WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THE POSITION IN YOUR PROFILE

alberto

The Force is Strong With This One
I have a question.
What is the meaning of the position in the profiles of all members?
I noticed that in my profile I went from "The force is strong with this one" to A disturbance in the force".
What are the meaning of all different positions?
Thank you in advance.

Hi alberto,

The forum uses a ranking system based on the number of postings of a member and it's based on the "Star Wars" movie. In other words, as your number of post increases, so does your "ranking". The "ranks" are as follows:

1)A Disturbance in the Force
2)The Force is Strong With This One
3)Padawan Learner
4)Jedi
5)Jedi Master
6)Jedi Council Member
7)Dagobah Resident
8)The Living Force
You will also notice members as "administrator", "moderator" and "ambassador" but these positions have nothing to do with the number of posts. :cool2:

Re: Am I really a disturbance in the force?

ifrakhaliq said:
Hello!

Can't I change this description of myself that was given to me on default? :(

It's not so bad, remember that in Star Wars Luke Skywalker was described as a "disturbance in the force" by the Emperor. So you've got good company there. ;) But really, it's something that once your post count rises, your "tag" will change, from what it is now to something like Dagobah Resident or Jedi Master depending on the number of posts you have made. That's not so bad is it?

ifrakhaliq said:
Oh! You relieved me :)

Yes, it's just the automated system based on a Star Wars theme because the tekkies who run they system are Star Wars fans and the rest of us let them play since they have hard jobs keeping things running.

I personally love it!!
I don't normally know what to add to the forum so even after a year im still a disturbance in the force, but we are!! the force thats trying to control us is slowly being disturbed by more and more of us learning and gaining knowledge :)

Oh, sorry I just commented on the wrong thread :P

Well as you've been explained its because of the people in charge of keeping run the forum.

A Disturbance in The Force

This is posted under my name. I googled it and have ascertained that a "disturbance in the force" is caused by some grievous act perpetuated by someone on the Dark Side. Sensitives can feel a disturbance as a shock or illness, an emotional trauma.

The nature of this forum indicates that it isn't a joke or light hearted.

I'd like to know what it means in reference to me personally.

Re: A Disturbance in The Force

Hi Jodi,

The "tag" is the automated forum system based on a Star Wars theme. It's based on your post count, and when it rises, it'll change to another "tag". If you watched the film, Luke Skywalker was described as a "disturbance in the force" by the Evil Emperor, so it's a good thing. :)

Ok. Thank you for such a quick response! I feel a lot better.

To expand on this further, a "disturbance in the force" is just that. A Disturbance. It is neither good nor bad, it just is. The implied value depends on the context, and how that disturbance interacts with others. Only you can determine whether your "disturbance" is good or bad.

And since the tekkies who keep the forum software up and running decided on the theme, we don't want to disturb their Jedi powers by telling them they can't decorate things the way they like.

Is there a way to see how many posts I have to write to achieve higher ranks?

I guess, there is one 'access unlocked' achievement - when you have more than 50 posts.
Do higher levels exists?

Back
Top Bottom