Charlottesville which had lead to violence and casualties.

US Police Arrest 3 Individuals Over Far-Right Rally in Charlottesville
https://sputniknews.com/us/201708131056418922-charlottedville-detained/

"Virginia State Police have made three arrests related to the planned rally at Emancipation Park and the continued unrest following the declaration of an unlawful assembly. Troy Dunigan, 21, of Chattanooga, Tennessee, was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct; Jacob L. Smith, 21, of Louisa, Virginia, was arrested and charged with misdemeanor assault and battery; James M. O’Brien, 44, of Gainesville, Florida, was arrested and charged with carrying a concealed handgun," the statement published on Facebook read.

Another point of view:
(Natural News) As usual, everything you’re being told about what happened in Charlottesville by the mainstream media is distorted for political effect. To sort it out and find out what really happened (and why it matters), you need to listen to independent, intelligent analysis from someone who was on the scene and saw exactly how many of the key events of the day were staged to deliberately unleash the Antifa mob onto the streets to instigate violence.

Best explanation yet of what happened in Charlottesville: Stefan Molyneux and Faith Goldy report the truth you won’t hear in the media
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-12-best-explanation-yet-of-what-happened-in-charlottesville-stefan-molyneux-and-faith-goldy-report-the-truth-you-wont-hear-in-the-media.html

Stefan Molyneux interviews Faith Goldy in the following informative video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UpF8H1Zjcw (24 min.)

What’s clear from all this so far, by the way, is that militant left-wing extremists are now attempting to exterminate White culture in America. All the “tolerance” and “diversity” of the Left, it turns out, excludes straight white Christian males, all of whom are denigrated, suppressed and demeaned by the insane left-wing mob whose exclusionary ideas are, by definition, racist and bigoted. Is it any wonder young white males are tired of being marginalized by an insane left-wing mob rooted in totalitarianism and inherent racism against Whites?

“We either have free speech or we have blood in the streets,” explains Stefan Molyneux, conforming what I’ve also said which is that Google, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter censorship targeting conservative voices is actually a root cause of the escalation of all this violence and social unrest. The radical Left believes that conservative voices have no right to be heard (and no right to even win elections). The Left’s open goal is the complete extermination of White culture (and conservative cultures) in America. In essence, the Left is calling for cultural extermination, yet crying out that they are somehow the victims in all this.

Here’s another explanation from one of the event organizers who quickly came to realize the left-wing Governor of Virginia actually conspired to restrict the free speech rights of conservatives while unleashing left-wing Antifa protesters onto the streets in order to instigate violence:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AOx7NMbMkU (14:27 min.)

Link to read new thread with video and pictures on Twitter:
"Ok, police bringing in the armor at Westlake. Follow along at this thread for my coverage of Seattle's alt-right protest & counterprotest"
https://twitter.com/itsmikebivins/status/896810897380843520

A few of the sings that can be seen photographed in the thread: "Kill Nazis", "The only platform Nazis need [a picture of a guillotine]", A Soviet flag, "Die Nazi Scum".

Domagoj said:
Link to read new thread with video and pictures on Twitter:
"Ok, police bringing in the armor at Westlake. Follow along at this thread for my coverage of Seattle's alt-right protest & counterprotest"
https://twitter.com/itsmikebivins/status/896810897380843520

A few of the sings that can be seen photographed in the thread: "Kill Nazis", "The only platform Nazis need [a picture of a guillotine]", A Soviet flag, "Die Nazi Scum".

Video (Warning: May be unsettling as one person is yelling "I can't hear I can't see")"

#BREAKING Flash bangs and pepper spray deployed in downtown Seattle where opposing rallies fill the streets: "

https://twitter.com/KING5Seattle/status/896857137254719491

angelburst29 said:
I might be looking at this wrong but it seems that this white nationalists rally, which started out peacefully, then turned violent is being used as a springboard to foster other rally's of discontentment among other ethnic groups?

This may be true, will have to see.

My understanding is that the rally in Charlottesville was organized by far-right nationalists, in a protest against the plans to remove a monument to Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee? The rally was then high jacked by another small group of Nazi-flag waving marchers?

That is my understanding also, marching in protest of the removal of monuments - with a legal permit that were later revoked.

[...]
Here’s another explanation from one of the event organizers who quickly came to realize the left-wing Governor of Virginia actually conspired to restrict the free speech rights of conservatives while unleashing left-wing Antifa protesters onto the streets in order to instigate violence:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AOx7NMbMkU (14:27 min.)

So, perhaps it was hijacked by even more than one right group or pseudo right group, and then the left groups made their presents known, further splitting in extremes with provocation on some of their minds - Antifa assuredly playing their role.

Some people center left/right might say, hey, you want to march, march, may be even agreeing that monuments should not be removed. Some people would say, hey, not that I agree but you are free to speak as you may and in turn they are free not to show up to listen, or perhaps they might even try to hear them. However, this apparently highly orchestrated left are looking for maximum effects, and they are getting it while the circus masters control the messaging on a global scale.

Following this event, just how many people today (left friends) were furious at the 'neonazis'" and 'clan' members (not my cup of tea either) while echoing along the story without any observation of the other side. However, these same left people, without blinking their eyes, wholeheartedly have supported neonazis in Ukraine. They in fact will defend their support for a fascist regime in Ukraine so vigorously it's to the point of absurdity and complete denial of facts when presented. And so it goes, there is no talking, just hysteria.

Domagoj said:
#BREAKING Flash bangs and pepper spray deployed in downtown Seattle where opposing rallies fill the streets: "

I guess this is the start of the "springboard" angelburst29 mentioned might spread.

This may get very ugly fast...

Suxhi said:
There was another dualing protest in Seattle. One of the most liberal places in the country so I wonder how far they had to bus in the "Patriot Prayer" side.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/seattle/police-protesters-clash-in-dueling-rallies-in-seattle/464096829?c=n

So far it's mostly Antifa and co. related videos coming from Seattle.

"Antifa burn US flag in Seattle. Sign reads "Go Back to Europe" #Seattle"
https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/896861580893315072
The guys say:"Now we have a reason to burn it."

"Our @CBS6 photojournalist assaulted in the head while shooting(filming) protests in Richmond. In the hospital getting stitches. Stop the VIOLENCE!"
https://twitter.com/lfrenchnews/status/896950108708888576
Protesters chanting:"We're here, we're gay, we fight the KKK."

I just didn't expect the situation would start spreading to other places so quickly, though it has been brewing for some time given also the gradual normalization of political violence. All of this is very fishy. Coordination is likely happening, at multiple levels simultaneously, both independently but also purposefully.

How far will this go and how quickly? Very worrying.

Re: Charlottesville, Virginia

whitecoast said:
That's also what I heard, "you". I mean a lot of hardcore alt-right racists don't even really hate Israel or Jews, but in fact envy them. Richard Spencer actually even looks up to Israel as how an identitarian nation should be run, which says volumes about their intentions in turning America into a "white" nation in the same way that the Zionists try and turn Palestine into a "jewish" nation. :shock:

From my experience, a certain number of the figure-heads of the "new" right shall we say or conservatives like Levant are pro-Israel but if you look deeper into internet culture, the real "alt-right" is quite anti-jew because a number of them see the number and ratio of "Jews" in positions of let's say deep power or privilege and have a problem with them.

Laura said:
Ya'll might want to check out today's post on my FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/laura.knightjadczyk/posts/10155711918799679
I read the discussion below the thread, and it is very interesting. When the discussion is over, and before it disappears in the FB abyss of oblivion or even deletion, there are seeds for an article about the different views people hold on the possibility of the scenario playing out.

voyageur said:
So, perhaps it was hijacked by even more than one right group or pseudo right group, and then the left groups made their presents known, further splitting in extremes with provocation on some of their minds - Antifa assuredly playing their role.

Some people center left/right might say, hey, you want to march, march, may be even agreeing that monuments should not be removed. Some people would say, hey, not that I agree but you are free to speak as you may and in turn they are free not to show up to listen, or perhaps they might even try to hear them. However, this apparently highly orchestrated left are looking for maximum effects, and they are getting it while the circus masters control the messaging on a global scale.

