What are you listening to?

The first video is the one that inspired me the most. Every musician is somehow one with his instrument. For this reason although the piece is the same, they are different. As the Cs say: "Music for the soul".
Agreed. When the woman began to play her oboe, I got chills..beautiful! The second rendition did not have any affect on me....
I wonder if others might be affected so by the man's playing?
Thanks, Stella Marys! 💖

I went to this god forsaken school in Fort Benning.
Never heard this before but what a tragic-comic song. So many things went through my mind. Young men with so much potential believing they were fighting for "King and Country" Young bodies crushed and broken. And whilst thinking all this I'm imagining the reason were here, souls looking to experience physicality i.e. what they cannot experience in the spirit.....pain, anger loss jealousy etc.

Maybe I should have waited to post when I had formulated my thoughts better but I wanted to say what reactions this song has on me.

I really am pleased you are not going to "jump" again unless it's for your own enjoyment.
I think the song is classified Black Humour although that's politically incorrect nowadays.!!!!!

Agreed. When the woman began to play her oboe, I got chills..beautiful! The second rendition did not have any affect on me....
I wonder if others might be affected so by the man's playing?
Thanks, Stella Marys! 💖

Hello Zzatermis.:-) There is quite a bit to analyze about this. I want to correct a mistake I had in my previous post and it is about something the C's said at the September 13, 2009 session:

" Music to communicate with the soul".

Music is like a vehicle to connect with the divine. It is a spiritual activity. Maybe that is what moves us because it reminds us of that connection. It also influences body and mind. In one of the comments on the first video, a person said something important about Ennio:

"Ennio Morricone said that sometimes ideas for music came to him in his dreams which is why he always slept with a notepad and a pencil by his bed. This truly is music of dreams. Heavenly dreams. I have no words. Even after 30 years ( since I heard it for the first time), it still brings on elation and tears. Every time, without a fail".

I didn't look into this yet, but I know local musicians and other artists who have had this experience. Through the dream world they take shape their ideas and bring them into this reality. No wonder this is true.

Greetings and thanks for the music!🎶:flowers:

Never heard this before but what a tragic-comic song. So many things went through my mind. Young men with so much potential believing they were fighting for "King and Country" Young bodies crushed and broken. And whilst thinking all this I'm imagining the reason were here, souls looking to experience physicality i.e. what they cannot experience in the spirit.....pain, anger loss jealousy etc.

Maybe I should have waited to post when I had formulated my thoughts better but I wanted to say what reactions this song has on me.

I really am pleased you are not going to "jump" again unless it's for your own enjoyment.
I think the song is classified Black Humour although that's politically incorrect nowadays.!!!!!
It’s not really black humor to me, it just talks about people who go to war and what can happen. Men need to defend what’s right and good, and they can die doing that. The song is just a metaphor.

I don’t know why everyone defaults to the “King and country” argument as to why men go to war, all the decent men I knew would go to protect their families. There’s a spectrum of reasons obviously.

I’d still “jump” for the right reasons, not because I’m getting ordered. Men don’t really do those types of things for enjoyment. In many ways fighting against things here is a thankless task.

But to keep to the music theme and men singing in harmony, here’s an easier song to listen to. Stan Rogers wrote his own Sea Shanty so he could sing the lead after hanging around the Irish fisherman(if I recall correctly)

Back
Top Bottom