Which romantic songs do you like?

This was one that I accidentally found that has an odd title but maybe it I liked due to the seemingly dangerous "times" in which we live.

They seem like an odd couple and Lady Ga Ga sings with a prop cigarette in her mouth but the words and music seemed to resonate with me. It has simple and fairly direct lyrics.

Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars - Die With A Smile (Official Music Video)​

[Intro: Bruno Mars]
(Ooh, ooh)

[Verse 1: Bruno Mars]
I, I just woke up from a dream
Where you and I had to say goodbye
And I don't know what it all means
But since I survived, I realized

[Pre-Chorus: Bruno Mars]
Wherever you go, that's where I'll follow
Nobody's promised tomorrow

So I'ma love you every night like it's the last night
Like it's the last night

[Chorus: Bruno Mars]
If the world was ending
I'd wanna be next to you
If the party was over
And our time on Earth was through
I'd wanna hold you just for a while
And die with a smile
If the world was ending
I'd wanna be next to you

[Post-Chorus: Bruno Mars]
(Ooh, ooh)

If "romantic songs" include break-up songs, this is my new favorite. She breaks up with him because he acts too nice, hides his real feelings and "sugar coats" her words to avoid the meaning of what she says, so he lost all his "worth". Angelina's only 18, but been singing since 18 months. She won "Norway's Got Talent" at 7 with an amazing rendition of "Summertime". Her vocal range and agility, and ability to evoke emotion will make you believe in reincarnation!

Jazz version:

Original pop version:

@JGeropoulas thanks for the share and introduction to a new voice. You are right, break-up songs are romantic songs - raw and pouring out all over with no filters, gut-wrenching, sometimes brutal, honest. Containing words and emotions to learn from if one cares to do so. After all, what does one have to lose, if what one thought they had is already perceived lost?

Luz Casal - Un año de amor (A year of love)
What we had is over, and you'll regret having put an end to a year of love. If you leave now, soon you'll discover that days are endless and empty without me. And at night, and at night, so not to feel alone, you will remember our happy days together. You will remember the taste of my kisses and in an instant you will understand, what a year of love means. Have you stopped to think what will happen, all that we will lose and what you will suffer? If you leave now, you won't get back the happy moments I gave you. And at night, and at night, so not to feel alone, you will remember our happy days together. You will remember the taste of my kisses, and in an instant you will understand what a year of love means. And in an instant you will understand what a year of love means.

Back
Top Bottom