What are you listening to?

Here is one of my favorite songs:

And here Rick Beato explains what makes this song great and how there is practically nothing in popular music today that comes even remotely close to the arrangement and musical knowhow. What is produced in popular music nowadays is IMO in large parts a total disgrace.

Here Beato explains some reasons behind the incredible degradation of music in the last decades:

Last edited:
And another all-time favorite of mine that gives me goosebumps every time. Incredible song that can only be describes as heavenly IMO. Apart from the incredible arrangement, the lyrics are stellar and moving beyond comprehension:

"Rigs of the Time" - an English folk ballad performed by Tarren; featuring Bristol-based artists Sid Goldsmith, Alex Garden and Danny Pedler.

An old song that always seems to be relevant. Many artists have had their go at editing this song to call out the swindlers of the day and we suspect we'll be generating endless verses as we go on playing this one

Tarren

Official video for "In A Lifetime (Live)" by Clannad featuring Denise Chaila.

Originally released in 1985 with Bono of U2 as the featured vocalist. The new version featuring Denise Chaila (The Guardian’s ‘One To Watch’ and winner of RTÉ Choice Music Award ‘ALBUM OF THE YEAR) was recorded live in Donegal, the band’s family home and beautifully captured in the accompanying live video from Dunlewey Church overlooking the Poison Glen.

My preferred song from my preferred band "Archive"
Lyrics had a strong effect on me in the past, what i understand is that they describe a relation between 2 persons (i suppose a man and a woman) which terminated (oh common it is), but the whole song is like magical to me, it helped me to open myself to more introspection in regard to my relations, I would even dare to say a similar effect to reading romantic fictions, but using another "method" ^^
I linked the long version, 15m of "bonheur", enjoy :-)

[...]

Here Beato explains some reasons behind the incredible degradation of music in the last decades:

Here is short discussion that relates to the above. One interesting idea that comes out of it is that somehow the idea of different people playing/practicing music together in a group/community setting (like in a band with different instruments) has become rather rare and might be contributing to the change in popular music.

Back
Top Bottom