Star Wars

The peculiar appearance of R2D2 and C-3PO in Stockholm
17 August 2012

My second husband and I were walking along the area of Gullmarsplan Plaza in southern Stockholm, on our way to the airport. As we were talking, I gazed to the side, and fetched a rather peculiar sight... two figures. At closer inspection, in the middle of nowhere, inside the closed off subway perimeter; a life sized R2D2 and C-3PO ... just standing there... :wow:

It was a baffling sight, because those figures weren't obvious to spot, due to its quirky placement - and the place itself was so "off" from the normal view. A boring, ugly, dark-ish walkway you pass, in order to get to the subway Gullmarsplan station. Surrounded on each side with a lifeless dirty "no-mans land", together with a fence that makes you really not bother to look to the left nor right.

The figures were gone days/weeks later. Whomever made those Star Wars figures, put a lot of effort into them. Very cool.
I wanted to show you these photos for more than a year, but I never found them until recently. :-)

2012-08-17-10-55-28.jpg

2012-08-17-10-56-57.jpg

2012-08-17-10-57-35.jpg

Today, Disney+ started streaming new Obi-Wan Kenobi series:

A JEDI MASTER’S UNTOLD STORY

The story begins 1‍0 ye‍ar‍s after the dramatic events of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith where Obi‑Wan Kenobi faced his greatest defeat - the corruption of his friend and Jedi apprentice, Anakin Skywalker, turned evil Sith Lord Darth Vader. Stream the Disney+ Original now.

2022_5largeimg_676753279.jpg

Didn't post any trailers here, since I don't think any of you want any spoilers... :lol:

Looks like no one mentioned "Andor" yet. It's a new series, and I highly recommend it.

Truth be told that Star Wars Universe has other quality shows. For example, despite Clone Wars and Rebels being animated series, their excellent writing makes the characters come to life, and makes us care and worry about them as if they were live acting.

But Andor appears to be on a completely different level. A more mature level. Apparently there are some who complained that it was too slow or boring, and not enough action. But imo this is what makes the show so good. They made sure to both emphasize the character development and also show how the Empire affected everyone in their own way.

It shows the very beginning of the rebellion, and obviously it wasn't easy. The writers and the producers did a good job at showing the crushing control of the Empire, and the extreme care everyone had to take in order to escape its control.

Imo, it's a good example of a somewhat "dark" and serious show, but without the unnecessary gore or nudity.

P.S. If you haven't watched the movie "Rogue One". I recommend you watching it first, because the main character is from this movie. But it doesn't appear to be mandatory.

Last edited:
Looks like no one mentioned "Andor" yet. It's a new series, and I highly recommend it.
Thanks for the recommendation. I was thinking about cancelling my Disney+ subscription, as I haven't watched anything since Obi-Wan Kenobi. I didn't watch The Book of Boba Fett and I heard it was good, but maybe I'll go with Andor first. And I really liked Rogue One.

It's been 7 episodes already, and Andor appears to be the best Star Wars show ever done. At least by Disney+. And this is coming from a Star Trek fan. ;-) Apparently Andor suffers from a very low viewship, and hopefully it won't turn out to be another Firefly. If you like Star Wars Universe, then I suggest you to watch Andor, because this is the most adult Star Wars to date. Solid writing and acting, and a good depiction of resistance in its infancy.

Also a good depiction of choices and their consequences.

It's been 7 episodes already, and Andor appears to be the best Star Wars show ever done. At least by Disney+. And this is coming from a Star Trek fan. ;-) Apparently Andor suffers from a very low viewship, and hopefully it won't turn out to be another Firefly. If you like Star Wars Universe, then I suggest you to watch Andor, because this is the most adult Star Wars to date. Solid writing and acting, and a good depiction of resistance in its infancy.

Agreed! The writing, acting, and direction have been great so far. And the characters seem like real, fleshed-out people. The Empire isn't a cartoon villain, and the rebellion has some complex characters with differing motivations. As a kid I was a huge Star Wars fan, and this show manages to capture the tone and depth I was hoping they were going for when they first announced the new Disney movies. Well, those disappointed, but Andor doesn't, IMO.

Yes, it is an excellent series and worth a watch. So far 24 episodes are planned.

Especially in this series, the costumes of the empire have a strong resemblance to the Nazi time.

Yes, it is an excellent series and worth a watch. So far 24 episodes are planned.

Especially in this series, the costumes of the empire have a strong resemblance to the Nazi time.
Ah, thanks for the recommendation, I must admit that after I watched what they did with Obi Wan, I had no intention of watching Andor, but I might just give it a try after reading your reviews.

Will update here once I have something to share. Watched Rouge One so I should be good to go.

