Why we love cats and dogs?

PERLOU

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Incroyable... Mes 4 chatonnes et mes deux York aiment bien quand je chante "In the garden" ils connaissent tous ces chanson et prières que je dis à haute voix chaque jour... Ils restent tous près de moi sans bruit et calmement... Heureusement...

Incredible.... My 4 kittens and my two York girls like it when I sing "In the garden" they know all those songs and prayers that I say aloud every day... They all stay close to me quietly and calmly... Fortunately....

A recent study has also suggested genetics can influence our likelihood of being a dog-person or not.

Studying twins is a well-known method for disentangling the influences of environment and genes on our biology and behaviour. Because identical twins share their entire genome, and non-identical twins on average share only half of the genetic variation, comparisons of the within-pair concordance of dog ownership between groups can reveal whether genetics play a role in owning a dog. The researchers found concordance rates of dog ownership to be much larger in identical twins than in non-identical ones - supporting the view that genetics indeed plays a major role in the choice of owning a dog.
News link here: Owning a dog is influenced by our genetic make-up

Paper link here: Evidence of large genetic influences on dog ownership in the Swedish Twin Registry has implications for understanding domestication and health associations

Top Bottom