YAY for this Forum!!

F

FreeSoul

I am so happy that I found this place! I love this forum and the people that have posted here. :D

Just the amount of personal growth in one weekend has surprised me. Thank you for helping me open my mind a little more. I hope that I can do the same for some of you.

Cheers!

Opening the mind is good. It's just that what you find in there when you open it can shock you. :cool:

At this point nothing could really shock me, maybe just surprise. :)

wanna bet ;-)

anyway, shocks are good (m'kay?). they jolt you out of familiar thought patterns. it is sometimes the only way to get out of a 'rut' and discover something you otherwise wouldn't have.

once you come to appreciate the depths of humanity's 'mechanicalness', the way we are these complete tangle of physical/emotional/intellectual unconscoious 'reaction machines' you'll see how shocks are the only way to wake up. like Neo in the matrix taking the red pill - he could'nt have woken up without that almighty jolt.

btw, I second your 'yay!'. this forum rocks.

also, if you haven't read the wave yet, I highly reccommend it, it's a good starting point to understand some of the concepts/vocabulary that is commonly discuused on here. and its got a few shocks ;-) it did have for me anyway...

I guess 'shock' is too strong of a word for me. If something challenges my current view of reality my reaction is not "OH MY GOD!" but more like 'huh interesting' or 'cool'. I just haven't had my 'mind blown' yet, and I've gone deep---not that I'm not open to discovery.

I only heard of the Wave series a few days ago and I am waiting for the book in the mail. I couldn't wait for the book before joining the forum. I have a feeling that with all the research that I have done, I am already on the same page. I just might not know what some of the terminology is referring to on the this forum without a little more of an explanation.

BTW-- how long do I have to wait till I see my avatar?

FreeSoul said:
BTW-- how long do I have to wait till I see my avatar?
I thought it appeared straight away once you uploaded it. maybe something didn't work, or there is a file-size restriction?

FreeSoul said:
I just might not know what some of the terminology is referring to on the this forum without a little more of an explanation.
Do a search on the forum for "shock". It has a certain meaning in Fourth Way terminology. I'd just give the link to the Cass glossary entry for it but it's down at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom