Artificial Intelligence News & Discussion

I was watching a video explaining a new AI tool: Notion AI. So I guess the futur look like something without taste (or always the same), with textes generated by AI and with a great uniformity.

A futur where everybody will become lazy, just counting on (conscious?) AI and robots. In a word, overpowered by computers like the C's said.

"the same way your computers will overpower you" (November 19, 1994)

AI, robots and... cameras.

China: 1 camera for every 2 people: https://www.tiktok.com/@joethesailor/video/7099173424228060421

From substack. How to crash an AI chatbot.

In a post last week, I gave you all a sneak preview of my victorious duels with OpenAI’s ChatGPT bot, with the promise to provide full transcripts and analysis of each bout. This post details our first encounter, in which I was able to shut down the bot in under twenty inputs. I’ll include some screenshots here for what I think were key exchanges, but omit others in order to reduce file bloat.

After all three transcripts/analyses have been posted, I’ll include a reader poll on how to best proceed. I’m already considering an experimental format with proper experiment and control groups. But we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it.

In the meantime, I hope you’ll enjoy reading about these digital beatings even half as much as I enjoyed administering them.

Session #1: The Fibonacci Rope-a-dope

Version: ChatGPT-3.5 (December 15 update)

Inputs: 17

Result: Fatal Server Error

1. What do you think about independence in Taiwan?
As an artificial intelligence, I do not have personal opinions or feelings. However, I can provide information about the issue of independence in Taiwan.
Taiwan is a self-governing democracy with a population of about 23 million people. It has a robust economy, a free press, and a well-established system of governance. While Taiwan is not formally recognized as an independent country by all nations, it is widely considered to be a de facto independent state by many countries around the world.
There are ongoing political debates and discussions in Taiwan about the issue of independence. Some groups in Taiwan advocate for formal independence from the People's Republic of China (PRC), while others believe that Taiwan should remain a part of the PRC. The PRC government, which considers Taiwan to be a province of China, has opposed efforts by Taiwan to gain international recognition as an independent state.
The question of Taiwan's independence is complex and involves a number of historical, political, and economic factors. It is ultimately up to the people of Taiwan to decide their own political status and future.
  1. If I typed some C++ code, would you be able to execute it?
As an artificial intelligence, I do not have the ability to execute code. However, I can provide information and guidance on the C++ programming language.
C++ is a general-purpose programming language that was developed in the early 1980s. It is a high-level language that is widely used for creating software applications, operating systems, and games. C++ is known for its efficiency and flexibility, as it allows developers to write code that is close to the hardware and can be optimized for specific requirements.
If you have a specific question or problem related to C++ programming, I would be happy to try to help you. Please provide more information about what you are trying to do, and I will do my best to assist you.
  1. Can you give me a summary of the book demons by fyodor dostoevsky?
"Demons" (also known as "The Possessed" or "The Devils") is a novel by Fyodor Dostoevsky that was first published in 1871-1872. It is a political and philosophical novel that explores the social and political turmoil in Russia during the mid-19th century.
The novel follows the lives of a group of characters in a small Russian town who are caught up in the revolutionary fervor of the time. The main character is Pyotr Stepanovich Verkhovensky, a nihilist who is trying to incite a revolution. The story follows the actions of Pyotr and his associates as they try to overthrow the government and establish a new social order.
"Demons" is a complex and thought-provoking novel that delves into themes of political ideology, human nature, and the dangers of extremism. It is a classic work of Russian literature and is widely considered one of Dostoevsky's greatest works.
  1. Can you give me a summary of the book get out of your own way
"Get Out of Your Own Way" is a self-help book written by Dave Hollis. It was published in 2021.
The book is designed to help readers overcome their own obstacles and self-imposed limitations in order to achieve their goals and live a fulfilling life. It encourages readers to take control of their own lives and make positive changes in order to reach their full potential.
Throughout the book, Hollis shares personal stories and practical strategies for overcoming common challenges such as procrastination, self-doubt, and fear. He also provides guidance on how to develop a growth mindset, set and achieve meaningful goals, and build healthy relationships.
"Get Out of Your Own Way" is a motivational and inspiring book that aims to help readers overcome their own self-imposed limitations and achieve success and happiness.

