Volunteers for FOTCM

Atomas

Jedi
Hello,

Apologies if this topic duplicates any other topic related to the same kind of request. I didn't find it, however, if it already exists, please delete this one.
A few months ago I received FOTCM package and I'm very happy to become a part of the Group. Besides reading the forum and Laura's books, I'd like to give something back what the Group needs. So basically I have a couple of questions:
1. In the welcome letter it is said that Members are provided a safe and supportive venue to discover and develop their spiritual potential via their involvement in Fellowship activities and public service. So the question is how one could adhere to the Service and what kind of activities are actually in demand by the Group?
2. If I have had ability to help with one of these activities, who is the right contact to talk to regarding this?

Also I have one more question regarding the level of EE "teachers"/instructors (I'm sorry, I cannot remember correct title of this) and how it can be achieved. Is this level available for everyone who wishes to master the technique? If so how the learning process looks like?

Many thanks,
Atomas

Hi Atomas, and thanks for offering to help. I'd say that the first thing is that you try to be more active in the forum, so that we all get to know you better. And then we take it from there. For EE, you can participate on the related threads, and also on the Diet board. Lots of reading and learning are in order, and by doing so, if it's what you want, you are already helping. :)

Thanks all for getting back to me with your advices.
Is this only me who doesn't have Send PM command activated under the Profile section? I assume it might sound stupid, however, I can only see Show stats/posts/drafts links available. I tried to look up at config options in Modify profile section but with no success.
Maybe this was cancelled because of a particular threat? If so how I could send a message to you Ailen? There is something that I would not prefer to post in public.
Thanks, Atomas

Atomas said:
Thanks all for getting back to me with your advices.
Is this only me who doesn't have Send PM command activated under the Profile section?

That is directly related to Ailen's suggestion that you become more active on the forum. After you have posted 50 posts, your ability to send a PM is activated.

I see the point now. Fair enough. It seems that the time has come for accelerating the change of my habits/programs installed - usually I tend to be as an observer while I'm accumulating required amount of knowledge.
Thanks for the guidance and support.
Atomas

It's completely understandable, if not advisable, to acquaint yourself with the material before jumping into the fray, although questions are always welcome, provided one first tries to find answers on their own (search function=best friend).

So, don't feel rushed in wanting to help to the point that it interferes with getting up to speed on the language and concepts discussed here.

Having said that, it is difficult to know when you've consumed and synthesized enough, since personal growth really does require working with a network to get past one's own illusions of one's self.

When you feel you have something of value to share or add, do so with openness to the feedback you may receive. Our egos are especially fragile when we first receive feedback that betrays our expectations and it can often register as pain. How we handle those situations speaks volumes about our growth and, over time, becomes quite apparent to others how much we change.

It's great that you have a desire to help. Try to understand where that desire comes from and let it continue to motivate you into forming objectives for yourself and you walk, one step at a time, on this incredible journey here.

Gonzo

Thank you Atomas for your post. I have been having similar thoughts to the ones you have conveyed here too. I am grateful for the responses. I have recently joined the FOTCM too, and have sometimes put myself under pressure to contribute on this forum, to reach the 50 post benchmark (there is a particular thread on the Work and children I wish to contribute on for example). But I know to contribute fully means to do so without this pressure. I have identified such programmes as lack of patience / wanting to be accepted / feeling that the forum may be taken down / 'time' running out etc. Now I feel alot calmer and realise alot of this programming was based on ego and fear.

I have choosen to live on the fringes of society in England. I choose to have no TV or internet at home, which is a mobile caravan (trailer to those across the pond!) in a farmers field. I work part-time and this lifestyle enables me to have quality time to Self and my children, live close to Nature and read through Lauras books (and other recommended material) and learn. I realise that to 'serve others' I need to 'serve self' also sometimes too. I am not isolated in a lonely, hermit type way at all and have a rich circle of family and friends who I care for and learn from everyday, trying to stay vilagent at the same time.

When I go to the library or work and have access to the internet, I have often intended to contibute on the forum, but end up playing what I call 'cassiopaea catchup' - instead of posting, after using the search engine and finding a relevent thread I end up saving it to my memory stick or laptop for reflection later, or check out the links etc. There is just soooo much interesting, relevant subject matter on here, invariably I run out of internet time before I have posted! :)

But, even though I have few postings, I think of you all as my 'spiritual family' and keep you in my prayers daily, and I am continue to do the Work in my own way; learning with joy and suffering.

I do have a question though:

Apart from monetary donations and volunteering time and skills etc, how would the Elders feel about accepting donations of land? I mentioned it on my FOTCM application.

Back
Top Bottom