Following this event, just how many people today (left friends) were furious at the 'neonazis'" and 'clan' members (not my cup of tea either) while echoing along the story without any observation of the other side. However, these same left people, without blinking their eyes, wholeheartedly have supported neonazis in Ukraine. They in fact will defend their support for a fascist regime in Ukraine so vigorously it's to the point of absurdity and complete denial of facts when presented. And so it goes, there is no talking, just hysteria.

Domagoj said:
Suxhi said:
There was another dualing protest in Seattle. One of the most liberal places in the country so I wonder how far they had to bus in the "Patriot Prayer" side.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/seattle/police-protesters-clash-in-dueling-rallies-in-seattle/464096829?c=n

So far it's mostly Antifa and co. related videos coming from Seattle.

"Antifa burn US flag in Seattle. Sign reads "Go Back to Europe" #Seattle"
https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/896861580893315072
The guys say:"Now we have a reason to burn it."

"Our @CBS6 photojournalist assaulted in the head while shooting(filming) protests in Richmond. In the hospital getting stitches. Stop the VIOLENCE!"
https://twitter.com/lfrenchnews/status/896950108708888576
Protesters chanting:"We're here, we're gay, we fight the KKK."

Series of provocations. I just didn't expect the situation would start spreading to other places so quickly. All of this is very fishy. Coordination is likely happening, at multiple levels simultaneously, both independently but also purposefully.

How far will this go and how quickly? Very worrying.

Zerohedge is featuring an article that states, Antifa showed up with cement-filled cans and other weapons with plans to violently protest the event -

Oh yeah - that sounds real peaceful? Why weren't the one's carrying the cement cans arrested? Oh, that's right, the Police were ordered to Stand Down?
Then the Mayor blames Trump for the violence? Makes ..... a lot of sense?

Charlottesville Police Called Off When Violence Began: “We’re Leaving, It’s Too Dangerous” (Videos)
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-13/charlottesville-police-called-when-violence-began-%E2%80%9Cwe%E2%80%99re-leaving-it%E2%80%99s-too-dangerous%E2%80%9D

Content originally published at iBankCoin.com

Fox News reporter Doug McKelway was in attendance during yesterday’s deadly events in Charlottesville, VA, where he reported that the police were called off as soon as things started turning violent.

“But when the tear gas started to fly, thrown by protesters, the police themselves began to evacuate then. I asked the guy who was in charge, “Where you going?” He said, “We’re leaving. It’s too dangerous.” They had a chance to nip this thing in the bud and they chose not to.“

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6Z07rbkFSY (1:03 min.)

Of note, "Unite the right" held a rally which was legally organized with a permit from the city, as was their first amendment right to do so, and Antifa showed up with cement-filled cans and other weapons with plans to violently protest the event - creating a dangerous atmosphere which the police did nothing to control.

Stand Down

The ACLU confirmed that Charlottesville police were ordered to stand down, which allowed the KKK and Antifa to meet face to face with no interference.

Some have suggested that the violent atmosphere and lack of police presence was a factor in the decision and ability of 20 year old white supremacist James Alex Fields to drive his 2010 Dodge Challenger into a crowd of counter-protesters, killing 32 year old paralegal Heather Heyer and injuring dozens of others.

Fields is expected in court on Monday at 9AM to face one charge of 2nd degree murder, three counts of malicious wounding, and one count of hit and run – which was filmed from several vantage points, including a drone which happened to be above the scene of the crime.

Mother interviewed

When approached by a pair of individuals at her home, Fields’ mother said she was unaware of what her son had done, and she thought that he was attending a Donald Trump rally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP8t_MoiDRc (2:10 min.)

An eyewitness who saw a car plow into dozens of protesters at a far-right rally and counter-demonstrators in Charlottesville, Virginia described the crash involving one car plowing into protesters and crashing into another as “intentional” while speculating that it was a “terrorist attack.”

