Jordan Peterson: Gender Pronouns and Free Speech War

Came across this Substack that is pretty good:

I Am a Woman​

And a Biologist​

P.s. Happy Mothers Day!💐

Women are adult human females.

Adults are individuals who have attained the average age of first reproduction for their species. They have reached the age of maturity. The term adult applies across many species, and is used to distinguish them from juveniles, who are not yet capable of reproduction.

Humans are members of the genus Homo. Our relatives in the genus Australopithecus, now extinct, are sometimes categorized as human as well. Every individual Homo sapiens is a human.

Females are individuals who do or did or will or would, but for developmental or genetic anomalies, produce eggs. Eggs are large, sessile gametes. Gametes are sex cells. In plants and animals, and most other sexually reproducing organisms, there are two sexes: female and male1. Like “adult,” the term female applies across many species. Female is used to distinguish such people from males, who produce small, mobile gametes (e.g. sperm, pollen)2.

It’s the definition of that last word—female—that will be difficult for some to accept.

Some people imagine that, because words are a social construct, so too, inherently, are the concepts that they describe. Some words do describe social constructs: offended, justified and controversy, for instance. These things have no reality in the physical universe, or if they do, that reality can be negotiated by social means.

Many words, however, do describe an underlying reality. Words like bulldozer, grasshopper, and woman.

Arthur Dent would be proud.Yellow
Bulldozers don’t exist without humans—they are a human construct—but they are not a social construct. The distinction is important. Humans make things that have reality in the physical world. These things are therefore anthropogenic, and physically real. They cannot be negotiated out of existence with further words. You can’t argue a bulldozer into oblivion. By contrast, you can—under some circumstances—convince someone that they’re not offended, or that an act that they initially found troublesome is justified, or that a controversy doesn’t exist because some people have changed their minds.

Grasshoppers
Grasshoppers do exist without humans. They are neither a human construct, nor a social construct. Humans have named them in as many ways as there are distinct languages where grasshoppers exist on this Earth. In fact, humans have provided grasshoppers orders of magnitude more names than that, because the scientists who find and describe and name and classify grasshoppers—the taxonomists and systematists of grasshoppers—have identified more than 10,000 species of grasshoppers and their close relatives around the world. Over ten thousand species of grasshopper have been named by scientists. Those names are constructs. And in some cases, probably, the borders between the species being too finely drawn, the species distinctions are constructs as well. But the grasshoppers themselves? They are neither human construct, nor social construct. We came in with our science and our words and discovered truth about them, but that truth existed without us, and would continue to exist if we were to disappear.

Woman
Finally, women don’t exist without humans, but that is only because the category itself is defined by being a type of human. But women would continue to exist without there being words about women, or opinions, or stereotypes. Women exist outside of our framework for naming them.

There are other types of humans of course. There are Oregonians, for instance—people who live in the state of Oregon—of which I am, at present, one. But there are also native Oregonians—people born in Oregon—which I am not now and can never be. I cannot change history, my own or anyone else’s.

Similarly, each of us went down a non-reversible path very early in our existence, which established further pathways and systems—anatomical, physiological, endocrinological, neurological, more—which do not reverse, and which come to characterize one sex or the other. There are sometimes errors and anomalies—intersex people do exist. And there are sometimes mismatches between chromosomes and anatomy and brain—trans people do exist, but are extremely rare3. And while trans people can attempt to bring their appearance into alignment with what their brains tell them they are—sometimes due to increasingly well understood genetic abnormalities—they cannot actually transition from one sex to the other. No mammal can do that.

The words transwoman and transman are thus neologisms, coined, we would hope, to offer respect to trans people. But the words are being weaponized, taken to mean their constituent parts. This is not how language works (but it is how sophistry works). Just as pineapples are not apples, transwomen are not women. Because transwomen are male.

