Warning: Psychiatric drug withdrawal effects can persist months, even years

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Many people who have taken psychiatric drugs have found out the withdrawal effects of the drugs can persist for months, even years after they stop taking them. Patient's are frequently not warned about this, and are often told that it is simply symptoms of their 'mental disorder' returning - yet studies confirm that after patient's stop taking certain psychiatric drugs, the withdrawal effects may last several months to years afterwards. Please note that no one should attempt to withdrawal from psychiatric drugs (Antidepressants, Antipsychotics, Anti-anxiety drugs and ADHD drugs) without a doctor's supervision.

Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics Journal published a study in October 2012 about persistent withdrawal effects six weeks after cessation of taking SSRI antidepressants. Researchers reviewed self-reporting adverse events between February 2010 and September 2010 and found post-withdrawal symptoms "may last several months to years." Reported symptoms included disturbed mood, emotional liability, irritability, and poor stress tolerance.

"We note in table 1, persistent postwithdrawal disorders, which occur after 6 weeks of drug withdrawal, rarely disappear spontaneously, and are sufficiently severe and disabling to have patients returned to previous drug treatment. When their drug treatment is not restarted, postwithdrawal disorders may last several months to years. Significant persistent postwithdrawal emergent symptoms noted consist ofanxiety disorders, including generalized anxiety and panic attacks, tardive [developing slowly] insomnia, and depressive disorders including major depression and bipolar illness. Anxiety, disturbed mood, depression, mood swings, emotional liability, persistent insomnia, irritability, poor stress tolerance, impaired concentration and impaired memory are the more frequent postwithdrawal symptoms reported online."

Read the study here >>

Dr. John Zajecka reported in the Journal of Clinical Psychiatry that the agitation and irritability experienced by patients withdrawing from one SSRI antidepressant could cause "aggressiveness and suicidal impulsivity." The study stated that, "Symptoms of [antidepressant] discontinuation have been reported to last as long as 1 month."

Read the study here: https://www.cchrint.org/pdfs/discontinuation-symptoms-after-treatment-with-ssris.pdf

Watch Video: Attorney Karen Barth Menzies on Antidepressants - Addiction and Withdrawal. Ms. Menzies has been on the forefront of SSRI antidepressant litigation for more than a decade against defendants such as, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer and Eli Lilly in cases involving antidepressant-induced suicide, withdrawal and birth defects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpex0n0DXuc

Here is another troubling update:

http://www.sott.net/article/266334-Honey-they-shrunk-my-brain-Study-confirms-antipsychotics-decrease-brain-tissue

Antipsychotic drugs cause brain shrinkage. This is the conclusion of yet another study, considered the largest longitudinal brain-scan data set ever compiled, documenting the adverse effects of antipsychotic drugs on brain tissue.

According to the study's author, University of Iowa professor, Nancy Andreasen, Ph.D., "the higher the antipsychotic medication doses, the greater the loss of brain tissue." Andreasen further explained that "antipsychotic treatment has a negative impact on the brain, so...we must get the word out that they should be used with great care, because even though they have fewer side effects than some of the other medications, they are certainly not trouble free and can have lifelong consequences for the health and happiness of the people we serve."

Andreasen found the results "very upsetting." With more than six million people, including nearly one million children, (28,000 of them under the age of five), taking Antipsychotics, it's understandable why the author of the study found the new data "upsetting."

Anyone in their right mind would find the data upsetting. Brain shrinkage for any reason can't be a good thing, but it especially isn't a good thing when it is caused by the psychiatric medication prescribed as a medicinal "treatment."

Antipsychotic medications, such as Seroquel, Abilify, Zyprexa, Risperdal and Geodon are not approved for the treatment of children (18 and under) yet, there are nearly thirty thousand children under the age of five currently prescribed this brain-destructive drug.

Furthermore, the use of antipsychotic drugs long has been referred to as a "chemical lobotomy" because they actually can disable normal brain function. Along with brain shrinkage, antipsychotics also can cause obesity, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes.

