What are you listening to?

I'd like to share this whole album, it is great!

The chorus of the first song repeats the following, and I can't help but relate it to The Wave 💙

We've got summer right here
in our hearts
And we move with the tide
We just float in the sun 'til
the big wave comes
Then we ride ride ride
Then we ride ride ride
Then we ride ride ride

I heard it for the first time today, but it was posted on their YT channel since 17 March.
Again, Muse brillantly demonstrates that they have much awarness than the average bands or artists. Thanks to them, I consider them at the same level on the musical side as for instance Joko (Novak) in the sport domain, they show the good example.

Note : lyrics are in the description of the clip

Moonlight Mile, by the Stones. The closing track from what is arguably their most enjoyable album, Sticky Fingers. I listen to this album often before going to bed, sends me off into a dreamy state. RIP Charlie Watts, his drumming was something else, a great feel for the context of a song.

Moonlight Mile, by the Stones. The closing track from what is arguably their most enjoyable album, Sticky Fingers. I listen to this album often before going to bed, sends me off into a dreamy state. RIP Charlie Watts, his drumming was something else, a great feel for the context of a song.

Interesting album to listen before bed, SlipNet....I've still got that album and all my vinyls.
Little story: I attended the Stone's Voodoo Lounge concert, and lots of grey haired original fans there. There was a young couple, maybe 18 - 20 years old, sitting in front of me, and I said to them, "Hey, cool, you guys are Stones fans."

To which they replied, "We're here because our parents told us to come." 😂

I like this from Sticky Fingers, too:

Edit...spelling

Interesting album to listen before bed, SlipNet....I've still got that album and all my vinyls.
Little story: I attended the Stone's Voodoo Lounge concert, and lots of grey haired original fans there. There was a young couple, maybe 18 - 20 years old, sitting in front of me, and I said to them, "Hey, cool, you guys are Stones fans."

To which they replied, "We're here because our parents told us to come." 😂
That's really interesting, I discovered the Stones through that Voodoo Lounge era. I was 19 and living in London, discovering much in knowledge and music. The Doors/Stones/Who/Led Zeppelin were my big discoveries in rock. Then later came Deep Purple and Pink Floyd. No one guided me, I just got into reading about music in books and magazines, and these bands were always featured. So I got it from writers, not my parents, lol. My folks are more into Dolly Parton and Johnny Cash, old school country fans. That period 1994-99 was a very fertile time for fresh discoveries.

I've got about 240 albums in my collection, my pride and joy along with my DVD's and books. Money well spent!:-)

Back
Top Bottom