There is so much to say on this and related topics. I have written and spoken extensively on the subjects of sex and gender elsewhere. Here are just a few:

• On this week’s DarkHorse livestream (March 26, 2022), Bret Weinstein and I spent the whole episode talking about what a woman is, including a discussion of gametes and anisogamy, mechanisms of sex determination, and why we cannot let the sophists win.
  • And Bret and I spend a chapter each on Sex and Gender, and Parenthood and Relationship, in our NYT bestselling book, A Hunter-Gatherer’s Guide to the 21st Century.
  • My Areo essay from September 2020 includes analyses of the evolution of, as the title suggests, Sex, Love and Sexual Autism.
  • In 2018, I gave an invited talk at the Krishnamurti Institute titled Female and Male, Conflict and Cooperation: On the Evolution of Relationship
  • Here is a short Substack piece on male pregnancy in seahorses.
  • And in this tweet thread from April 1, 2021, I discuss the phylogenetic thinking behind the conclusion that, in our lineage, we have been sexually reproducing for at least 500 million years. Here’s another tweet thread that begins “Testosterone does not make the man.” I’ve done a number of tweet threads on sex and gender; if you want to find more, go to twitter search, search on @HeatherEHeying under “from these accounts” and search on e.g., sex, gender, gametes, or trans.
One woman doing a variety of things, looking a variety of ways, thinking a variety of thoughts, none of which affects whether or not she is (I am) a woman.

Last edited:
Came across this Substack that is pretty good:

I Am a Woman​

And a Biologist​

It is, of course, the most obvious thing that should not even need mention, not ever needing to point out the natural biological facts and be positioned to argue over. However, was still glad in our times that she stepped up and wrote it.

One hundred and eighty degrees away from sanity and back into the abject depths of stupidity and insanity (and dare say criminality that has not had a true test), in the land above the U.S. the pathological will not relent, no, they double down with other peoples children - they show not a shred of shame:

Taxpayer funding for child sex changes offered on Ontario NDP platform

Taxpayer funding for child sex changes offered on Ontario NDP platform​

The Ontario NDP 2022 platform proposes full taxpayer funding for medically-induced gender transitions and operations for transgender youth.

In the platform’s “health equity” section, NDP leader Andrea Horwath committed to providing “full coverage of transition drugs and medications” and to make it easier for people including kids to access sex change surgeries.

“Immediately begin work to improve access to gender-affirming procedures and surgeries and make transition drugs free,” the platform states. “We’ll work to ensure full coverage of transition drugs and medications.”

Currently, Ontario has several clinics which provide medical transition support services to youth. The province also doesn’t have an age of consent for gender reassignment treatment or counselling.

“There is no general age of consent to treatment or counselling; instead, the issue depends on whether the young person is capable of consenting,” writes the Canadian Mental Health Association.

Father and activist Chris Elston spoke to True North about the Ontario NDP’s proposed policy. Elston is better known as “Billboard Chris” for travelling across North America in an attempt to expose gender ideology and its effects on children.

“The NDP has been completely captured by the most radical wing of their party who think that it is somehow loving and kind to try to change the sex of a child with unregulated, unproven, experimental puberty blocking drugs and opposite-sex hormones that leave children infertile, anorgasmic, and dependent on pharmaceutical drugs for the rest of their life,” said Elston.

“Historically, 80 – 90% of children with gender dysphoria simply grew out of it, and the majority grew up to be gay. So in addition to other problems with the ‘gender affirming care’ or ‘affirmation only’ model, this is very damaging to kids who would just grow up to be gay.”

Elston pointed to a lack of proper clinical trials for puberty blockers like gonadotropin releasing hormone agonists and a ballooning mental health crisis among youth.

“This is a mental health crisis that is being ignored, and the practice at gender clinics now is to simply affirm the child’s self-diagnosis as trans, and start them on a medical pathway that causes permanent physical damage. The NDP is also ignoring the huge numbers of children on the autism spectrum, or in state care who are presenting as trans,” Elston told True North.

Additionally, the opposition party squaring off against the ruling Progressive Conservatives in the upcoming election seeks to pass Bill-17, also known as the Gender Affirming Health Care Advisory Committee Act.

The law seeks to speed up the process by which a person including a minor could access a medically induced gender transition. Transgender “youth” are specifically mentioned as a group represented by the policy.