There also is the side effect called Tardive Dyskinesia, which is a potentially irreversible neurological disorder resulting in involuntary and uncontrollable movements, including slurred speech, tremors, anxiety, inability to sit still, inner restlessness, distress and paranoia.

And the Food and Drug Administration, FDA, requires antipsychotics to carry a "Black Box Warning," the most serious drug warning issued by the FDA, as the antipsychotics increase the risk of death in elderly with dementia.

Between the FDA and other international drug regulatory agencies, there are no less than 55 warnings on antipsychotic drugs and the FDA, alone, has received more than 120,000 adverse event reports associated with antipsychotic drugs, including diabetes mellitus, pancreatitis, tremor and even death.

Professor Andreasen apparently was so surprised by the results of the study that it was held for two years with the belief that the data may be inaccurate. Unfortunately, the data were accurate and Andreasen pondered the effect the data would have on society.

"The impact is painful," explained Andreasen, "because psychiatrists, patients and family members don't know how to interpret this finding. 'Should we stop using antipsychotic medication? Should we be using less?'"

Okay, let's ponder the answer to this question. Antipsychotic drugs shrink the brain, cause excessive weight gain, diabetes, Tardive Dyskinesia, tremors, anxiety, slurred speech, inner restlessness and a host of other adverse effects.

Seems like a no-brainer. But, maybe, the wrong question is being asked. Maybe the question should be: what exactly is the upside of taking an antipsychotic?

The cynic in me suggests this is exactly what they want to happen.

Years ago I took antidepressants and they turned me into a raving madman. Ticked off my best friends.

About eight years ago my doctor prescribed lipitor. Thankfully it was a small dose (less than 1/4 of my friend who had a heart attack), but still the muscle pain was troubling. I finally stopped taking it last year, much to my doc's chagrin. He didn't like my cholesterol levels, "and if they don't improve I'm going to put you on another statin!"

I guess he's only prescribing what he's taught without any critical thinking. I told him I had gone on a Paleo diet. "What's that?" Really? And you're a doctor? Yeah. I don't see him anymore.

It's definitely in the interests of the PTB to have a sick, crazy, desperate and broke populace. The realization of that makes me more angry these days than anything I can recall from my past.

I'm with you on that, Lost Spirit. After all these years (since around 1990) of knowing about the criminal behavior of the medical mafia, I still get really pissed off reading articles like these.

Hi, coming off Prozac as we type, stopped taking them four days ago after running down from one a day to one every other day.

I was thinking of taking St Johns Wort instead, does anyone have any experience of this or any other suggestions

I would be grateful for any feedback

thanks

Esoterica said:
I was thinking of taking St Johns Wort instead, does anyone have any experience of this or any other suggestions

I would be grateful for any feedback

thanks

There is this thread for more info: http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,17292.0.html

Lost Spirit said:
The cynic in me suggests this is exactly what they want to happen...

There is good evidence for it. I recommend the book Anatomy of an Epidemic by Robert Whitaker, although it is not the only source. What has happened was very, very intentional, and I think pretty much everyone would be better off being aware of the situation. I wish I had had more of this information earlier, when I was "in the system."

Yep, and according to Wikipedia, the side-effects are identical to the symptoms of the disease these anti-psychotics were conceived for... "Wikipedia" also says that, side-effects are similarly felt by ill persons ans sane persons. It also says that, opponents, in USSR, described the torture they lived, similarly to the ill persons, after being forced to take these anti-psychotics. The side-effects masked the healing by their symptoms (source gave by Wikipedia).

It is a poison, a problem and a trouble maker... If we weigh the pros and cons (for us i mean :D), it is a misery maker, a punishment and it has absolutely no 'YES' vote for its usefulness...
Yes, because, the positive things it could bring, could be obtained by other means, by other means not as much mean as the side-effects of anti-psychotics! :D If you want to take morphine, do you take it with round-up? WTH! :D

And, the idea of the different generations of anti-psychotics makes me think that they do not know what they are doing... and we believe them and trust them... but it is a total deceit! "Version 2.0, this time, will do..." :D We are talking about our brains dudes, not about a computer! :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom