What are you listening to?

@brandon ....I'm a rock dinosaur
😁 I bought Avalon album when it first came out
Dang! A mysterious a self posting post ...I wanted to add that Avalon was very different from Roxy Music's earlier stuff like
LOVE IS THE DRUG (Never could figure out why Bryan Ferry was wearin' that eye patch!)

ANI'T THAT SO:

Bryan Ferry: LET'S STICK TOGETHER (I think the woman is model Jerry Hall)

FYI @brandon

Dang! A mysterious a self posting post ...I wanted to add that Avalon was very different from Roxy Music's earlier stuff like
LOVE IS THE DRUG (Never could figure out why Bryan Ferry was wearin' that eye patch!)
Such a great song, "Love is The Drug". Phil's guitar is so tasteful and syncopated. Andy Summers might owe a thanks. The upstroke strumming is so underrated. The bubble machine and Bryan's Park Ranger uniform are really David Lynchy. The bass player nails the whole feel of the track, but Top of the Pops (or whichever UK show this was broadcast on) concentrates on the lip syncing ladies dressed like Swedish stewardesses. Ahh the 70's...

Such a great song, "Love is The Drug". Phil's guitar is so tasteful and syncopated. Andy Summers might owe a thanks. The upstroke strumming is so underrated. The bubble machine and Bryan's Park Ranger uniform are really David Lynchy. The bass player nails the whole feel of the track, but Top of the Pops (or whichever UK show this was broadcast on) concentrates on the lip syncing ladies dressed like Swedish stewardesses. Ahh the 70's...
This is the title track from the album right before Avalon. It didn't get played on radio here in Canada, but I found it later when I met a buddy in high school who was a Roxy fanatic (still is ;-). Amazing fretless bass line and such rich synth that perfectly decays with Ray's Fripp-esque on board distortion effect. The feel is so laid backed in the pocket. My "adjective" for Roxy has always been "Halcyon".

Flesh and Blood - Roxy Music

Back
Top Bottom