If passed it would lead to the creation of a Gender Affirming Health Care Advisory Committee which would advise Ontario’s Minister of Health on changes to the provincial healthcare system.

Critics have also said that it would reduce the number of referrals required from doctors before transgender individuals can be operated on.

“If this policy is enacted, more children will simply be fast-tracked into irreversible harm from puberty blockers, cross-sex hormones, and surgeries, with no clinical basis to support that this is positive for their mental health,” said Elston.

“Thousands of children will end up sterilized, with health problems for life, in what is arguably the greatest child abuse medical scandal in modern medicine history.”

In the bill, gender affirming care is defined as “procedures, medical treatments and referral processes that align a patient’s body and physical presentation with their gender identity.”

Gender transitioning procedures include double mastectomies, facial feminization surgery and other surgical procedures.

NDP MPP and sponsor of the bill Suze Morrison has also tweeted that the law encompasses increasing access to trans children.

Ontarians will head to the polls for the 2022 Ontario general on June 2.

Weaponizing gender is no new thing, and as the lady discusses, people are not lining up behind this (although it is another boon for the medical profession who forgot their Hippocratic Oath and have allowed their medical associations (CMA in this case) to bully them). No, people are not lining up, however the weaponization includes P.R., censoring, being arrested into a parade of unsympathetic judges for any who dare step-up with their conscious voice, or to make matters worse, if not that, their children are simple taken away by Order. If parents say anything, they are excoriated by their peers and in the press. Nothing new here, by design.

This is a hard show to watch, though - this slow burn, and I'm sorry for the parents of children (and good God the children) who are trying to withhold their consent knowing it is simply ignored. Knowing their voice as parents simply means nothing at all to those who who are given license and for those running the show.

Here is an article from back in March by Candice Malcolm. There is a video interview with the now retired professor Janice Fiamengo. The topic headline: Modern leftist feminism is making everyone miserable

Janice takes one back into the some roots (in America) of the first manifesto type actions in the year 1848, and then going forward.

1653153821027.png

Modern leftist feminism is one of the most perverse and harmful forces in our society. It tells men that they are “toxic” and need to be more like women, meanwhile, it tells women to be liberated and act more like men.

The result? Both men and women – but especially women – are self-reportedly more miserable and less fulfilled than at any previous time, according to comprehensive meta data studies.

On today’s episode of the Candice Malcolm Show, Candice is joined by one of Canada’s leading public intellectuals, retired professor Janice Fiamengo. They discuss the many, many problems with modern leftist feminism and discuss alternative advice and guidance for young people.

They also talk about the strange phenomenon of women’s college swimming superstar Lia Thomas, who has shattered pool records this year. Lia, as you may know, has the distinct advantages of being a biological male. Dr. Fiamengo clearly explains how we got to this bizarre place in our society.

Gervais Trumps Chapelle As Most-Hated Comedian Among Trans Community...​

Ricky Gervais notices the emperor has too many clothes, and dares to say it.

Gervais Trumps Chapelle As Most-Hated Comedian Among Trans Community... | ZeroHedge
Comedian Ricky Gervais is the latest comedian in hot water with the transgender community, just hours after the release of his new Netflix comedy special SuperNature. ....At the end of the special..........Gervais said: "Full disclosure: In real life of course I support trans rights. I support all human rights, and trans rights are human rights. Live your best life. Use your preferred pronouns. Be the gender that you feel that you are. But meet me halfway, ladies: Lose the [----]. That’s all I’m saying."

This popped up in RT. A little discussion was held in this thread back in 2017 about this weirdness.

Indian woman set to marry herself

The 24-year-old says it is an act of self-acceptance and self-love

Jun 2, 2022

Indian woman set to marry herself

Š Instagram / kshamachy

Kshama Bindu, 24, from Vadodara, India has announced that she is planning to hold a wedding this month – but the groom will be none other than herself.

As reported by the Times of India, the wedding will reportedly include all the traditional elements typical of an Indian wedding, such as the Saat Phere ceremony and the applying of the Sindoor – a vermillion mark indicating that a woman is married. The only thing absent will be the groom and the associated ‘baraat’ wedding procession.

“I never wanted to get married. But I did want to become a bride. So I decided to marry myself,” Kshama, who works in a private firm, said.

She says her decision to tie the knot with herself came after she realized she would become the first woman in India to practice sologamy and “set an example of self-love.”

“Self-marriage is a commitment to be there for yourself and unconditional love for oneself. It’s also an act of self-acceptance. People marry someone they love. I love myself and hence this wedding,”
she explained.

Kshama added that her self-marriage is an attempt to show that “women matter,” even if some people think it is nothing but a joke.
The wedding is set to be held at a temple in Gotri on June 11. Kshama says she has already received her parent’s blessings for the union, and that she has written five vows she will recite to herself during the ceremony.

And, of course, she will also go on a honeymoon trip, for which she decided on Goa, where she will stay for two weeks after the wedding.

Sologamy, also known as autogamy, is the marriage of a person to themselves. The practice has become more widespread in the 21st century, especially among women, as supporters of the idea argue that it affirms one’s own value and leads to a happier life. However, self-marriage has yet to be legally recognized in any country, and has quite a way to go before becoming a social norm.

New documentary from the Daily Wire crew - 'What is a Woman'? Looks to be interesting. From this trailer, it appears Jordan Petersen makes an appearance.

Well, that documentary may cause some ripples with certain types.

The question 'what is a woman' could also be asked 'what is a woman not,' - respectively, not a man and, 'not' a man, might possibly be the answers to both; biologically speaking, with room for emotional and psychological leanings to male (and vice versa). Briefly viewed, the question asked seems to have stumped many women, and men.

As for the chemical castration doctors and others on the scalpel 'business' end, they were not happy to be asked any questions not to their liking.

Peterson asks the question of masculine girl's and fermium boy's, "what are we going to do, carve them up?," he said. That is a good moral question, in plain speaking.

It was noted that there is a shorter second 'teaser' video on their site, too:

No comment...

1653993362812.png

Amazing what passes for art these days on the emotional and psychological spectrum. From this article in the comment box:

"The destruction of art is not due merely to chance. The psychopathic elites want to exert total control over every one of us. To achieve their goal they need us to be as ignorant and isolated as possible, hence the concerted annihilation of cultural references like true art, good education, objective history and open-minded science, and the eradication of what infuses a sense of community: religion, ethnicity, nation-state, and family."

Well, that documentary may cause some ripples with certain types.

The question 'what is a woman' could also be asked 'what is a woman not,' - respectively, not a man and, 'not' ....
What Is A Woman? Review of a Cultural Turning Point
The most important documentary of the year breaks the spell and is a reckoning for gender ideology
Candace Mercer
3 hrs agp

TRIGGER WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS

I am a progressive activist who has supported LGBT causes, rights and liberation my entire life. The modern iteration of transgender social contagion has caused me to revise my views due to the medical mutilation and disabling of healthy children. My commitment to second and third wave feminism is also quite offended by the stereotyping of women and young autistic women wanting to opt out of their sex.

am repelled by the erasure of gays and lesbians from the rainbow coalition who shame them for their “genital preferences” and called “transphobic” for not wanting to sleep with the opposite sex. It’s called the “cotton ceiling” or the “boxer ceiling,” depending on whether lesbian and gay men are targeted. There are workshops for gay men to get over their aversion to vaginas.

I am not OK with being a nonconsensual NPC in older men’s autogynephilia for whom youth transition gives cover, the ultimate beard. When we ratify their illusion of womenhood, they get “gender euphoria” which is code word for boners. I am not OK with children performing sexually suggestive dances in kid’s drag shows. Which also gives certain people boners. I am also not OK with the boners men get when they attempt to “chestfeed” infants, who become another prop in their urge to quell “dysphoria.”

Gender Ideology destroys lives. I recently advanced that bold statement and laid out the reasons why in this essay. It is an overview of the industry and its effects. I talk about what they do not want you to know. So does Matt Walsh’s new documentary What Is A Woman?
CONT READING:

----------

Author of review, included a link to this essay, which is a four part series. The following is an excerpt...

Back
Top Bottom