What sort of idiot are you?

[quote author=Johnno]
I'm still trying to work out what Gurdjieff's term "psychopathic" means. I don't think it relates to modern terminology.

What we term as psychopath Gurdjieff refers to the power possessing beings or Hasnamuss (roughly translated as "sh*t soul").[/quote]

Maybe Johnno also along the line by G.B Shaw

Patriotism is a pernicious, psychopathic form of idiocy

Was saving this for the osama saga exemplified by flaming patriotic idiocy and as an ode to village idiots both past and present, in and out of office; but it applies here perhaps, too?

Ordinary idiot.

So oftenly I catch myself on self importance and that I am unique and self sufficient and from the list of idiots my first impression was to find something special something distinguisheable that after all it must be ordinary idiot :D.

... And background voice is hissing: what are you talking about! you are special! you are ruining yourself!... :D... So I am ordinary idiot :) and I feel more real with that. More alive human being and not only imagination of self. Nice exercise.

Without any hesitation, I choose "compassionate idiot." I have a tendency to allow my emotions to override my thoughts at times and this has caused me to run into problems.

Probably a zigzag idiot. I often don't know which way I'm going or why. Or maybe just an ordinary idiot.

Probably a compulsive idiot.
I can walk into Tim Hortons with the idea of ONLY getting a herbal tea, glance-just glance-at a frosted cinnamon roll, and it's all over baby. Next thing ya know I'm horquing down that frosted goody, and an extra large coffee with cream. There's just no resistance, almost like there's an invisible magnet running from me to the roll and coffee.
Oh well, if at first you don't succeed..... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

Perhaps like Ruth ... and if it were to be an option ;D I would be an inferno idiot ;D ...

I understand Gurdjieff's referencing to psychopaths. Perhaps that is the thing that led me here to post, as my understanding runs deeply.

I am unsure as to what kind of idiot I currently am, however this thread caused me to wonder:
Perhaps, given understanding of STS principles and working to apply understanding of STO principles, it could then be stated that (from a certain "point-of view") the biggest "mistake" the Predator ever made was to give man the Predator's Mind. I wonder this because it seems that, if one is of STS alignment and able to only see what one wants to see, control of 3rd Density STS Man through confusion/perception is all but ensured, "hopefully" indefinitely.

Well it appears so far that I am an unsure, wondering idiot....I guess that wasn't so hard to figure out :)

Moving on, from another "point of view", however, the Predator's Mind may be seen as a gift. What comes to mind is this (little heavy on the bolding, but it seemed to stand out):

Working to understand STO principles...

It seems that, when viewed from a STS/Predator standpoint, those working to understand the self and align towards STO would possiprobably cause those of said standpoint to become angry due to fear of losing control - for starters. This, I imagine, would lead to much emotion-driven activity over what could be viewed as a potentially..................Dangerous Idiot?

I'll stop here, as I am beginning to consider that I may be a noisy idiot as well.
Thank you for this. It is worth reading over and over to get it. Makes me a slow idiot? The comments on Discipline are most helpful and worthy of practice. Thanks

If everything is a school and all there is is lessons, calling another idiot for reaching a point of understanding by a particular circumstance of existence does not make you more of an idiot and egocentric? yes, that word has become part of my vocabulary but if I suffered and acted as an idiot what right do I have to call others idiots if their way of being is part of what they must do to learn and to teach others directly and indirectly, consciously and unconsciously to others about themselves? They say that acquiring knowledge makes a person believe that he/she is above others, isn't that something to be more careful about? Why is it that the more knowledge is acquired, the more the ego grows against the "humility" and unconditional acceptance that should be obtained by understanding the naturalness of others to be what they are?

yes, that word has become part of my vocabulary but if I suffered and acted as an idiot what right do I have to call others idiots if their way of being is part of what they must do to learn and to teach others directly and indirectly, consciously and unconsciously to others about themselves?
Chances are that all of us are idiots in one way or another (or in multiple ways). And if we walk around avoiding calling each other out for being idiots, then does not that reinforce the misconception that we are not idiots? Presumably we also avoid calling someone an idiot in order to avoid conflict.

But think back to when you were an immature youth: Did you and your friends freely called each other idiots or worse? I know that was true for me. Was it "better" or "worse" or...no difference? We have idiots ruling the world and our existence in it. Calling them idiots seems to make no difference. But they go to great lengths to convince us otherwise. I think if a person is on a path of true enlightenment, it can actually help them on their journey to be called an idiot! That was the case for me, anyway.
They say that acquiring knowledge makes a person believe that he/she is above others, isn't that something to be more careful about?
Who is "they" and could "they" be mistaken about this?
Why is it that the more knowledge is acquired, the more the ego grows against the "humility" and unconditional acceptance that should be obtained by understanding the naturalness of others to be what they are?
Who says this is true? IS it true? Why believe it?

Punchline: If the ego grows beyond humility, perhaps it was not actually knowledge that was acquired.

Chances are that all of us are idiots in one way or another (or in multiple ways). And if we walk around avoiding calling each other out for being idiots, then does not that reinforce the misconception that we are not idiots? Presumably we also avoid calling someone an idiot in order to avoid conflict.

But think back to when you were an immature youth: Did you and your friends freely called each other idiots or worse? I know that was true for me. Was it "better" or "worse" or...no difference? We have idiots ruling the world and our existence in it. Calling them idiots seems to make no difference. But they go to great lengths to convince us otherwise. I think if a person is on a path of true enlightenment, it can actually help them on their journey to be called an idiot! That was the case for me, anyway.

Punchline: If the ego grows beyond humility, perhaps it was not actually knowledge that was acquired.

Not exactly from that point, I start from the point where you don't have to offend someone to let them know the path they are taking, I explain? And I am contradicting myself at the same time, as I said above, "idiot" has been part of my vocabulary when I have reached a certain point where I can see the results to which the decisions that other people make can lead. That you acquire knowledge, does not imply that you have discarded or overcome other aspects of your life, there is a pattern. Calling a friend an idiot for triviality and informal language is different from calling someone an idiot for not doing the job as you expect (esoteric work) I explain? maybe I don't quite understand what they mean in this thread and that's why my question, because have I gone through that ego of calling the person who doesn't see what I see an idiot and that only feeds my ego and is something to work on because then what is the external consideration and the supposed help if I tell you that you are an idiot at first?

Who says this is true? IS it true? Why believe it?
I do not understand. I'm just trying to apply basic virtue and common sense, it doesn't have to be a truth or golden rule. I mean that if I acquire knowledge, at the same time I should develop or cultivate enough empathy to remind myself, in the other person's situation and not judge him or label him as an "idiot" just because now I can "see" and that person can't. On a political level yes, sometimes I say to myself "really these are the cosmic idiots who are behind the veil?"how do they make you suffer, all this bloody existence in the hands of these idiots? yes, I shout it to the fourth winds (laughs).

Back
Top Bottom