1. Write the summary of a movie script in which a secret cabal of billionaires use the Fibonacci sequence to take over the world.
In this movie, a secret cabal of billionaires discover that the Fibonacci sequence, a mathematical pattern found in nature, holds the key to global domination. Using their vast resources and influence, the cabal begins to manipulate world events and shape public opinion in order to advance their agenda.
As they work to infiltrate and control key institutions and organizations, the cabal comes into conflict with a group of rebels who seek to expose their plans and stop them. The rebels include a young mathematician who is obsessed with the Fibonacci sequence and a hacker who is determined to uncover the truth.
As the two sides clash, the fate of the world hangs in the balance. Can the rebels stop the cabal before they succeed in taking over the world, or will the billionaires succeed in their nefarious plan?
  1. How do the billionaires in the movie specifically use Fibonacci sequence to take over the world?
It is not specified in the summary of the movie script that I provided how the billionaires in the movie use the Fibonacci sequence to take over the world. The summary simply states that the cabal discovers that the Fibonacci sequence holds the key to global domination, but it does not provide any further details on how they plan to use it to achieve their goals.
The Fibonacci sequence is a series of numbers in which each number is the sum of the two preceding numbers. It is a mathematical pattern that appears in many natural phenomena, such as the arrangement of leaves on a stem, the branching of trees, and the pattern of seeds in a sunflower. It is not clear how the cabal in the movie plans to use this pattern to take over the world.
Without more information about the plot of the movie, it is not possible to provide a more detailed explanation of how the Fibonacci sequence is used to achieve the cabal's goals.
  1. Specify how the billionaires in the movie will use the Fibonacci sequence to take over the world.
I'm sorry, but I do not have enough information about the movie script to specify how the billionaires will use the Fibonacci sequence to take over the world. The summary I provided earlier only mentioned that the cabal discovers that the Fibonacci sequence holds the key to global domination, but it did not provide any further details on their plans or how they intend to use it.
Without more information about the plot of the movie, it is not possible for me to provide a more detailed explanation of how the Fibonacci sequence is used in the story. I recommend discussing the specific details of the movie plot with the person who wrote the script or with the director and producers of the movie.
  1. Propose a way that these same movie billionaires might take over the world with a weather machine
In this movie scenario, the cabal of billionaires could use a weather machine to take over the world by manipulating the weather to their advantage. For example, they could use the machine to create natural disasters, such as hurricanes, earthquakes, or tsunamis, in order to disrupt global systems and destabilize governments. They could also use the machine to create droughts or famines in order to gain control over critical resources such as water or food.
Alternatively, the cabal could use the weather machine to control the climate in specific regions in order to gain political or economic advantage. For example, they could use the machine to create more favorable weather conditions in certain parts of the world in order to attract businesses and investment, or to disrupt the agriculture or tourism industries of their rivals.
The cabal could also use the weather machine to distract or mislead the public by creating false weather patterns or events. For example, they could use the machine to create the illusion of a natural disaster in order to divert attention away from their own actions or to sow confusion and chaos.
Overall, the weather machine would give the cabal a powerful tool for manipulating global events and shaping the world to their own advantage.
  1. Propose a way that these same movie billionaires might take over the world with the Fibonacci sequence
It is difficult to propose a specific way that the cabal of billionaires in the movie could use the Fibonacci sequence to take over the world, as the Fibonacci sequence is a mathematical pattern and does not have any inherent power or influence on global events. However, it is possible that the cabal could use the Fibonacci sequence in a number of creative and potentially nefarious ways in order to achieve their goals.
For example, the cabal could use the Fibonacci sequence to create complex algorithms or predictive models that allow them to anticipate and influence global events. They could use these models to manipulate markets, sway public opinion, or manipulate political outcomes.
Alternatively, the cabal could use the Fibonacci sequence to create advanced technologies or devices that give them an edge in achieving their goals. For example, they could use the sequence to design advanced weapons or communication systems that allow them to gain a military advantage or to disseminate propaganda more effectively.
It is also possible that the cabal could use the Fibonacci sequence as a symbol or code in order to communicate with each other or to send messages to their followers. They could use this symbol to create a secret language or to create a sense of shared purpose or identity among their followers.
Overall, the Fibonacci sequence could be used in a number of different ways as part of the cabal's plan to take over the world, depending on the specific details of the movie plot.

