What is this man trying to do?

Apparently he's trying to alter (or remove completely) the double stripe in the middle of the road, but I'm at a loss as to what purpose exactly.

Maybe the existing markings prevent people from turning over ?

Usually these double stripes preclude overtaking and/or changing lanes AFAIK.

I think he wants to get out his car from the parking directly on the other lane without breaking the law, if we could say it that way :lol:

It looks like he,s hacking at the center seam that joins both sides of the highway in the middle, more so then attacking the painted lines. And he has a little bucket there to put something in, or has something in.
Maybe he,s breaking ground to install those reflector strips that help people stay in the proper lane when the
Sun goes down..?

Meager1 said:
It looks like he,s hacking at the center seam that joins both sides of the highway in the middle, more so then attacking the painted lines. And he has a little bucket there to put something in, or has something in.
Maybe he,s breaking ground to install those reflector strips that help people stay in the proper lane when the
Sun goes down..?

YEP my thoughts exactly.
Anyone in the UK remember cats Eyes in the roads ?
catseyes_415x275.jpg

Altair said:

Any ideas? :lol:

It's pretty obvious that he's make his axe blunt! :lol:

If you watch towards the end where the cameraman zooms in, he's definitely hitting the white paint, and there are white paint chips all around him. So he seems to be trying to remove a section of the double white lines that prevent turning left or right along that stretch of road, so that he can turn right or left. Maybe that's his Landrover in the background.

Joe said:
[...]
My guess would be that he's trying to remove a section of the double white lines that prevent turning left or right along that stretch of road, so that he can turn right or left. Maybe that's his Landrover in the background.

My thoughts went into a similar direction:

He tries to remove the continuous pavement strip (he is doing it on both strips) because the house behind him is his house (or where he has to go often, because of work, or something similar) and he has to turn into and out off that road part, to get from and to that house orderly (trying to enforce traffic law by himself)? Because he wants to make it lawful/safe, so that he and maybe others can drive there like it is supposed to be (namely a interrupted strip line at that point)? The canister he will probably use later on to remove the rest of the strip colour (he has now "loosened" with the axe) more easily with petroleum ether? As for why he must use an axe in the first place, my answer would be, because he is probably a russian and they just do stuff differently at times? :lol:

Joe said:
Altair said:

Any ideas? :lol:

It's pretty obvious that he's make his axe blunt! :lol:

If you watch towards the end where the cameraman zooms in, he's definitely hitting the white paint, and there are white paint chips all around him. So he seems to be trying to remove a section of the double white lines that prevent turning left or right along that stretch of road, so that he can turn right or left. Maybe that's his Landrover in the background.

Yes. He regularly parks his car in the parking space in the background and the double white lines prevented him from turning into it. Instead he had to make a detour.

The video was filmed in Tolyatti, Russia.

I think that using a specific color removal would be more effective. ;)

So, it would be more legal, to chop up a highway with a hatchet then to cross over the solid lines..?

I'm a supporter of do it yourselfers but this guy takes it to another level.

Altair said:
Yes. He regularly parks his car in the parking space in the background and the double white lines prevented him from turning into it. Instead he had to make a detour.

The video was filmed in Tolyatti, Russia.
And, he preferres to be ticked to "harm the city" instead of taking the detour? why I wonder.... because he does not seem to be too succesful, it will take its time, perhaps police get earlier and, lines does not work like that, at least here, even though he "erased" it, a 2m erased line do not means to be able to turn left ...people are weird sometimes :huh:

Meager1 said:
So, it would be more legal, to chop up a highway with a hatchet then to cross over the solid lines..?

LOL, all I know is that in Germany, something like this would never happen. You guys really cracked me up btw, thanks for that!

Meager1 said:

My thought's too. He is driving a Range Rover after all... ;)

Keit said:
I think that using a specific color removal would be more effective. ;)

Yeah, a spray can of black paint would have done the job in 30 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom