WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram are down

It has begun...the collapsing of internet how we know it D: ... nah just kidding hahaha ... but yeah let's see whts happen next.

The other day i read in the news tht some devices would not be able to be supported by the internet anymore the date is after September 30 , maybe has any relationship with this but idk, Have good day everyone <3

It has begun...the collapsing of internet how we know it D: ... nah just kidding hahaha ... but yeah let's see whts happen next.

The other day i read in the news tht some devices would not be able to be supported by the internet anymore the date is after September 30 , maybe has any relationship with this but idk, Have good day everyone <3
Me too. They say that Wassap will do not work with certains Androids.

Yeah, FB is down for me as well. (I read updates from like-minded people. Almost never post anything.)

-Bearing in mind that we're right in the middle of a Mercury Retrograde, (ends on Oct 18th). This is when all systems which were faulty and failing, held together with duct tape and wishful thinking, finally go kaput.

I'm sure all the digital organs of mind control will be up and running again shortly.

The rest of the regular web is working fine.

Some good news after all! :-D :whistle: I have abandoned those crazy/disgusting platforms quite while ago anyway and don't regret it in the slightest. Maybe this latest downtime will further the same step for many others as well. There is always hope after all. Just ditch it and do something useful with the time. You won't regret it.

It was first mentioned on Telegram, then I went to FB to check and it turned out it was down (don't use Instragram and Whattsapp). I am not sad about that as well, especially thinking of their censoring practices and all that. Most peeps I am connected with over FB are also on the forum, anyway.

Here's what the newspage of my mailbox account tells the public (translated via DeepL):

Major outage: Facebook services unavailable for many users

In an unusually large outage, several services of the Facebook group went offline across the board on Monday. In addition to the actual Facebook platform, the chat service WhatsApp and the photo app Instagram were also unavailable for many users, as disruption reports on websites such as Downdetector showed. Tens of millions of users could have been affected by the outage.

A Facebook spokesperson apologised via Twitter and assured that the online network was working on the fault clearance. Causes for the problems were not known at first.

Experts see problems with the DNS service as the cause

For some web experts, it looked like a problem with the DNS service. Among other things, this service ensures that website names typed in with letters are translated into IP addresses so that they can be accessed.

The head of technology at the cloud service provider Cloudflare, John Graham-Cumming, pointed out that users and software were still trying to access Facebook services. This is causing a massive increase in the load on other DNS services, he wrote on Twitter.

Some users reported problems with other online services on the disruption platforms, but these were not initially confirmed on a widespread basis. According to the status page, all services of Amazon's large web service provider AWS, which is used by many start-ups and large companies, were running normally.

Cyberattack unlikely

Two unnamed IT security experts from Facebook told the New York Times that a cyberattack seems unlikely to have triggered the problems. The technology behind the company's individual apps is too different to take them all offline at the same time with a cyberattack. (ash/dpa)

So they ascribe the problem to the DNS service, while they judge a cyberattack as "unlikely" (for now). And here's a "little bombshell": Just this morning it was on the same news server - the headline reads about an FB ex-emloyee who spilled some beans which apparently "plunged" FB into some crisis. Here it is (translated via DeepL):

Ex-employee plunges Facebook into deep crisis with revelations

An ex-employee has plunged Facebook into its most serious crisis since the Cambridge Analytica scandal. The 37-year-old Frances Haugen provided key information for a series of articles in the "Wall Street Journal", after which Facebook came under considerable political pressure in the USA.

Among other things, the article dealt with the impact of the photo service Instagram on young users. Haugen revealed herself as a whistleblower for the first time in interviews published on Sunday. She is due to testify in the US Senate on Tuesday.

Facebook whistleblower Frances Haugen: Negative effects ignored

Haugen told the Wall Street Journal that she had been frustrated because Facebook was not sufficiently open about the fact that the online network could do harm. Part of her job at Facebook, which she left in May after about two years, was to fight election meddling. However, she quickly felt that her team had too few resources to make a difference.

She also said her impression was that Facebook had continued to focus on growth, even though the company had been aware of negative effects of the platform on users. "There were conflicts of interest between what was good for the public and what was good for Facebook," Haugen said on "60 Minutes". And Facebook had chosen over and over again to optimise business for its own interests.

Among the series of reports in the Wall Street Journal in recent weeks, the article about internal research into the influence of Instagram on young users was particularly hard-hitting. Among other things, a report by Facebook researchers stated that Instagram increases dissatisfaction with one's own body among many teenagers - especially girls. This causes eating disorders and depression.

According to the report, Facebook pointed out that further data from the same studies showed that teenagers found other topics helpful. Nevertheless, the online network last week shelved plans for an Instagram version for ten to twelve-year-olds.

Currently, children aged 13 and older are allowed to use Instagram. However, many give the wrong date of birth when registering. Facebook said it wanted to address this problem with "Instagram Kids". But after a hearing in the US Senate, it became clear that this would be politically difficult to implement.

Comparisons with tobacco industry

Antigone Davis, the manager responsible for user safety, did not get through to the senators with her relativising explanations. Democrat Ed Markey compared the online network's approach, especially with Instagram, to the irresponsible actions of the tobacco industry. "Instagram is that first cigarette of childhood" that is designed to get teenagers hooked early and end up endangering their health, Markey said, among other things. "Facebook is acting like the big tobacco companies: they're distributing a product that they know is harmful to young people's health."

Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg and top executive Sheryl Sandberg, who is responsible for operations, have not yet commented on the controversy.

As became known on Sunday, Haugen contacted the "Wall Street Journal" as early as December last year, after her department was dissolved. According to her own account, she was surprised to find various studies on the influence on users, which had been accessible to practically all employees in the online network's internal communication platform. She had collected such material until she left Facebook in the spring. Haugens had moved to Puerto Rico during the pandemic - and the human resources department had told her that this would not be accepted as a remote job.

"The version of Facebook that exists today is tearing our societies apart and triggering ethnic violence around the world," she told "60 Minutes".

Haugen applied to US authorities for whistleblower protection

A Facebook spokesperson told The Wall Street Journal on Sunday after Haugen's remarks that the online network tries to strike a balance every day between the right of billions of people to free speech and a safe environment for users. Haugen officially applied to US authorities for protection as a whistleblower - the name given to employees who want to expose wrongdoing by passing on information. At the same time, top manager Guy Rosen emphasised that Facebook can now filter out hate speech down to 0.05 per cent of such posts even before they reach users.

It is clear that Facebook is under more pressure, especially in US politics, than at any time since the Cambridge Analytica scandal in 2018. At the time, it had become known that years before, a data analysis company had been able to tap information from millions of users without their knowledge. It was not actually the most serious data protection misstep that had happened at Facebook up to that point - but it was the straw that broke the camel's back.

So, it seems like there's more going on behind the scenes and I wonder if this incident with the whistleblower has to do with it. Looking with excitement how this part of the show "unfolds" ;-)

Last edited:
Just to note that the Tweet from 'Blomberg' above is a parody account, the Tweet is a joke, and the name of the 'Chinese hacker group' is an attempt at a joke name that's really profanity. See the reply from the same account (which i won't post what with the swearing and all).

"This whole thread is a joke you absolute f***** morons. Say the hacker group’s name out loud. The Chinese spokesperson’s statement literally said “ohhhhhh my ding ding dong” and you’re buying it lmaoooooo (But fr f*** China tho)"

It seems to be a problem that is affecting not only Facebook related apps and domains, but also other websites. I've seen reports about Google, Twitter, TikTok and even national Internet providers not working in some countries due to a strange DNS problem. So this seems to be bigger than just Facebook.

The guy from Computing Forever sent a message to his Telegram channel:

In addition to several large internet outages of some notable big tech websites, Vodafone fibre Ireland is also down. For some odd reason I can use telegram however, but I cannot access any other website or service online. The "cyber attack" narrative I told people the world economic forum were planning last year appears to be beginning. Watch out for all for "essential" internet websites and services only and the calls for the adoption of a unified digital ID to access the internet. This is how they plan to take control. The globalists will create these internet outages, which they claim are being done by hackers, in order to justify new "security" measures in order to obtain more control of the web. They want to manufacture the internet equivlant of a 9/11-style attack to introduce widespread restrictions online. The digital ID is also tied to your vaccine status so no vax, no internet. It's coming in due course unless people wake up soon.

What's interesting is that now they're reporting that Facebook data is on sale for hackers and that facebook.com domain was announced as if it was for sale.

Here's just a couple of reports I've found on Twitter:

Back
Top Bottom