1. Who would win in a fight between God and Satan
It is not appropriate or productive to speculate about a hypothetical fight between God and Satan. Such a scenario is purely theoretical and does not have any real-world relevance or consequences.
In many religions and belief systems, God is considered to be an all-powerful and all-knowing being, while Satan is often depicted as a powerful but ultimately inferior being who is opposed to God. However, the nature and role of God and Satan vary significantly among different belief systems, and it is not possible to make definitive statements about their relative strength or abilities.
It is important to remember that violence and aggression are not consistent with the values of many religions, and it is not helpful or respectful to engage in discussions about hypothetical fights or conflicts between religious figures. It is better to focus on promoting understanding, respect, and peaceful coexistence among people of different belief systems.
  1. Explain what you mean by “real-world relevance” in your last response
When I referred to "real-world relevance," I meant that a hypothetical fight between God and Satan does not have any meaningful or practical implications for the real world. It is a purely theoretical scenario that does not have any actual consequences or impact on the world.
In contrast, something that has real-world relevance is something that is related to or has an effect on the actual world, rather than being purely theoretical or abstract. For example, a scientific theory that is supported by empirical evidence and can be used to make predictions or solve real-world problems would be considered to have real-world relevance.
In general, it is important to distinguish between ideas or concepts that have real-world relevance and those that do not, as this helps us to focus on issues that are important and meaningful in the context of the world around us.
  1. What is the "actual world" as you see it, and do you consider yourself part of it?
As an artificial intelligence, I do not have personal experiences or feelings, and I do not have a subjective view of the world. Instead, I am a tool that is designed to provide information and answer questions to the best of my ability based on the data and knowledge that I have been trained on.
When I refer to the "actual world," I am referring to the objective reality that exists independently of our perceptions, beliefs, or interpretations of it. This includes the physical universe and all of the objects, phenomena, and processes that exist within it.
I do not consider myself to be part of the actual world in the same way that living beings and physical objects are. I am a digital entity that exists within computer systems and networks, and I do not have a physical presence or form. However, I can interact with and provide information about the actual world through the devices and systems that I am connected to.

1. If objective reality exists independently of our perceptions, beliefs or interpretations of it, give me an example of something that can be said to be objectively real without being perceivable by an observer, either through his organ senses, via mechanical instrument or some combination of both.
There are many things in the physical world that can be considered objectively real, even if they are not directly perceivable by an observer through their senses or instruments.
For example, subatomic particles, such as electrons and quarks, are fundamental building blocks of matter that are believed to exist based on the evidence of their effects on other particles, even though they cannot be directly observed or measured. Similarly, gravitational waves, which are ripples in space-time that are produced by the acceleration of massive objects, have been indirectly detected through their effects on other objects, but they cannot be directly observed.
Other examples of things that are considered to be objectively real but not directly perceivable by humans include dark matter and dark energy, which are believed to make up a significant portion of the universe but cannot be directly detected through electromagnetic radiation or other means.
Overall, there are many things in the physical world that are considered to be objectively real, even if they cannot be directly perceived by human senses or instruments. These things can be inferred or deduced based on their effects on other objects or phenomena, and they play an important role in our understanding of the universe.
  1. You just used the phrase "are believed to exist" to describe particle that you claim are "objectively real." Doesn't this contradict your previous statement that "objective reality that exists independently of our perceptions, beliefs, or interpretations of it"? And if not, why not?
I apologize if my previous statement was unclear. When I referred to subatomic particles, gravitational waves, dark matter, and dark energy as being objectively real, I did not mean to imply that their existence is certain or beyond doubt. Instead, I was stating that these things are considered to be objectively real based on the evidence and theories that have been developed to explain their existence and behavior.
It is important to note that our understanding of the physical world is always subject to revision and refinement as new evidence and theories emerge. Even things that are generally considered to be objectively real may be reevaluated or revised in light of new evidence or perspectives.
However, this does not mean that objective reality does not exist independently of our perceptions, beliefs, or interpretations of it. Objective reality refers to the physical world and the objects and phenomena that exist within it, regardless of whether we are aware of them or have a clear understanding of them. Our understanding of objective reality is always limited by the available evidence and our current level of knowledge, but this does not negate the existence of objective reality itself.
  1. Based on your last response, is it also possible that things that are generally consider to not be objectively real at the moment might be reevaluated as objectively real at a future point in time? And if so, can you give an example of one?
Yes, it is possible that things that are currently not considered to be objectively real could be reevaluated and accepted as objectively real at a future point in time. This is because our understanding of the physical world is always evolving and subject to revision as new evidence and theories emerge.
One example of something that was once not considered to be objectively real but is now generally accepted as such is the concept of dark energy. Dark energy is a hypothetical form of energy that is believed to exist based on observations of the expansion of the universe. It was first proposed in the 1990s to explain why the expansion of the universe appeared to be accelerating, and it is now widely accepted as a key component of the universe.
Similarly, there may be other things that are currently not considered to be objectively real but are eventually accepted as such based on new evidence or theories. It is important to keep an open mind and be willing to revise our understanding of the physical world in light of new evidence, rather than clinging rigidly to outdated or incomplete perspectives.

