What are you listening to?

Here is a french writer-composer that works music as a therapy, his pseudo is: DOWN BY BREATH
As our band: BlueToad is preparing an album for 2020 entitled: MIEUX ICI QU'EN FACE (better here then across the street...)
We contacted 13 french indie artists to each create a song with us (US being FRENCHIES in Québec) in french (multilingual welcome) about the state of the world NOW! Bearing in mind that we COUNT OUR BLESSINGS!

The project is on the rails, and here is what DOWN BY BREATH has online so far:

Khadja Nin
Mzee Mandela:
Ubuntu (Zulu pronunciation: [ùɓúntʼù])[1] is a Nguni Bantu term meaning "humanity." It is often translated as "I am because we are," or "humanity towards others," but is often used in a more philosophical sense to mean "the belief in a universal bond of sharing that connects all humanity."
Michael Onyebuchi Eze:
'A person is a person through other people' strikes an affirmation of one’s humanity through recognition of an ‘other’ in his or her uniqueness and difference. It is a demand for a creative intersubjective formation in which the ‘other’ becomes a mirror (but only a mirror) for my subjectivity. This idealism suggests to us that humanity is not embedded in my person solely as an individual; my humanity is co-substantively bestowed upon the other and me. Humanity is a quality we owe to each other. We create each other and need to sustain this otherness creation. And if we belong to each other, we participate in our creations: we are because you are, and since you are, definitely I am. The ‘I am’ is not a rigid subject, but a dynamic self-constitution dependent on this otherness creation of relation and distance.

Received an anti-war music video by Kim Cheshire (Australian), which is more rare in our times now - nothing uplifting here:

"I have just completed an anti war project with songwriter Kevin Bennett and filmmaker Stephen James King called "Wake Me Up (When the War is Over)". This project is our attempt to raise awareness of the issues of escalating warfare that seem to have unfortunately developed into a daily occurrence in all of our lives at this time in history."

And he might have said, do people really notice anyway - sometimes one wonders (which is what his music/video points out).

The video has some very graphic scenes (warning), so I'll just link to the video song at his website.

Anyway, there is no fooling anyone here that we have not been born under extreme pathological conditions nested on an amazing little planet that offers up such juxtaposed beauty. Like all of us born under these never ending pathological conditions of war, spent time at Christmas with a little grandchild who must also now grow under this 'Ponerized' political war canopy...when they ask why, it is damn sad.

May 2020 offer up a reprieve from all this horrendous BS. Keep safe all!

Lyrics: Wake Me Up (When the War is Over
CHORUS

I saw a peace sign on a burned out building “Make Love Not War” “Don’t Trust the Government” “The Media’s a -jezebel-” and another fifteen refugees just washed up on the shore. Wake me up when the war is over I can’t stand it anymore.

Well I work my job, I make my pay and I keep my family fed
I read my kids sweet bedtime stories and tuck them into bed
I love em, feed em, educate em and send them on their way
To a disappearing future in a world that’s gone astray.

CHORUS

Well I’ve watched this game of politics since I was just a kid
Now they’re tracking us like animals, where we’ve been and what we did
Now the odds are stacked against us when the truth becomes a lie
And the multi-national corporations suck this planet dry.

CHORUS

(Additional lyrics by Kevin Bennett)

It’s true we’re living in troubled times, like it’s always been.
Advocate fear and hate, it’s a downright sin
Womanising, sermonising, demonising fools.
Tiny soundbite victories
In the war of ridicule.

--------

I believe, as is apparent from the lyrical content of the song, that generally speaking the mainstream media has become journalistically complacent and subject to political and corporate interests.

There are many worthwhile and credible alternative web sites that are attempting to expand the discourse of these issues and I encourage you to seek them out, should you feel inclined. It is useful to remember that the Internet is also an unwieldy and precarious beast and should be treated with extreme caution; please be careful and good luck.

Here are just a few of my personal favourites:

1577828600265.png

Note: in quoting the actual lyrics “The Media’s a -jezebel-”, the quote box automatically changes it to "The Media’s a -jezebel-” - odd?

Ragnarök belong to the rich Swedish tradition of moody instrumental theme writers (ranging from Bo Hanson to Björn Jason Lindh ).Their first album from 1976, was a revelation of soft, jazzy instrumental rock based on twin guitars, keyboards and sometimes flute. Dagarnas Skum perfectly depicted calm Nordic summer evenings-beautiful, yet cold.

'A person is a person through other people' strikes an affirmation of one’s humanity through recognition of an ‘other’ in his or her uniqueness and difference. It is a demand for a creative intersubjective formation in which the ‘other’ becomes a mirror (but only a mirror) for my subjectivity. This idealism suggests to us that humanity is not embedded in my person solely as an individual; my humanity is co-substantively bestowed upon the other and me. Humanity is a quality we owe to each other. We create each other and need to sustain this otherness creation. And if we belong to each other, we participate in our creations: we are because you are, and since you are, definitely I am. The ‘I am’ is not a rigid subject, but a dynamic self-constitution dependent on this otherness creation of relation and distance.

What a wonderful way to express humanity. Deeply moving.

Received an anti-war music video by Kim Cheshire (Australian), which is more rare in our times now - nothing uplifting here:

Nothing changes really, all war songs from any decade sound the same. Basically A LAMENT FOR HUMANITY. Joan Baez could have sung the exact same song which just reflects what humanity's view of war always is.

The video IS shocking to all who can be shocked. Those who cannot be shocked are the perpetrators. Thank you for showing as a necessary reminder of why we are trying to raise our vibrations.

Back
Top Bottom