What's the weather where you are?

Sur la Côte d'Azur en France, une grosse tempête de vent hier Vendredi 13 décembre mais ce matin ciel bleu sans aucun nuage et température très douce...

On the French Riviera, a big windstorm yesterday Friday 13 December but this morning blue sky without any clouds and very mild temperature...

It has warmed to rain, and later the rain will become snow and ice will cover the ground. Creating an immense skating rink of the region!
Lower Laurentians, Québec

Tonight 12/14 - 100% / 1 mm
Rain early with snow overnight. Low -4C. Winds WNW at 25 to 40 km/h. Chance of snow 100%. Snow accumulations less than 2cm.
Source: www.wunderground.com

Round Two, (December 19, 2019), with the winds just starting pick up speed here.

What if the storms of 99 happened today? For #Lothar , 46 departments would have been placed in red Vigilance, 19 in orange Vigilance. For #Martin , 35 departments and Andorra would have been placed red, 16 in orange.

tenor.gif

Béarn and Bigorre placed on orange alert by Météo France https://francebleu.fr/infos/meteo/la

Holy "sheets" of rain are starting to calm down for better intensify for the rest of this weekend. The wind is beginning to clear its throat for the recital scheduled for tonight on the Isle of Beauty.
The cat Shadow of the ninja didn't even move of her soft shed, looking at me, saying "i don't go nowhere today, and you should do the same!"
As with every bad weather EDF / Enedis (producer and manager of electricity) offers us to be abstracted in case where with the soggy soils some trees would have the idea of stretching their roots, falling on the electric wires , which would deprive some villages of light, and others connectivities.

Access to the EDF lines in Corsica are difficult, and access to the trees that have fallen on them is even more difficult. There is a difference in height, the ground is slippery, it is necessary to clear the brush to create or recreate an access in the scrubland where brambles can reach two meters in height. In an environment where everything is soggy from the ground to the vegetation, we have to move around with chainsaws, brush cutters, gas cans, my climbing bag, sometimes on slippery rocks, or along small flooded streams.
On the work site, there is always a risk of electrocution from electric cables running along the ground, or holding a tree, branches under tension, be careful that your colleague doesn't accidentally send you a log while you are working down below, despite the safety protocols the outside conditions can be described as f...kin' hostile!

And precisely because there is all this chaos outside to come back home safe and sound with the guys, inside you have to be awake for yourself and the others. You have to be aware of your limits and those of others and work with team spirit.
All this to secure the sites, so that the ERDF agents can get the power back on.
So that when I get home, I still have no electricity, and Shadow by candlelight, after eating, comes and lies on my lap.
In front of me i have a good example of inside weather I should develop, while purring, she is able to feel what I could do, and also attentive to outside noises. .. And sure she stays a cat!

Weather has been playing the yo-yo here in Québec: 49th parallel
After days and night of -20c we are back above zero, tonight as the sun sets the sky is light pink. It's quite beautiful. I've tried taking photos but the color dosent come out the way our eyes perceive it. We've been having many pink, purple, and strange colored skies, as the weather does the seesaw.
TOMORROW - MON 12/23HIGH 3 C
10% Precip. / 0
Cloudy. High 3C. Winds WSW at 15 to 30 km/h.

Have a great HolidaySeason children of Cassiopeae (never know how to spell it) - 2020 vision is coming to us all!

Re: What's the weather where you are at?

Hailing from Zagreb. We are having unusually wet and warm december. Instead of ice and snow and 0 to -5C we have rainy days with up to +15C here in capitol of Croatia. Prior to that we had a dry cold month as is normal for that time of the year. Summer was also nor here nor there. Not to hot except in June there was 2-3 week that were extra extra too hot and dry. Overall I think we had double the rain this year. Four seasons that cycle through one year as we knew them are no more for some time now.
Cheers to all

Added: sorry for my crappy syntax :whistle::-D

Weather has been playing the yo-yo here in Québec: 49th parallel
After days and night of -20c we are back above zero, tonight as the sun sets the sky is light pink. It's quite beautiful. I've tried taking photos but the color dosent come out the way our eyes perceive it. We've been having many pink, purple, and strange colored skies, as the weather does the seesaw.
TOMORROW - MON 12/23HIGH 3 C
10% Precip. / 0
Cloudy. High 3C. Winds WSW at 15 to 30 km/h.

Have a great HolidaySeason children of Cassiopeae (never know how to spell it) - 2020 vision is coming to us all!
I see you have mad oscilations in temperature in Canada also. Lets hope we will have luck with it eh? Cheers

8days ago, as I wrote, we had +15C here in Zagreb. Today we are plunging below zero and -4C is in the 3day prediction on our national weather station. No snow and thank you, no rain.
Oscilating weather continues but now it looks and feels more like it should around this time of year.

It's crazy bad here. Some of the fires in NSW have been burning for months and this is just the start of the fire season. The NSW Premier has just declared a state of emergeny (for another 7 days) over what is going to be a very challenging weekend - temperatures as high as the mid 40s Celsius in some parts of the state. Victoria has also been hard hit.

Back
Top Bottom