After being very disappointed with Obi-Wan and Boba Fett, I was pretty hesitant to start another SW show. But I'm glad I did. This is what we all were hoping for I think. As AI says, complex characters on both sides. That makes for more interesting storytelling. Funny, not a single Jedi in sight and it's the best Star Wars TV show!

I remembered watching Star Wars for the first when I was a child, on a TV and I watched them in the order that was settled by TV program.
In what order do you watch it or recommending to watch?

I started rewatching it yesterday, as I found in the web, i watched one hour of the first episode:

1. Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace.
2. Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones.
3. Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
4. Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith.
5. Solo: A Star Wars Story.
6. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
7. Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope.
8. Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back.

I was listening lectures and the lecturer qouted the quote the @Jenn quotes, this one :

"Yoda: Careful you must be when sensing the future, Anakin! The fear of loss is a path to the Dark Side."
Anakin: "I won't let my visions come true, Master Yoda."
Yoda: "Rejoice for those around us who transform into the Force. Mourn them, do not. Miss them, do not. Attachment leads to jealousy, the shadow of greed, that is."
Anakin: "What must I do, Master Yoda?"
Yoda: "Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

So this massege that Yoda did to Anakin stayed in my mind for some time on the repeat. It actually sounds great in Russian for me, the last massage:

Отпустить ты должен то, что так потерять боишься.

That's why I have a desire to rewatch Star Wars.
Actually it is on the top list of the movies I watched and the great thing that I watched it long ago last time, I can look at it from different perspective.

P.S. I haven't read your posts, I dont want to make a spoiler for myself.

Joda quote :
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
I actually went through those phases after divorce.
Firstly I was afraid to loose my ex-wife, then I become feeling anger towards her (the strangling was all this time), fortunately it didn't converted into hate. I was trying to redirect that feeling and right now I feel love towards her and compassion.

An addition, I understand that karma (or samscara ) return to one accordingly to the feeling another one felt like.

I will try to make an example:
You may make harm to a person, but that way of suffering, the way this person perceives it, you don't know.
For some this harm may be an easy thing, for another one it may leads to total destruction.
Actually, I have seen that kind of situation.

I want to point out that we don't know what portions of struggling we gives to another person. The way you perceive it, may be totally different to another person.

And I dont want for my ex-wife to suffer that much, that is why I have to recover myself first.

Andor - Star Wars is the new V for Vendetta! Highly recommended watch, best since the Mandalorian. But with lots more revolutionary content! Its like written for the Trump Insurrection. Excellent music and top notch acting as well, beside the stellar writing!

So in the last episode the elderly lady martyr - who is the former leader of the esteemed [in local community] Daughters of Ferrix - is holo-projected above the crowd, so everybody hears her speak. This is after her death. While the Empire's black and white storm-troopers have surrounded the mourning crowd (The People are holding a funeral procession for their beloved martyr). Actually at a lot of places (episodes) in this TV Show, the superb writing is very much like V-for-Vendetta. Here is her full speech. Since this is the final episode, the music and camera work and building up the emotions is epic:
"
I'm honored to stand before you.

MAARVA: I'm honored to be a Daughter of Ferrix, and honored to be worthy of the stone.

Strange, I... feel as if I can see it.

I was six, I think, first time I touched a funerary stone. Heard our music, felt our history.

Holding my sister's hand as we walked all the way from Fountain Square.

Where you stand now, I've been more times than I can remember.
I always wanted to be lifted.

I was always eager, always waiting to be inspired.
I remember every time it happened, every time the dead lifted me...

With their truth.

And now I'm dead.

And I yearn to lift you.

Not because I want to shine or even be remembered.

It's because I want you to go on.

I want [the mining colony planet] Ferrix to continue.

In my waning hours, that's what comforts me most.

But I fear for you.

We've been sleeping.

We've had each other, and Ferrix, our work, our days.

We had each other, and they left us alone.

We kept the trade lanes open, and they left us alone.

We took their money and ignored them [The Empire], we kept their engines churning,

and the moment they pulled away,
we forgot them.

(SIGHS) Because we had each other.

We had Ferrix.

But we were sleeping.

I've been sleeping.

And I've been turning away from the truth
I wanted not to face.

There is a wound that won't heal at the center of the galaxy.

There is a darkness reaching like rust into everything around us.

We let it grow, and now it's here.

It's here, and it's not visiting anymore.

It wants to stay. [camera shows large number of storm-troopers surrounding the funeral procession, where the martyr speaks via Star Wars-style holo-projection]

The Empire is a disease that thrives in darkness,

it is never more alive than when we sleep.

It's easy for the dead to tell you to fight,

and maybe it's true, maybe fighting is useless.

Perhaps it's too late.

But I'll tell you this...

If I could do it again,

I'd wake up early
and be fighting these bastards...

MAARVA: ...from the start.

Fight the Empire!
"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom