Where is Gonzalo Lira? Fears for YouTuber missing in Ukraine's Kharkov article

Meg

The Living Force
FOTCM Member

I follow some of the lawyers that have shows on YouTube. I am listening to Nick Rekeita's latest and he brought up Gonzalo Lira (Coach Red Pill). I am not sure what to make of it. Nick and his guest Andrew (Legal Mindset) are pretty sharp guys.

A summary of the discussion starting about 1:12:00:

Gonzalo was interviewed on Nick's show and was the worst rated show he's had. Gonzalo apparently had a book called "Wilshire Boulevard" he wanted Nick to review it due to Nick's education. He sent Nick a copy and it was reviewed on-air live and Gonzalo was not happy with it. Andrew brings in a 'grifter theory' i.e. pretending to disappear. It's good discussion about it. I'm not through the entire video yet, but wanted to see what y'all thought.

The discussion of Gonzalo is/has been going on in the Putin Recognizes Donbas thread in real time. Not sure if it’d be worth starting a separate thread at this stage, because would be a huge undertaking to isolate all the many posts about Gonzalo and dovetail them with this thread, or to copy them all here. I do agree that it deserves to be highlighted, however I also feel that it’s getting the attention it deserves in that thread already.

The discussion of Gonzalo is/has been going on in the Putin Recognizes Donbas thread in real time. Not sure if it’d be worth starting a separate thread at this stage, because would be a huge undertaking to isolate all the many posts about Gonzalo and dovetail them with this thread, or to copy them all here. I do agree that it deserves to be highlighted, however I also feel that it’s getting the attention it deserves in that thread already.
Hi, I thought a separate thread would be better due to the recent Sott article. If the mod team thinks it should be moved, make it so!

I honestly agree with you. Mainly I just wanted to be sure you were aware of the ongoing discussion. But of course you are!😊
I am aware and I thank you for pointing it out. :-) What did you think of the discussion if you don't mind my asking? Was Gonzalo grifting and got a 9mm in in the head due to some normalcy bias, or other? That was my takeaway. I'll need to watch it again, but holy hell, if that's what happened, I don't really know what to think.

I’ve been watching him for some time, and I also have a couple of his novels. Honestly I believe he wound up trapped in Kharkov and was doing his best to serve the truth. I don’t know what his “contingency plan” was exactly, but he alluded to being prepared not to be taken alive. If they did find him, he most likely took his own life, and now they are scrambling because they can’t cover it up, nor can they make an example of him. I like to think that if he’s dead, he’s still an albatross hung around the necks of his would-be captors. That would also explain the “Gonzalo’s Alive” accounts. Because if he’s dead, they now have left themselves wide open. The world knows who they are and what they’ve done and there’s no escaping that fact.

Just came across this piece on Substack, by a writer who says he's Gonzalo Lira's cousin. To say the least, he isn't thrilled about this, and is hoping against hope that Gonzalo wasn't tortured and executed as Azov claims, but has made his way to Russia to find asylum.

After a week of silence though that seems increasingly unlikely.

Just came across this piece on Substack, by a writer who says he's Gonzalo Lira's cousin. To say the least, he isn't thrilled about this, and is hoping against hope that Gonzalo wasn't tortured and executed as Azov claims, but has made his way to Russia to find asylum.

All of a sudden, there's a substack?! With that picture as the headliner? So articulate and clear by his cousin? I don't know what's going on, but I don't buy it for one minute. Maybe I'm just too suspicious.

Not buying it. Everything about it reeks of bullshit. Gonzalo grew up off of Roscoe Blvd in Winnetka, CA, two miles from my brother’s house (also off Roscoe) in Panorama City. The idea that someone saying they’re his cousin and yet no mention that he grew up a 10 minute bicycle ride from Burbank and Hollywood? You’d think that someone who knew him (or was related to him) would bring that up. The only reason I know that is because he mentioned growing up in a house on Delco Avenue in the valley. I know that street. It’s right by Cleveland High School.

All of a sudden, there's a substack?! With that picture as the headliner? So articulate and clear by his cousin? I don't know what's going on, but I don't buy it for one minute. Maybe I'm just too suspicious.
Well.... someone with skills has been doing some rounds. Gonzalo being american was perhaps intercepted by the american brethren operating in Ukraine. Maybe Gonzalo himself could be a retired operative. And maybe he is now in the US, together with the fam under the incognito don’t tell, pretend you’re mia, program. Anything and everything is possible.

Well.... someone with skills has been doing some rounds. Gonzalo being american was perhaps intercepted by the american brethren operating in Ukraine. Maybe Gonzalo himself could be a retired operative. And maybe he is now in the US, together with the fam under the incognito don’t tell, pretend you’re mia, program. Anything and everything is possible.

Gonzalo Lira is Chilean, originally. He also has an extensive Internet history, going back many years, as the manosphere personality Coach Red Pill.

It's also not clear why an American operative would be providing an anti-NATO perspective on the Ukrainian war.

