What is Your Personal Antiviral Protocol?

I confirm that everything that's been written up to now is somewhat what we use here.
I did not know the importance of Listerine Mouthwash (original formula with essential oils), so thanks a lot for that info!

Prevention with Fermented food for Pre/Probiotics
- Kombucha and/or Lacto fermented vegetable juice, first thing in the morning before eating.
- I make overnight oatmeal in the fridge using no-dairy kefir and almond milk. The kefir brand I use has 10 strains (2 or 3 strains of bifidobacterium) for up to 2 billion probiotics per 1 cup serving.
- I add homemade Kimchi to my rice ( I buy it from a nice Korean lady)

Cooking
- Cooking with lots of onion and garlic
- Kale and spinach smoothies (kale has lot's of vit K)
- Lot's of chicken broth and vegetable soups

As for the nuke once sick
- ColoÏdal silver spray for nose and throat
- Nose and Throat wash with water, salt and Sodium Bicarbonate
- Vit D, Liposomal C, Zinc with Quercetine, Artemisia Annua tincture, Elderberry juice concentrated extract,
- Rest + lots of liquid

That's pretty interesting research. My doc wants me to take low dose aspirin, but the only ones available are enteric coated.

I wonder about something like this:

And I wonder how much you would need to take to match the 81mg dose.
That's the Salicylic Acid alright. Not the best price, I purchased 500 grams for 37$ last July, but that item is no longer listed!. I cap my own using a capsule machine, and I have a scale that measures in mg, so I am taking much more that 81mg. I also take 325mg of Aspirin, a Walmart brand called Equate that claims to only contain ASA. 81 mg is OK Glenn, but unless you have stomach problems with Aspirin, I would not worry about taking larger doses, it is a pretty benign drug, unlike the tweaks made to the competing brands (Ibuprofen, tylenol, etc) in order to make more money as they are patented. That stuff is actually bad for the heart, the liver, etc. You could get eensy teensy measuring spoons also, but I am not sure which size would approx. 81mg
Your doctor probably recommended Aspirin as it has a blood thinning effect. I have been on the Warfarin blood thinner in the past, but got off as I was concerned about its effect on my liver. I wish I'd known about Aspirin/Salicylic Acid back then.

What was the original Listerine?

Listerine, a mouthrinse composed of a mixture of essential oils, was created in 1879 and was originally formulated as a surgical antiseptic. In spite of its known antimicrobial properties it was thought of as a product in search of a use and promoted as a deterrent for halitosis and as a floor cleaner.
Floor cleaner???
That makes sense. Some people also use grapefruit seed extract (liquid) for that purpose.

As you mentioned grapefruit in your post, Lyndi Lama, apparently grapefruit seed extract (liquid) also works when you have digestive symptoms (FWIW) apart from it being suitable for throat gargles and mouth/nasal/sinus wash.
Grapefruit seed extract uses are numerous due to its action as a highly concentrated, natural general antimicrobial and antioxidant. Benefits include killing all kinds of infectious microbes—bacterial, viral, and fungal—at least in test tube and animal studies.[1,2]
They also use Listerine in Venezuela in hospitals when materials are lacking:
Home treatments are also very popular. In Venezuela, mouthwash (especially Listerine) and Vicks
VapoRub are used for multiple infections, including this one. The truth is that these products contain
several ingredients that guarantee them as powerful antiseptics.

In the hospital where I work, as there are not always all the necessary materials, we use a lot of Listerine
for different types of bacterial and fungal infections, wounds, gangrene, and diabetic foot,
among
others, with satisfactory results.

Obviously, this type of treatment does not replace what a drug designed specifically for that condition
does. But I have to say that they are tools that you have to know about and that give very effective results
when it is the only thing you have on hand.
The Venezuelan doctor that co-authored the book Home Doctor: Practical Medicine for Every Household mentions Listerine again as a treatment for cleaning ulcers (graphic footage!).

- I make overnight oatmeal in the fridge using no-dairy kefir and almond milk.
- Kale and spinach smoothies
Hi meadow_wind, just a friendly reminder that oatmeal contains gluten and spinach lots of oxylates.
TBH, spinach is by far the worst vegetable that I know of, and under no circumstance should someone juice the stuff. Funnily enough I made a video specifically on this (below). There are numerous case studies showing acute kidney failure from juicing spinach. A juice can contain upwards of 1 gram in just 200ml. This is enough to cause kidney failure.

Hi meadow_wind, just a friendly reminder that oatmeal contains gluten and spinach lots of oxylates.
I'm not sensitive to gluten, but thanks for letting me know about spinach!
Luckily enough, I've always only put a handful of the stuff in the blender, and it makes at least 3 portions, so I doubt it had any significant negative impact.
Does it make a difference if it is baby spinach? I wonder what the concentration is in baby vs mature leaf...

Not all of it, if you can believe the packaging. Some oatmeal says "gluten free" while others do not. :huh:
Yes. Oats do not contain gluten. They do have a protein called avenin, which is similar to gluten and a sensitive celiac may react to it.
The difference between oats and 'gluten-free oats' is apparently oats processed with machinery that also process gluten grains such as wheat may pick up traces of gluten, whereas 'gluten free oats' is processed with machinery that has been cleaned or is only used for oats. So, no contamination with gluten.

I don't recall being sick much since I had covid, but if I feel something coming on I'll have a cocktail of IV, HCQ, salt, electrolytes, B complex and zinc. I don't bother with vitamin C much anymore. I think exercise and getting out daily for walks and natural light helps a lot too.

I make overnight oatmeal in the fridge using no-dairy kefir and almond milk.
Almonds are well known to be high in oxalates, too - typically near the top of any list.

One sample article list both low and high-oxalate nuts: Low Oxalate Nuts & Seeds
  • Almonds (122mg oxalate per ounce) – don’t forget almond butter, flour and milk are high in oxalate too!

And another:
One ounce of almonds, or about 22 nuts, contains 122 milligrams of oxalates.

I saw a video on this a year ago, don't remember the name or author, but saved this image. Suggests to stick to Pistachios and Macadamias.
1707429559971.png

Oats do not contain gluten.
That would explain why I seem to digest oats without any problem! I can have big portions of it and feel fine. Wheat products on the other hand (bread and pasta), I have to be careful because it constipate me, and too big a portion will make me feel sleepy/slow digestion.
Thanks for the info!

Almonds are well known to be high in oxalates, too - typically near the top of any list.
Holy molly! That's a scary chart! Another thing I didn't know.
My aunt once told me we need to soak almonds overnight in order to be able to eat them, otherwise they are toxic. Is that related to the oxalate or something else? I'm going to ask chat GPT... 😅

Here is the answer:
Soaking almonds overnight can potentially reduce their oxalate content, as well as other antinutrients like phytic acid. However, the extent of this reduction may vary, and it's not guaranteed to eliminate all oxalates. While soaking can make almonds more digestible and improve nutrient absorption, it's essential to remember that they will still contain some level of oxalates even after soaking. Therefore, individuals who need to limit oxalate intake should continue to consume almonds in moderation, even if they have been soaked overnight.

I think it was for phytic acid if my memory is good.

Guys, I'm a cereal addict for breakfast and I can't have dairy anymore :( Soy milk is questionable, almond milk is toxic, and anyways they add Calcium Carbonate in those drinks which is contaminated with Lead.
What's left as a milk alternative? Homemade Oat milk?
Since everything is contaminated anyway, I might as well have my cereals with water 🤣
What do you have for breakfast? Maybe I could change my cereal habit.

Sorry this discussion is diverging from the original topic, but thanks for all this info :)

Guys, I'm a cereal addict for breakfast and I can't have dairy anymore :( Soy milk is questionable, almond milk is toxic, and anyways they add Calcium Carbonate in those drinks which is contaminated with Lead.
Since everything is contaminated anyway, I might as well have my cereals with water 🤣
I use coconut milk. or coconut cream blended with a little water. very similar to dairy(cow/goat/sheep) milk

That would explain why I seem to digest oats without any problem! I can have big portions of it and feel fine. Wheat products on the other hand (bread and pasta), I have to be careful because it constipate me, and too big a portion will make me feel sleepy/slow digestion.
Thanks for the info!

Holy molly! That's a scary chart! Another thing I didn't know.
My aunt once told me we need to soak almonds overnight in order to be able to eat them, otherwise they are toxic. Is that related to the oxalate or something else? I'm going to ask chat GPT... 😅

Here is the answer:
Soaking almonds overnight can potentially reduce their oxalate content, as well as other antinutrients like phytic acid. However, the extent of this reduction may vary, and it's not guaranteed to eliminate all oxalates. While soaking can make almonds more digestible and improve nutrient absorption, it's essential to remember that they will still contain some level of oxalates even after soaking. Therefore, individuals who need to limit oxalate intake should continue to consume almonds in moderation, even if they have been soaked overnight.

I think it was for phytic acid if my memory is good.

Sorry this discussion is diverging from the original topic, but thanks for all this info :)
Breakfast for me would be eggs, maybe 2, however you like them, and a nice bit of beef skirt. Never cereals! Terrible stuff, imo, slurry! Oats are great, the Scots will tell you that!

Back
Top Bottom