'It was an intentional attack': Eyewitness describes deadly Charlottesville car plowing incident (Video)
https://www.rt.com/usa/399437-intentional-attack-eyewitness-virginia/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXHdILOBKf4 (2:05 min.)

“It backed up and hit everyone again. There was a girl on the ground and she was trying to get up,” an eyewitness, still shocked from the incident, told Ruptly.

“There was a girl on the ground. She got tore up….she tried to get up,” he continued, describing what happened while repeating his words. The car “didn’t have a license plate.”

“It was an intentional terrorist attack,” he concluded. There has been no confirmation from authorities that the car plowing incident was any way related with terrorism.

Nationwide #MarchOnGoogle announced for Saturday, August 19th, across 9 U.S. cities
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-nationwide-marchongoogle-announced-for-saturday-august-19th-across-9-u-s-cities.html

Marches are already organized to protest Google offices in nine U.S. cities, all scheduled for Saturday, August 19th, from 1 – 3 PM local time.

Mountain View
New York City
Washington DC
Austin
Boston
Atlanta
Los Angeles, CA (Venice Beach)
Pittsburgh
Seattle, WA (Kirkland)

Here are the address details:

"Police Stand Down"
Someone who knew better, sent the police out unprepared, so they had to stand down or get killed.
This reminds me of Ukraine.

thorbiorn said:
"Police Stand Down"
Someone who knew better, sent the police out unprepared, so they had to stand down or get killed.

I saw a first person account of the rally on FB somewhere (can no longer find the video), and from what I understand the police were given orders to stand down and allow the chaos to happen.

From the way the reporter described the scene, the "unite the right" folks did have a legal permit to protest the removal of statue, but the leftist counter protest had no such permit, yet the police allowed the radical antifa and BLM protestors to pretty much corner the permit holders into the square with no way of escape. At one point, the police told the permit holding protestors that they had to shut everything down and leave the area. She claims she overheard one of the alt-right protestors ask the police specifically if their group could leave through the police cordon, so as being able to avoid the crowd of angry liberals, but the request was denied and the police said "You have to leave the same way you came in", which in effect brought the two groups into close contact with each other.

There were also reports of the antifa types using pepper spray and throwing water bottles full of paint, urine, faeces and other chemicals onto the alt-right crowd while they marched. That one of the young neo-nazis went ballistic with his car afterwards and mowed down a bunch of people is reprehensible, but it certainly seems like the PTB went out of their way to goad the 2 groups into fighting, almost as if they were hoping something like this tragedy would result.

The whole thing strikes me as very deliberate play by those in power to foment chaos and further division.

Timótheos said:
thorbiorn said:
"Police Stand Down"

I saw a first person account of the rally on FB somewhere (can no longer find the video), and from what I understand the police were given orders to stand down and allow the chaos to happen.

From the way the reporter described the scene, the "unite the right" folks did have a legal permit to protest the removal of statue, but the leftist counter protest had no such permit, yet the police allowed the radical antifa and BLM protestors to pretty much corner the permit holders into the square with no way of escape. At one point, the police told the permit holding protestors that they had to shut everything down and leave the area. She claims she overheard one of the alt-right protestors ask the police specifically if their group could leave through the police cordon, so as being able to avoid the crowd of angry liberals, but the request was denied and the police said "You have to leave the same way you came in", which in effect brought the two groups into close contact with each other.

There were also reports of the antifa types using pepper spray and throwing water bottles full of paint, urine, faeces and other chemicals onto the alt-right crowd while they marched. That one of the young neo-nazis went ballistic with his car afterwards and mowed down a bunch of people is reprehensible, but it certainly seems like the PTB went out of their way to goad the 2 groups into fighting, almost as if they were hoping something like this tragedy would result.

The whole thing strikes me as very deliberate play by those in power to foment chaos and further division.

Here is a report from a reporter who was there during the drama:

https://youtu.be/4UpF8H1Zjcw?list=PLMNj_r5bccUyXJLUDRykf9sX3Yc_vHBQD?ecver=2

Back
Top Bottom