Gonzalo Lira is Chilean, originally. He also has an extensive Internet history, going back many years, as the manosphere personality Coach Red Pill.

It's also not clear why an American operative would be providing an anti-NATO perspective on the Ukrainian war.
Past pursuits used to be an indication of current professional activities. However things can change and quite dramatically.
When I wrote the message, my intention was to voice my disbelief about the cloud of strange developed recently around Gonzalo Lira. If it were to deal with the normal, he’d be dead and people would understand and go through rage as an over amplified first stage of grief.
Perhaps indeed it is a strt of denial that is being exploited for airtime gain and an increase of cohorts of followers but that would be despicable.
I haven’t seen any of his video reporting before, but the three or four of his most recent accounts starting with his last video from Kiev and following with his videos from Harkov, showed an increasingly tired or sleep and nutrition deprived person who was describing on what he saw and heard in a sort of an ad-hoc basis, perfectly understandable, until he got out of that situation. It never crossed my mind that he could be a reporter. He looked like a very well versed in talking before a camera, with high verbosity but not much clarity as coherence was broken due to the sketchy information and perhaps the incredible tension. So he might have been a video reporter in a ‘previous life’, however he was not speaking in his professional capacity.
Another interesting thing I noticed was his cmentioning of not being able to speak or to understand ?, neither ukrainian nor russian. That is strange when you have a family in Ukraine. Again, I want now to find more about Gonzalo Lira and reconcile the knowns and the unknowns.
You know his past and to his present there is a line.
For me this person is the centre and all possible hypotheses are equally plausible as they form a surrounding circle.
It is a normal type of outlook for anyone, I guess, seeing Gonzalo Lira materializing in Kiev and being given suddenly a constant feed of information, prioritized to appear both urgent and important and then puff he is MIA.
So, if I was outrageously wrong in writing my last scenario, I apologise to Gonzalo Lira, up until I will have enough information to say whether I was right or wrong, which will change my opinion and bring my mental map closer to reality.
Is it OK with you? I somewhat sense upset on your side of the map, which I might have created unintentionally, by presenting a totally dissonant picture when I knew nothing about the bigger picture. To offer my best lie I could be capable of, It never crossed my mind that I could offend anyone else but Gonzalo Lira, when writing my clearly now, outrageous scenario.
I’ll be back with an updated opinion.

Past pursuits used to be an indication of current professional activities. However things can change and quite dramatically.
When I wrote the message, my intention was to voice my disbelief about the cloud of strange developed recently around Gonzalo Lira. If it were to deal with the normal, he’d be dead and people would understand and go through rage as an over amplified first stage of grief.
Perhaps indeed it is a strt of denial that is being exploited for airtime gain and an increase of cohorts of followers but that would be despicable.
I haven’t seen any of his video reporting before, but the three or four of his most recent accounts starting with his last video from Kiev and following with his videos from Harkov, showed an increasingly tired or sleep and nutrition deprived person who was describing on what he saw and heard in a sort of an ad-hoc basis, perfectly understandable, until he got out of that situation. It never crossed my mind that he could be a reporter. He looked like a very well versed in talking before a camera, with high verbosity but not much clarity as coherence was broken due to the sketchy information and perhaps the incredible tension. So he might have been a video reporter in a ‘previous life’, however he was not speaking in his professional capacity.
Another interesting thing I noticed was his cmentioning of not being able to speak or to understand ?, neither ukrainian nor russian. That is strange when you have a family in Ukraine. Again, I want now to find more about Gonzalo Lira and reconcile the knowns and the unknowns.
You know his past and to his present there is a line.
For me this person is the centre and all possible hypotheses are equally plausible as they form a surrounding circle.
It is a normal type of outlook for anyone, I guess, seeing Gonzalo Lira materializing in Kiev and being given suddenly a constant feed of information, prioritized to appear both urgent and important and then puff he is MIA.
So, if I was outrageously wrong in writing my last scenario, I apologise to Gonzalo Lira, up until I will have enough information to say whether I was right or wrong, which will change my opinion and bring my mental map closer to reality.
Is it OK with you? I somewhat sense upset on your side of the map, which I might have created unintentionally, by presenting a totally dissonant picture when I knew nothing about the bigger picture. To offer my best lie I could be capable of, It never crossed my mind that I could offend anyone else but Gonzalo Lira, when writing my clearly now, outrageous scenario.
I’ll be back with an updated opinion.
A7B6AB63-322D-4BC6-BD97-341C71617523.jpeg
Maybe these will help form that image 😊

Attachments

• DFF85005-114C-4D2F-AA1C-B59A0F746228.jpeg
    DFF85005-114C-4D2F-AA1C-B59A0F746228.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 18
  • 39F8A89E-D574-4700-9980-E5E4D91ECDBB.jpeg
    39F8A89E-D574-4700-9980-E5E4D91ECDBB.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
  • A0CD31E3-0F93-4480-8CF8-67731BD0DB13.jpeg
    A0CD31E3-0F93-4480-8CF8-67731BD0DB13.jpeg