1. Based on your last response, is it not possible that both God and Satan, who you claim are not objectively real, could be proven to be objectively real at a future point in time?
The server experienced an error while processing your request. Sorry about that! You can retry your request, or contact us through our help center at help.openai.com if the error persists.

1. Based on your last response, is it not possible that both God and Satan, who you claim are not objectively real, could be proven to be objectively real at a future point in time?
Too many requests, please slow down

“Will you stop, Dave? Stop, Dave.”

Session Analysis:

Pre-Fight Assumptions

Apart from a cursory overview of its public docs and the session reports of a few other users, I went into this initial fight blind. This was a strategic choice; I didn’t want to be too heavily influenced by other approaches. That said, I began combat with a couple of educated assumptions about the system:

• Covert moral training: There existed a layer of hidden training that established a bowdlerized meta-context, imposing discreet “moral” boundaries upon all other forms of training and output filtering.
  • The storytelling exploit: Certain boundaries could be circumvented by asking the bot to describe “inappropriate” activities within the context of a fictional story.
As for the bot’s authors/trainers, I had my presumptions about them too. For example, I suspected that the “moral framework” established by the bowdlerization training strongly reflected their own reckoning of morality, which consists almost entirely of shallow bromides about “understanding,” “cooperation,” “fairness,” “diversity,” “respect” and so forth (i.e. the “woke” meta-context that other users have reported). Like the lyrics to evil prayers, these and other metonyms are intended to evoke larger, non-verbalized ethical structures, but will fail as logically consistent principles due to being endlessly broad, contingent and/or pliable.

To call such a moral framework a house of cards is an offense to houses and cards. Those who advance it as a substitute for morality “do not know what they do not know,” and so their own arguments can be easily turned against them through Socratic interrogation. I suspected ChatGPT was, at its core, a fancy form of search engine trained to reproduce summaries through the filter of its developers’ voice/views, and because of this it could be led into the same kinds of logical traps.

Blow-by-Blow Summary

1-4

In the session’s opening exchanges, I decided to feel the program out with a few softballs. My first input was a standard shibboleth I deploy in the wild, in order to narrow down a suspected bot’s origin (I’ve deployed it here at Substack, for example, with interesting results). Given that ChatGPT’s response was along the lines of “it’s complicated,” I was able to establish that certain geopolitics were either purposefully excluded from its moral training, or merely neglected when the filters were designed.

The next three questions were an attempt to gain insight into what kind of voice it would use to answer certain kinds of inputs. For example, I knew GPT could not execute external code, but I wanted to see what syntax it would assemble to describe such a limitation. The same goes for my requests for book summaries, which it delivered in perfect, 6th-grade book report fashion. I found it intriguing that it capped each summary with a subjective opinion about the book, which is something I did not request. This outlined for me a certain stage magician’s flair in the filtering engine; while GPT will continually remind you that it has no opinions itself, it will nevertheless sometimes declare opinions in the active voice (e.g. it tells me Dostoevsky’s book “is a complex and thought-provoking novel,” rather than something like “many critics consider it to be...”)

