Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

I did the first session today. As it turned out, it was a soft-shelled one that was done by a Polish startup, Omnioxy. I've found a (sponsored) article about their genesis:
- Under normal pressure, oxygen in the pulmonary alveoli combines with hemoglobin - the red blood cells. However, hemoglobin particles are large and take up a lot of space. If there are any blockages or pinches in the bloodstream, the blood cell simply does not pass through them, there is no way to squeeze through.
Meanwhile, dissolved oxygen due to increased pressure is many times smaller than hemoglobin and passes freely between cells.
- It goes exactly where it is needed most - says Adam. In other words, being in the chamber allows you to deliver oxygen to those places that were previously hypoxic.
The company offers the so-called mild hyperbaric chambers. The pressure in them does not exceed 1.5 ATA, i.e. about 1500 hPa. - This can be compared to diving to a depth of 3-5 meters. This pressure already allows the oxygen to dissolve effectively. And thanks to the fact that "gentle" chambers are much cheaper, more accessible and you can do more of these treatments - sums up the entrepreneur.
- We primarily care about popularizing this technology. We have it in the name of the company: omni - everywhere, oxy - oxygen - says Adam. - Our business model is that we not only sell chambers, but also help people to set up their own hyperbaric oxygen therapy rooms. Rooms with hyperbaric chambers should be as popular as tanning salons were - he smiles.

I went for 1.3 ATA for the first session, because of clogged sinuses. I've taken my Garmin sportswatch to monitor SpO2 levels, and for the first time, I've seen 100% readings. In normal circumstances, my readings are somewhere around 94%.
photo_2022-05-11_18-55-40.jpg
During the session, the temperature inside was noticeably higher. The funny part was the altitude approximation reading:
photo_2022-05-11_18-55-26.jpg
2 kilometers under the sea level... :lol: At 1.3 ATA it should be in the ballpark of 2 meters, right?
I certainly felt as if I had done lots of exercise and had some pain in the body yesterday
Exactly how I feel minus the pain. Positive tiredness :)

I was hope it will help to ease my seasonal allergy but I didn't expect that after just one hour I will feel so much better. Maybe it's coincidence because it's rainy today (maybe it's not) but the fact is that last night I was sleeping like a baby and now I'm in a very good moode. I can breath trough my clear nose and don't need to dropping in my eyes every few hours. Well, time will tell when the sunny and windy weather will return.
Here we are. Hot, dry, sunny and windy weather for a second day in the row. The yellow pollen in the air and everywhere around and all I can say is that... I feel very good! I have some mild symptoms, I sneeze from time to time and need to blow my nose occasionally but that's all (imagine how bad it was just a week ago when I had to take bath in the middle of the night in hope to get some more sleep right after.) I see it's getting better every day. I decided to not take my allergy pill for tomorrow.

It was my fifth session today. Everything went well. I'm feeling great and got lots of energy. Right after the session you feel like a newborn superhero 😎 Can't wait for another one tomorrow!

Today I drove Yas to her hyperbaric session and had a chat with some of the people who accompany other patients. A man who took his sister, who has a diabetic foot, told me that an acquaintance of his had recently finished 12 sessions. He had also a diabetic foot, but it was so bad that he already had an appointment to have the whole leg amputated, from right below the hip. After his sessions, the gangrene had receded and was only a minor spot on the foot, so he basically had his leg saved! :wow: I was very impressed by that.

I also talked to the nurses and the doctor. I was curious, because they have super strict rules regarding potential fire hazards. For instance, they provide cotton hospital clothing and an anti-static wrist band. Any other objects are forbidden inside, particularly metals or anything that can create friction, static electricity, em fields, etc. They are working with high concentrations of oxygen, and it has happened before in other places of the world that a tiny spark has ended in tragedy and several people killed! :scared: In Italy, for example. So, apart from their protocols, they have anti-fire systems that cut off the oxygen feed automatically, a special water sparkler that injects a sort of pressurized myst, if I understood correctly, and an alarm if the atmosphere inside the chamber becomes potentially dangerous, in which case they purge the air and refill it.

The doctor in charge was very proud of the 'international, not Mexican' standards they follow, and warned against going to any other chamber out there that might not do things properly and cut corners. For example, some won't have the proper valves for the oxygen, which is dangerous because a little dust may filter in, create friction and possibly start a fire. Or they can inject industrial oxygen, which is apparently cheaper but not suitable for the body, etc.

We thought we should mention these things here for people who may be looking for a place to get the therapy. Perhaps ask them what safety protocols they have in place and what sort of oxygen they use, etc before committing to a number of sessions.

And now for a little eye-candy. Yas was allowed to take pictures inside the 'submarine' before her session started today.

photo_2022-05-13_12-19-37.jpg
photo_2022-05-13_12-19-34.jpg
photo_2022-05-13_12-19-32.jpg

The HBOT arrived today! It was announced by DHL for the 17th but it came 4 days earlier. We were excited to open the boxes:

hbot 2.jpg

We set the chamber directly on the wood floor, did a first inflation, then set up the two arches that provide the overall shape even if the chamber is deflated:
hbot 1.jpg

Then we connected the chamber to the oxygen concentrator (left), to the compressor (middle). The A/C unit (right) has still to be connected. Everything works (sorry the folowing picture is blurry):

hbot 3.jpg

We still have some details to take care of (A/C connection, mask connection, 2 filters to install) but by tomorrow we should be able to make the first tests. Fingers crossed!

I searched for testimonies and found some, here are some links :

38 testimonies

12 here

Juste one here, but it's a series of pictures (with first an explanation), don't click it if you do not support flesh & blood

Better to keep one's critical mind reading them simply because it's from vendor (or renter) websites.
But I think that these compilations of testimonies on vendor sites are generally valuable, when it works it works. If you sell something that gives really good results, a logical move would be to ask people who recovered if they would mind to write down a couple of words about (this is what i do with my customers and now that I have a good list of testimonies i like to link it to new prospects :) - thus, this remains interresting to browse them.

I also try to find if this subject is discussed on some forums. I found an horribly old one ... but still readable, here's the link, a couple of discussions about (not much but enough to read 1h+)

From this forum there was a copy/paste of an old article i found interresting .... I copy it below, in "spoiler" section. I first searched for it on the internet (web) archive site, this article was there until end of 2015, here's the link to this article on web archive and below a copy of it. What made me wonder is that this article mentions also the electricity factor of the body, voltage, and links this to O2 and HBOT, it's short and i think it's valuable, at least, it explains well but i'm not qualified to assert that it's correct (if any Dr here want to comment this, do not hesitate)

Oxygen is obviously important for health.

The amount of oxygen that will dissolve in water is dictated by the voltage of the water and the atmospheric pressure. If you put a tube into a glass of water and bubble oxygen into the water, the amount that will dissolve at any given atmospheric pressure is determined by the voltage of the water. If you raise the voltage, more oxygen will dissolve in the water. If you lower the voltage, oxygen comes out of solution and disappears. Since cells are 70% water, the voltage of the cells determines how much oxygen can dissolve in the cell. As the voltage of the cell lowers, oxygen comes out of solution and disappears.

However, there must be oxygen in the neighborhood for it to dissolve in the cell. Thus we must consider circulation. Under normal conditions, oxygen hitches a ride on the red blood cells and thus the amount of oxygen in the neighborhood is controlled by the circulation. The arterioles can be constricted and thus the circulation is poor. Dilation of the arterioles is under control of nitric oxide. If you are deficient in nitric oxide, you will have poor circulation and thus lack of oxygen. When oxygen levels are deficient, the body attempts to grow new blood vessels into the area to supply more oxygen. An example of this is when new blood vessels grow into the macula of the eye. This is called “wet macular degeneration.”

As oxygen levels begin to drop, metabolism drops. Inside the cells we have a rechargeable battery system that provides voltage for the cell to work. When the battery is charged it is called ATP. When it is discharged, it is called ADP. Obviously we need a battery charger inside the cell. This is called the “Kreb’s Cycle.” For every unit of fatty acids that goes into the Kreb’s Cycle, if oxygen is available, you get enough electrons to charge up 38 ADP/ATP batteries. If oxygen is unavailable, for every unit of fatty acids that goes into the Kreb’s Cycle, you only get enough electrons to charge up two ADP/ATP batteries. Thus your cells have trouble working correctly. It is like your car going from 38 miles per gallon to 2 miles per gallon!

As voltage and oxygen continue to drop, you get chronic pain. Pain is a symptom of low voltage/oxygen.

As oxygen levels continue to drop, you get infections. Each of us contain about a trillion “bugs”. They are suppressed when oxygen is present. However, as oxygen drops, the “bugs” wake up and want to have lunch—-they want to have you for lunch. Since they don’t have teeth to take a bite out of your cells, they put out digestive enzymes to dissolve your cells. As they consume your cells, you get sick. Think of strept bacteria having a picnic on your tonsils. The toxins they put out give you a sore throat, fever, headache, nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, muscle aches, etc. because the enzymes get into your blood and go throughout your body. These enzymes can scar your heart valves and your joints.

As voltage and oxygen levels continue to drop, bacteria begin to lose their cell membranes and become more pathogenic. They are then called “L-forms.” Antibiotics work by damaging cells membranes so antibiotics have no effect on L-forms. In addition, without cell membranes, the immune system can’t see the L-forms so you don’t get a fever or increased white blood count and you can’t culture them. Thus doctors tend to think that no infection is involved. However, cell damage and organ dysfunction is obvious. The effects are what is usually called “autoimmune disease.”

Whereas cells are designed to run at -25 millivolts of electron donor, when the voltage drops to +30 millivolts of electron stealer, cell-wall-deficient fungal forms appear and cancer is the result.

So the scenario is that dropping voltage causes dropping oxygen levels and this results in chronic disease including the inability to make new cells to repair those that are worn out or damaged.

In blood, most of oxygen is carried by red blood cells and very little is in the plasma (liquid portion of blood). The amount of oxygen in plasma is controlled in part by Henry’s Law. In physics, Henry's law is one of the gas laws formulated by William Henry in 1803. It states: "At a constant temperature, the amount of a given gas that dissolves in a given type and volume of liquid is directly proportional to the partial pressure of that gas in equilibrium with that liquid.”

A hyperbaric tank increases pressure on the body. This increased pressure, combined with an increase in oxygen to 100 percent, dissolves oxygen in the blood plasma and in all body cells, tissues and fluids at up to 10 times normal concentration—high enough to sustain life with no blood at all (from 20% with normal air to 100% oxygen is a 5-fold increase. From 1 ATA to 2 ATA (twice sea level pressure) can double this again to a 10-fold or 1,000% increase). Most illnesses respond favorably to increased oxygen. Most don’t notice an effect until after the 4-6th hour of treatment. A standard treatment schedule is 40 hours, but many will respond with 10-20 hours. The primary contraindications are a history of collapsed lung or in smokers or some types of chemotherapy.

Work published in 2006 shows that hyperbaric oxygen in combination with nitric oxide can stimulate stem cells.

Thom SR, Bhopale VM, Velazquez OC (April 2006). "Stem cell mobilization by hyperbaric oxygen". American Journal of Physiology - Heart 290 (4): H1378–H1386. doi:10.1152/ajpheart.00888.2005. PMID 16299259

I found a few testimonies scattered on multiple forums, but usually only a few responses, or just 1 testimony + a few answers. There are plenty on various sites, for instance sites for elder people asking if any tried HBOT and so on. This would require more researches but at least there are people who testify about on internet, up to 15+ years.[/spoiler]

@Pierre Do not forget to take a picture from inside. I wonder if you'll have enough light to read a book during sessions ?

Last edited:
We still have some details to take care of (A/C connection, mask connection, 2 filters to install) but by tomorrow we should be able to make the first tests. Fingers crossed!
So we finalized the setup and we were ready to do a first test. First, Gaby took my vitals: blood pressure and O2 saturation, everything was allright so she gave me the green light:

IMG_20220514_135710.jpg

The A/C unit is in fact an air dehumidifier, so it is pretty warm in there, I should not have worn the green top. As you can see in the following picture (taken from one of the 3 windows) I'm pretty sweaty:

IMG_20220514_141505.jpg

The good news is you can use a Kindle within the chamber, so the first session went pretty smoothly. After 1 hour I opened the pressure release valve and then unzipped the chamber and it was done! Overall I feel slightly more energetic, more relaxed. I also feel my brain is working a bit better (to be confirmed in the following session).

Now it is Laura's turn, she's in the chamber right now reading her Kindle (the reflection you are seeing in the right lens is the backlight emitted by the Kindle). She's perfectly fine. No claustrophobia. Although she didn't manage to fully balance the air pressure within the ears, she felt no pain:

IMG_20220514_153717.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday evening, 6 hours or so after the first session I felt very tired. Unexpectedly, I noticed as well an increase in libido, which was gone for months.
I just did my second session. Right now, I'm feeling tired. Maybe the slight increase in energy and relaxation reported after the first session was due to the excitement of finally using the HBOT, but, like yesterday, I think my brain is working a little bit better:wizard:

Apparently, the price of delivery of the ST702 hyperbaric chamber has gone up due to the COVID (measures) in Shanghai, according to Macy Pan. I asked for a quote and the chamber including shipping is now 6,700 USD, which is 500 USD more than the Crew paid.:-O

They solved the issue by giving me a 10% discount on the chamber (which I thought was pretty decent of them), if I make a payment before Thursday. So, now it's about the same amount (a bit less than 6200 euros).

Back
Top Bottom