CT Elementary School Shooting

This tragedy reminds me a very similar one that happened around Christmas some years ago at the University in Montreal when a man killed 14 women. At that time I was not aware of many things. Today I can see much more. I feel protected. But this tragedy is a wake up in other aspects. Someone here said yesterday that he was seeing the Matrix in plain development and it is true. As when the tragedy of Gaza, this one is also a reason to clean up some of my contacts in FB. How easily to see the true visage of some people in front of all of this. How they are programmed, how they are ignorant, how they are racists. I am angry to see all this, the murder of little kids, here there and over there, always, and the hypocrisy of the adults. At the same time I can appreciate and I am very grateful to have some contacts of people that give me strength because they are aware of what is happening. And without this forum, I ask myself, how lonely I would be.

irjO said:
The earliest attested form of the name is the Mycenaean Greek feminine noun a-re-ka-sa-da-ra (transliterated as Alexandra), written in Linear B syllabic script.

also, the Trojan "unheard" prophet Cassandra was sometimes referred to as Alexandra (in the poem by Lycaphron, for instance).

This week we had a local girl commit suicide in a near by pond. She was missing for about 4 days before they decided to drag the pond this Thursday. This girl was 16 years old and had been on my mind a lot lately and then I heard about this tragedy with even younger kids. It hurts my heart and I keep tearing up through out the day because young people seem to be dying way to often lately. I also know that losing my own son has colored my views a lot but I know what those parents are going through first hand and my heart goes out to them.

Now the actual event is over, it really bothers me to see so many focus on gun control issues or anything other than the loss of the young lives. Then I get mad when I think about the system that forces most of us to turn our children over to them at school for hours a day or face steep penalties. Even with cops on campus around here the problems multiply but at times like these, it just reminds me of shooting fish in a barrel. No pun intended or disrespect to the victims. With all that has happened here and in China, how can parents not take the time to look at what is really happening with their children? I mean their very lives depend on it.

I glad irJo mentioned the coincidence with the names of Hurricane Sandy and Sandy Hook because I thought it was interesting too.

grini said:
Persej said:
Paragon said:
I'm watching that speech again, and seriously, it's gotta be the most ridiculous and the most clear example that I have ever seen of somebody faking it. Not even well. Surely most people can see that it truely is crocodile tears!? It would be laughable, if it were not real life.

Wiping the tears away? Give me a break.

You are right. It looks more like he is scratching the eye than wiping. :rolleyes:

I think he had onion somewhere in his suit... I cry like that when I'm chopping onion.

LOL. I too get similar experience with onions. Maybe Obama should have used chilli instead so his crying could look more convincing :lol:

Loire said:
grini said:
Persej said:
I think he had onion somewhere in his suit... I cry like that when I'm chopping onion.

LOL. I too get similar experience with onions. Maybe Obama should have used chilli instead so his crying could look more convincing :lol:

BTW, Psychopaths Have Poor Sense of Smell, Study Finds

[_http://www.sott.net/article/251469-Psychopaths-Have-Poor-Sense-of-Smell-Study-Finds]

Some good insight by a surprising source.

MORGAN FREEMAN ON THE SHOOTINGS YESTERDAY:

"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single victim of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations , sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem."

Darek said:
Loire said:
grini said:

BTW, Psychopaths Have Poor Sense of Smell, Study Finds

[_http://www.sott.net/article/251469-Psychopaths-Have-Poor-Sense-of-Smell-Study-Finds]

Onions don't care about this. I think it is not about the smell, it is about the gas that irritates the eye. Thanks for the link :)

Paragon said:
anart said:
Paragon said:
I'm watching that speech again, and seriously, it's gotta be the most ridiculous and the most clear example that I have ever seen of somebody faking it. Not even well. Surely most people can see that it truely is crocodile tears!? It would be laughable, if it were not real life.

Wiping the tears away? Give me a break.
Could you provide a link?

Sure,
_http://www.wjla.com/articles/2012/12/barack-obama-speech-on-connecticut-school-shooting-turns-very-emotional-83137.html

Hypocrisy at its best.

3s7bp6.jpg

I didn't know what the name of the school was. My mothers name was Sandra. She went by Sandy. For those who don't know, she passed on Nov. 10th. It did not escape my notice that it was soon after the hurricane by the same name. Another strange coincidence is that I saw two meteors Thursday night. The first was a yellow streek in the distance. The second was right in front of me as I was driving. Like a firework with colors in the tail. I'm not saying there's anything to it. Just thought it might be worth mentioning.

ctw5000 said:
Some good insight by a surprising source.

MORGAN FREEMAN ON THE SHOOTINGS YESTERDAY:

"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single victim of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations , sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem."

Exactly, the mass murderers, including Obama, get the individual media exposure, while the victims get none.
I too was sickened. My heart goes out to all of those innocent little children and their parents.

anart said:
Clinton was a much better fake crier - he could produce tears and get all red-eyed. I really couldn't tell if there were any actual tears on Obama - sure didn't look like it.

First thing I thought was wrong corners. I think the eyes would have to fill up alot to reach the outer corners and by that time it would have already spilled from inner corners and would require wiping under the eye, from inner corners right across. Certainly one "tear" doesn't leak on the outer edge only. His eyes were as dry as saltines.

I wonder if Ronald Reagan ever fake cried and how good he would be being an actor.

One thing I noticed that kind of gave me a lurch was during the a CNN report of the shooting, they had this "Walmart 40% off ipads iphones" scrolling happily across the bottom of the screen. I thought wow, way to jump on the exploitation wagon. Just made me sad thinking of the tragedy and the far reaching effects and how Christmas will be for those families, a horror to get through. And I thought it just seemed so wrong to advertise Christmas sales in this context.

[quote author=Laura ]
And I think Neema is right. This is about making everyone afraid of everyone else and making it clear that anyone and everyone could be considered a "domestic terrorist". The side issue is probably gun control. But this is about making everyone afraid.

I'm just sick thinking about those little kids getting murdered like this just a couple weeks before Christmas. Just think, a few minutes before all this started coming down, they were all in that state of anticipation that kids experience at the approach of the holidays. And now, not only will they never see their holidays, their families will be destroyed by this. It is a huge, huge, evil black mark on the society created by psychopaths; more than that, it is an attractor for doom added to the already sky high black marks against the psychopaths of this era.
[/quote]

Yes, whole families and communities will be destroyed by this senseless act. The wounds will never heal.

Further to the issue Neema brings up, as an aside also, was speculating that as families scream out to be protected, like post 9/11 new security measures, along will come Michael Chertoff types with said security measures for schools. Maybe not exactly millimeter scanners, yet whatever it is likely to be, if it happens, children will be further subjected to fear and control by authoritarians and will start to accept it as being normal.

chachazoom said:
anart said:
Clinton was a much better fake crier - he could produce tears and get all red-eyed. I really couldn't tell if there were any actual tears on Obama - sure didn't look like it.

First thing I thought was wrong corners. I think the eyes would have to fill up alot to reach the outer corners and by that time it would have already spilled from inner corners and would require wiping under the eye, from inner corners right across. Certainly one "tear" doesn't leak on the outer edge only. His eyes were as dry as saltines.

I wonder if Ronald Reagan ever fake cried and how good he would be being an actor.

Indeed, the body language was wrong for sorrow. Scratching the outer corners of the eye would seem to indicate annoyance or boredom? An he was so obviously reading from a script, not speaking from the heart.

Mac

My heart goes out to all the families affected by this tragedy. I have a 4 1/2 yr old son who is supposed to be attending school next year. I want to homeschool him soooo badly. I can't even imagine the horror for those families... :cry:

I agree with others here in wishing that more focus would be spent on solutions and remembering the victims, not 'celebretizing' the murderers (PTB definitely included). I was pleasantly surprised to see the statements made by Mr. Freeman. Didn't really expect that from anyone in Hollywood.. Love his voice, too, btw hehe :rolleyes:

Gun control? Right. Because over in China where guns are much harder to access than in the United States, they don't have these kinds of crimes. Except that knife tragedy posted here, and so on. What a great distraction! Ugh.
I agree with whomever recognized that having guns doesn't make you much safer. If the government comes for you, they are HOPING you have guns. 'cause then- you're on their turf. They know the violence game and can play it better than we can ever hope.

Sadly, I think the vast majority are talking about a bunch of distracting things like gun control, as well as generally being fearful. So when the government implements (if they do) stricter gun control and TSA-style checks at all schools, we'll all cheer and say 'Yay! Protect us from ourselves the crazies!'
As Laura pointed out - fearmongering. Of the worst kind, I'll add. Massacreing the people's children in order (eventually) to control the parents, family, friends of the children they killed in the first place. Killing children to control the parents? The Mafia's got nothing on the real criminals in this world...

And yeah, Barack?... Come on, really? The only way I can reason his being put in the position he is as being some kind of set up future plays. How could anyone so bad at acting be put into position of President of the United States? Just doesn't make sense to me except some bigger purpose later, like scpaegoating him to hide the identities of the purpetrators of whatever Super-Sized Horror comes next. That or psychopaths who are good at faking human emotions are just harder to come by these days...

I'm sorry I don't have anything actually additional to what's been posted here already, but as another member pointed out, for many of us, this forum is the only place to have a voice. All too commonly around the globe, people just don't care to listen to anyone seeking the truth or speaking the truth. Try to connect a few dots and they're already gone..
So I suppose that also denotes a big THANK YOU to everyone here for looking at things objectively. When we are drowning in the ignorant around us, even just seeing that there are others who've made it to the surface is comforting. I would like to think that we here help the children and other victims to not die in vain. They fuel our fires. Our outrage at all the perpetrators of these crimes are the shocks that help us stay awake and 'fighting the good fight' however we may. I will remember that this happens all around us. I will remember the children.

Pick a name and memorize it, or memorize them all. Remember them. Let their deaths be our shocks, that we may honor them and all the victims of senseless crimes like this happening around the world. I know I will.

Charlotte Bacon, 6
Daniel Barden, 7
Rachel Davino, 29
Olivia Engel, 6
Josephine Gay, 7
Ana Marquez-Greene, 6
Dylan Hockley, 6
Dawn Hocksprung, 47
Madeline Hsu, 6
Catherine Hubbard, 6
Chase Kowalski, 7
Jesse Lewis, 6