What's the weather where you are?

It's crazy bad here. Some of the fires in NSW have been burning for months and this is just the start of the fire season. The NSW Premier has just declared a state of emergeny (for another 7 days) over what is going to be a very challenging week
Yup it sure has been/is bad. No rain for months, extreme heat, windy days and severe water restrictions all round. I’m sure we’ve had dry spells and record hot days in the past, but I don’t recall there being so many bush fires all across the nation simultaneously :-/

°0C/32F West of Ukraine, Hungary. We are having a beautiful winter with lots of sunshine! Before it started to snow - only once - in December [that snow lasted for ~12 days] we had an amazing "autumn summer" at the end of November, it was warm and sunny. This Monday I could still do a short jog barefoot on the grass of the soccer-field and do 3x33 spins, before my toes started to go numb from the frost on the grass, which was left an inch-long by the field-manager.
In November I exercised twice in the countryside when both on those occasions heavy mist descended and covered everything into its swirly embrace: it was so surreal, stunning and beautiful!!

No extreme cold yet, Nature is having a graceful heyday in my country: flies, insects, birds are livening up, getting activated on warmer days, so mild and gentle is this winter so far here. I'm loving it! Its as if we had been blessed by some Nature-deity.

Québec at 49th parallel N
A minimum of 15C degrees SPREAD (difference FROM MORNING UNTIL NIGHT) ON THE SAME DAY: tomorrow!

TONIGHT - FRI 01/10LOW 1 C
100% Precip. / 4.16 mm
Foggy with rain developing after midnight. Low 1C. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 km/h. Chance of rain 100%.

TOMORROW - SAT 01/11HIGH 6 C
100% Precip. / 26.29 mm
Rain...mixing with snow in the afternoon. Some sleet may mix in. High 6C. Winds W at 10 to 15 km/h. Chance of rain 100%. 2-3cm of snow expected.

TOMORROW NIGHT - SAT 01/11LOW -9 C
100% Precip. / 35 cm
Cloudy with snow. Low -9C. Winds NE at 25 to 40 km/h. Chance of snow 100%. 30cm or more of snow expected.

Source. www.wunderground.com
P1390172.JPG

Oh, my! I hope that you are doing okay, Ocean! Please take care and keep 1,000 eyes open!

It was touch and go early this morning. The house is built in a wadi, and it was constructed 3 metres higher than the ground, with an additional 5 steps to enter the house. This is the first time the water level has been this high.

About 6.00 am my relative woke me and said she had just 'evacuated the cars'. If they had been left in their parking place they would have been washed away! She had to drive the tiny Suzuki onto higher ground just before the almighty deluge, run back and get the truck. By that time the water had risen dramatically, but luckily it's a Dodge Ram and just ploughed through the water.
What a day. We are all safe, even the cats!

Attachments

• JESSE2.jpeg
    JESSE2.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 19
Here on the lower mainland of BC, Canada, we've got over a foot of snow, more on the way (which happens "rarely" here on the coast) and gale-force winds predicted this afternoon/ evening with possible power outages. Transit and roads are severely impaired. Thank goodness I can work remotely. Also below normal temperatures, 15F last night. Got my candles, hurricane lamps, down comforters and Coleman stove ready, but it will get mighty cold in here if the power goes out. A taste of things to come.

It was a mild fall here near Anchorage, but come Dec. the weather turned more seasonal, and then a little below normal.

Today it is 10-12°F, but since New Years, it was hovering around 0°F to -10°F at night.

There was a creek that froze and flooded a small neighborhood in Willow. It is in this youtube about recent global weather/earth changes...

Here is the weather from this weeks Newfoundland blizzard that paralyzed - the army was called in:

Couple of time lapse videos from Newfoundlands massive snow storm:

This one is pretty striking:

And this:

Well, we here on the East Coast of Australia have gone from bush fires to floods. Floods in SE Queensland a few days ago, and severe rain and hailstorms along the coast of NSW.

On the mid North Coast of NSW, we’ve had a bit of rain over the past few days and a couple of thunderstorms, very humid (approx 70%) and tops of 27*C. Very grateful for the rain, I must say.

The Netherlands booked its first record measurement for 2020 yesterday as it was the warmest 31st of January ever recorded. In De Bilt, the place where all official records are to be measured, the temperature reached 12.5° Celsius. The previous record was 12.0° Celsius on the same date in 1990.

The whole month of January was also very mild with an average temp of 6.2° Celsius whereas the 'normal' average during the last decades amounted to just 3.1° Celsius. As such, January 2020 takes fifth place in the overall ranking of January months while the record stems from 2007 with an average of 7.1° Celsius.

More details here (Dutch only):
Warmterecord op laatste dag januari
Warmterecord op laatste januaridag

What a change in the weather today. In the last few days, it was nice and sunny with temperatures up to 19C. Yesterday evening it starts to blow a strong wind and in a few hours, it turns to a winter storm. At 9 pm yesterday it was nice weather with 10C and just in a few hours at 2 am it was a real winter with 20 cm of snow and temperature around zero.

Back
Top Bottom