Your last choice track before the meteors hit?

I had replied to this post a while ago, I admit my answer changed since, 7-8 years ago I discovered this song which has been my fav since

I understand the answers "i'd listen for the whoosh of the comet" or "i wouldn't want distractions from the unfolding reality", but assuming the situation, this is the one I'd have jumped to - whether it was to center myself, or to share with friends - if the opportunity to play a last song came up, this is the one I'd have picked:

Pick it up, pick it all up
And start again
You've got a second chance
You could go home
Escape it all
It's just irrelevant

It's just medicine
It's just medicine

You could still be
What you want to
What you said you were
When I met you

You've got a warm heart
You've got a beautiful brain, but it's disintegrating

From all the medicine
From all the medicine
From all the medicine
Medicine

You could still be
What you want to be
What you said you were
When you met me

You could still be
What you want to
What you said you were
When I met you
When you met me and
When I met you

Medicine
Medicine
Medicine
Medicine

Last edited:
The point for me is that when the bombardment commences it is perhaps the moment prior to going into 4d or 5D. I want to be as consciously present and aware as possible as I walk through that door into what is next. It is a unique, personal and Significant journey. I don’t need a last beer before leaving and potentially never coming back. Indeed if I long for a last beer (Or one last encore song) I probably WILL be coming back.

The point for me is that when the bombardment commences it is perhaps the moment prior to going into 4d or 5D. I want to be as consciously present and aware as possible as I walk through that door into what is next. It is a unique, personal and Significant journey. I don’t need a last beer before leaving and potentially never coming back. Indeed if I long for a last beer (Or one last encore song) I probably WILL be coming back.
That's a good point,

Although I understood the point of the discussion to be more about, "what song would inspire you to face an inevitable and drastic change to your existence?" (Although, correct me if I am wrong) and music having that ability to inspire harmony, or to soothe your soul as the freight of change is palpable, I thought it was an interesting question.

I have been a big fan of sound tracks, and while reading a few of the posts here I recalled these two tracks that I have really enjoyed.

I also have a very deep appreciation for the sound of cello, and this one also came to mind.

I don't really know if I could think in a song in that cataclysmic moment 🤣, rather to be very close to the people I love, just a few days ago I remembered this soundtrack, because I found the movie very funny and emotional.

My choice would definitely be O Fortuna and here is a version from Belle Voci :

A close second would be a metal/rock song called Roots by Brazillian Metal band Sepultura. In my 20s i dabbled in music in a band and we played metal; the running joke with the guitarist of the band (and till today my very good friend) is that when we meet our maker - Sepultura's Roots should be the soundtrack - and we would still be headbangin while in our coffins to this song :-)

That's a good point,

Although I understood the point of the discussion to be more about, "what song would inspire you to face an inevitable and drastic change to your existence?" (Although, correct me if I am wrong) and music having that ability to inspire harmony, or to soothe your soul as the freight of change is palpable, I thought it was an interesting question.
It IS an interesting question and my answer almost surprises me. Zimmer and Ghibli are great choices, too. I am a musician and I love and am deeply moved by music.

But It strikes me anything I would choose, would be something I have already heard. So it would be a kind of self indulgence. One last song; one last glass of wine; one last romp in bed with my wife. STS, if you will. Like Sodom and Gamorrah - don’t look back. I would rather move on than be turned into a pillar of salt. Or find myself back in 3D STS because I failed that lesson. “What?! THAT was the final exam?!?!?”

The time to begin letting go is already upon us. There will be new and more beautiful music in the next world... if we can get there.

If you want to be that specific about it, chances are by the time the final wave comes, whatever its form, electronics will have been fried already anyways. I wouldn't see myself running to listen to a song on tiny phone speakers anyways.

A line from the Satipatthana Sutta comes to mind (because I generally avoid mantras, but allow this one) which goes like this,
"Atapi, sampajano satima
Sampajaññam na rincati"
(Ardently aware of the proper understanding of reality,
Never forsake that proper perspective)

Of course, the question is more of an interesting hypothetical. I've trained myself to flip back to full presence as soon as I get the slightest wound, as well as to maintain it through the sensation of fresh broken bones. I'm sure musical considerations would drop out the window in such a critical situation, as so much intellectual dead weight. But if the opportunity came up to share a last song with friends, what would you pick? That's an interesting question to answer now.

Because there won't be time when that time comes.

Edit: I was typing this while you posted yours, thanks :)

Last edited:
Probably I would pick Descending by Tool. It's... different.

"Descending"

Free fall through our midnight
This epilogue of our own fable

Heedless in our slumber
Floating nescient we free fall through this boundlessness
This madness of our own making

Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite

Come our end suddenly
All hail our lethargy
Concede suddenly

To the quickened
Dissolution pray
We mitigate the ruin
Calling all to arms and order

Drifting through this boundlessness
This madness of our own making

Sound our dire reveille
Rouse all from our apathy

Lest we cease to be

Stir us from our
Wanton slumber
Mitigate our ruin
Call us all to arms and order

Sound the dread alarm through the primal body
Sound the reveille
To be or not to be

Rise
Stay the grand finale
Stay the reading of our
Swan song and epilogue

One drive to stay alive
Elementary. Muster every fiber
Mobilize
Stay alive

Stir us from our
Wanton slumber
Mitigate our ruin
Call us all to arms and order

Pulled this old movie out and watched it last night. I guess it was the sentiment in 1942.

You must remember this
A kiss is just a kiss
A sigh is just a sigh
The fundamental things apply
As time goes by

And when two lovers woo
They still say "I love you"
On that you can rely
No matter what the future brings
As time goes by

Moonlight and love songs
Never out of date