What are you listening to?

Transcendental masterpiece of the girl group 60's sound, not enhanced in any way (nevermind the echo chambers). These are all the best artists and musical talents of the era. Check out those beehives!!

Going back a few years now when I was a young girl I loved this song as it was made famous again by the soundtrack of the blockbuster movie Dirty Dancing.

Here’s another track from the movie, this one pulls you into how tragic our love relationships can feel. Although I’m a bit over love songs at present.

Been listening to the indefatigable Max Cavalera. He is a Brazilian musician and metal artist. Here is is a song from his band Soulfly in 2000 titled "Back to the Primitive". The lyrics I think are simple, direct and pertinent to the current times (apologies for the expletives)

His music is unique, and not dark - he infuses his music with tribal percussion's and instruments; his lyrics are anti establishment/Empire and he dedicates most of his albums to God.

Once i recall in an interview he was asked about metal; i can't recall the exact words but he said something like "Metal has this great energy and concept to it - i dont know why i like it lot, maybe we are all Vikings or soldiers in the past and that's why we like it ". Makes sense that metal could be war music; maybe.....just maybe that all those who dig metal out there were soldiers once in their past lives....

Um, Dois, Tres, Quatro...

Back to the primitive
F*** all your politics
We got our life to live
The way we want to be

Back to the primitive
F*** all your politics
Who feels it, knows it
And God will guide me

Back to the primitive
F*** all your bullshit
We're back to set it free
Confronting the negative

Back to the primitive
F*** all you wannabe's
You don't mean shit to me
Let it bleed!

Primitive
Primitive
Primitive
Primitive

Back to the primitive,
F*** all your politics,
We got our life to live
The way we want to be

Back to the primitive
F*** all your politics
How it used to be
Check your reality

Back to the primitive
F*** all your politics
F*** all your wannabes
Aaaaaarggghhh!

Back to the primitive
F*** all your politics
Forever we will be
What we want to be

Primitive
Primitive
Primitive
Primitive

This piece resonates in my center. The vibrations calm me but also sets off vibrations inside that are almost akin to 'joy', so I guess the title is quite apropos. :-D The fact that it is part of a 'good' flash mob adds to the happiness it brings.

Ode an die Freude ( Ode to Joy ) Beethoven Symphony No.9​

EDIT: add 'it'

Back
Top Bottom