What are you listening to?

Transcendental masterpiece of the girl group 60's sound, not enhanced in any way (nevermind the echo chambers). These are all the best artists and musical talents of the era. Check out those beehives!!

When The Roll Is Called Up Yonder (Wiki)
When the Roll Is Called Up Yonder is an 1893 hymn with words and music by James Milton Black. It is one of the most popular Christian hymns of all time. The song was inspired by the idea of The Book of Life mentioned in the Bible, and by the absence of a child in Black's Sunday school class when the attendance was taken.[1] The idea of someone's being not in attendance in heaven haunted Black, and after visiting the child's home and calling on a doctor to attend her for pneumonia, he went home and wrote the song after not finding one on a similar topic in his hymn collection.[2] The song's lyrics were first published in a collection titled Songs of the Soul and the song has since been translated into at least 14 languages and sung all over the world in a variety of Christian denominations.[3]
Lyrics in English:
1 When the trumpet of the Lord shall sound and time shall be no more,
And the morning breaks, eternal, bright and fair;
When the saved of earth shall gather over on the other shore,
And the roll is called up yonder, I'll be there.

Refrain:
When the roll is called up yonder,
When the roll is called up yonder, I'll be there.

2 On that bright and cloudless morning when the dead in Christ shall rise,
And the glory of his resurrection share;
When his chosen ones shall gather to their home beyond the skies,
And the roll is called up yonder, I'll be there. [Refrain]

3 Let us labor for the Master from the dawn till setting sun;
Let us talk of all his wondrous love and care.
Then when all of life is over and our work on earth is done,
And the roll is called up yonder, I'll be there. [Refrain]
It was a friend who sent a link to a Russian version of the song that introduced me, so if you do not mind too much, I will share that one:
How about trying this song for a karaoke session, - in English - though that might depend on who else is willing to try.

IT's been snowing since 1am and is slated to continue for another 3 or so hours (8pm). We've got about 4 or so inches on the ground already. ❄️☃️ I think it's time for a little musical interlude... ;-D

I enjoy watching how the rock band's get in tune with one another. They catch the same wave, so to say.

It is a remake of Nirvana. It is like accelerated and updated.
The original song

I actually love both.
I catch myself of the thought, what makes me smile.
"love both", and "love buzz"

Back
Top Bottom