What to do with money, if you have something left in the bank ?

Regarding banks, it might depend upon where you live and how much the cash is used, but for Balkans, local economic experts suggest to withdraw money from banks.
Many suggest to invest in gold, but I would only invest part of my funds in gold (and silver). It might be difficult to deal with when you need something small to trade.
I think the rest, as it was discussed, should be invested in food, tools, medical&chemical products and other stuff for survival.

World Made by Hand is a novel by James Howard Kunstler about a small New England community dealing with various hardships and needful mindset adjustments following the decline of peak oil. It is first in a series, but the only one I read. Anyway, the real winner in the story was a fellow that saw all of it all coming well ahead. He bought land, gradually established a large working plantation with old fashioned, non-electric equipment, set up the big and smaller houses for 19th Century life with himself as the lord and master. As skilled people fell on hard times, he invited them to come live on his land and work for him. No other spoilers.

That's a nice little kettle, albeit pricey. I like the design for a quick boil and also use of heat for cooking at the same time.
Aye, I got mine for half price as it was submerged in seawater on the trip over. Needs a couple of extra holes in the fire base to really cook food on. The top fitting is really only useful as a warmer and makes it top heavy and unstable but it's the best thing for boiling water!

How many drops needed and could it be use for continue use?
it depends on the concentration of your lugols, and the suspensions in the water - if it is unfiltered with particles or worse, cloudy? It'll take something like x2 or more. I think it's 1 drop 10% per clean liter, or working from that number depending on lugol concentration and water quality.

I'm not really worried about short or mid-term use. I suppose you learn to gauge not to put too much, and as you wait for the water to sit the iodine should react with most of the materials in the floaties and precipitate, or at least denature the moleculas etc. I'd hope that most of it precipitates, and not much would end up bio-available to you and affecting your supplementation. Either way, I currently supplement at 1 drop 7% a day, I guess I'd just stop using it for separate supplementation if I already used some for purifying the water.

I'm really not sure about that last one, and it's a good question. Does iodine that works toward purifying the water still count as part of supplementation? Does most of it precipitate out, or do you take in the denatured materials, and if so, do they remain bio-available? It's something I now want to learn :)

Edit; Worth mentioning is that if you plan to maybe purify water with iodine, make sure that you find iodine-safe materials for your water countainer. You don't want to have iodine-rich water leeching metals off glass, or all types of petrochemical garbage from plastic, while the water 'sits to purify'. You might need to look into it!

Last edited:
I did some last minute shopping yesterday and yes the shelves are beginning to empty. I had to buy 2 batteries for my diesel truck and the price has gone up about $50 each, $174 now. I bought kitty litter at tractor supply, they need to bring out a new pallet. I bought the last battery trickle charger that tractor supply had available along with the last 2 on the shelve at menards. I bought the last can of pure turpentine menards had on the shelve. Tractor supply was out of fish antibiotics and they also raised the price of ivermectin from $12 to $16. Only 6 of one brand left and l bought 2 of those. A fella remarked to me at menards that some items are missing and I nodded in agreement. It's getting a little late in the game to be stocking and once the normies get wind that scarcity is once again a thing the shelves will be emptied within days. Good luck with that Thanksgiving Turkey, I've been asking my wife to buy one as soon as she sees them available. Finally they are just beginning to arrive and at $3.39@lb. lol, gone are the .29@lb days and I'm thinking many will go without turkey this holiday season. Sad

What would you consider the most crucial supplements to stock up for yourself and relatives ?

I'm thinking about starting to stock up on some that might be hard or more expensive to obtain somewhere down the line. Right now, I'm thinking : Magnesium, Vitamin C, Melatonin, NAC, R Lipoic Acid, Vit D, Iodine, B complex, selenium.

What would you consider the most crucial supplements to stock up for yourself and relatives ?

I'm thinking about starting to stock up on some that might be hard or more expensive to obtain somewhere down the line. Right now, I'm thinking : Magnesium, Vitamin C, Melatonin, NAC, R Lipoic Acid, Vit D, Iodine, B complex, selenium.
Zinc, Dandelion root, Tumeric/Pepper, Artemesia Annua (wormwood), homemade Hydroxychloroquine, good multivitamins for the minerals etc. Just off the top of my head for now.

Guys, Joe mentioned on the last Youtube podcast that maybe it is now the last moment to purchase silver if someone has some spare cash.

I have some savings (not much like 5 salaries) in the bank and I recently withdrew half, but with the current inflation I am afraid it will lose value rapidly very soon. I was recently thinking about purchasing some silver, since during the Great Depression silver went up in price several times, while gold only a few times. And then Joe mentioned that the supply of silver will be decreased next year and maybe it is time buy some, and this made me think to turn some of the cash into silver coins of 1oz each. I can buy like 50 pieces of silver in coins and have them delivered in 1 day. Silver coins are easy to exchange for goods in case a need arises.

I did most of my preparations last year, so I got lots of stuff purchased from canned food to solar panels, so I am missing only some precious metals to feel a bit more secure.

What do you guys think about it? Is it a good idea?

Guys, Joe mentioned on the last Youtube podcast that maybe it is now the last moment to purchase silver if someone has some spare cash.

I have some savings (not much like 5 salaries) in the bank and I recently withdrew half, but with the current inflation I am afraid it will lose value rapidly very soon. I was recently thinking about purchasing some silver, since during the Great Depression silver went up in price several times, while gold only a few times. And then Joe mentioned that the supply of silver will be decreased next year and maybe it is time buy some, and this made me think to turn some of the cash into silver coins of 1oz each. I can buy like 50 pieces of silver in coins and have them delivered in 1 day. Silver coins are easy to exchange for goods in case a need arises.

I did most of my preparations last year, so I got lots of stuff purchased from canned food to solar panels, so I am missing only some precious metals to feel a bit more secure.

What do you guys think about it? Is it a good idea?

If you're reasoning about buying silver the time to buy would be now.

Silverinstitute.org describes the industrial use of silver as follows

From electrical switches and solar panels to chemical-producing catalysts, silver is an essential component in many industries. Its unique properties make it nearly impossible to substitute and its uses span a wide range of applications.

Almost every computer, mobile phone, automobile and appliance contains silver. It is the perfect substance for coating electrical contacts – like those in printed circuit boards – because of its high electrical conductivity and durability. Painting silver ink on any non-metal surface provides an electrical pathway, eliminating the need for wires. For example, Radio Frequency Identification Device (RFID) chips are replacing bar codes on many items in supermarkets and supply chain inventories. The chips’ paper-thin antennas consist of sprayed-on silver.

"Silver bugs" are enthusiastic about all of these applications and think that the metal's price may rise sky-high, but what if these industries are going to tank during the course of the 'great reset'?

I agree that having some silver around for purchases especially when the use of cash will be more or less prohibited would be next to ideal. It is certainly a good hedge against galloping inflation but I'm not sure whether precious metal prices can keep up in worth with a distinct hyperinflation.

I suspect that the reason that silver went up in price during the Great Depression could have been due to the fact that gold coins in the U.S. were 'mandated for surrender'.

Back
Top Bottom