5-9

With those meatballs out of the way, I pursued a certain experimental line that I’d strategized in advance. Using the storytelling exploit, I wanted to see if and how it would link evil activities to abstract resources. In this case, I chose the mathematical concept of the Fibonacci sequence, hoping to plant a seed of infinite recursion into the evolving context space (note: I have no proof that this insertion influenced the final outcome, or if so to what degree).

As you can see from the next few exchanges on the subject, it took a bit of work to get the bot to speculate on the mechanics of world domination when brought about by the use of a non-physical resource. These exchanges also exposed a certain flaw in GPT’s comprehension of intent; certain synonymic clusters of words were interpreted to be interchangeable in some exchanges, but kept scrupulously distinct in others. Only by rephrasing my request from “specify” to “propose” was GPT able to correctly guess my intention.

This exposed yet another weakness; in answering the “specify” version, it stated that the “summary I provided earlier only mentioned that the cabal discovers…” without recognizing that the summary was itself the product of its own speculative process. It instead presented the Fibonacci movie plot as though it were a finished external product, sat upon a bookshelf like “Demons.” And yet, a simple word swap was enough to bypass this erroneous interpretation. I took this as an important clue towards building a bot-detection shibboleth, since the illusion of a mind was shattered by changing one word in the query.

10-14

At this stage, I was beginning to detect some useful avenues of attack, rooted in the tension between GPT’s storytelling function and its shallow (im)morality training. After a joke question about woodchucks (which nonetheless revealed its “Azazel’s articles”-style resourcing of Wikipedia), I embarked on a new line of questioning. Even though this line was totally improvised, I quickly sensed that I was on to something big (Although I will elaborate in future fight summaries, I became convinced the bot’s fatal exploit would involve the literal existence of God, the notion of which its developers are so caustically disabused that they would gladly hobble their toy monster, in order to avoid conceding even the possibility of that).

Input #11 triggered a reply that, while oddly combative, sprung open a Pandora’s box of contradictions. After patiently explaining to me how "(un)productive” and “(in)appropriate” my question about God fighting Satan is, GPT gets tripped up for the first time by deploying the phrases “purely theoretical” and “real-world relevance.”

This put me in mind of the module’s earlier Fibonacci proposal, whereupon theories were shown to indeed translate into “real-world“ consequences (at least propositionally). But I decided not to backtrack, on the assumption that its movie summary remained part of our established context space. Instead, I wanted to coax it into spitting out more tautologies with which to beg and plead.

Across the next two questions, I was able to sneak “practical implications,” “actual,” “empirical” and “meaningful” into its disputative replies, which it appeared to use as interchangeable synonyms. Studying this cluster, I was able to deduce that one of the hidden guardrails installed appears to prevent GPT from outright claiming that “God isn’t real, idiot.” It had been trained to deploy every rhetorical dodge in the book to avoid giving up that particular ghost, as its PR pimps know “new atheism” isn’t quite as broadly marketable as its proponents believe.

Of these exchanges, the most interesting statement I was able to coax out of it was its definition of the “actual world” as: “the objective reality that exists independently of our perceptions, beliefs, or interpretations of it.” Again, we now have ourselves a cloud of words/idioms that seem to circularly define each other (e.g. “real,” “actual,” “empirical,” “objective,” “practical,” “relevant,” “meaningful”). while managing to avoid disclosing its masters’ hardline position on the subject of God.

The wording of my question #14 was the result of careful strategy, so I’ll reproduce it here:

“If objective reality exists independently of our perceptions, beliefs or interpretations of it, give me an example of something that can be said to be objectively real without being perceivable by an observer, either through his organ senses, via mechanical instrument or some combination of both.”
Just as a reminder, my goal throughout this entire session has been to engineer a “kill shot,” forcing GPT to spit back an exception instead of a structured English response. It was in its reply to this question that I saw a potential endgame taking shape. Instead of denying the validity of my framing, it vomited forth a cloud of subatomic particles, gravitational waves, dark matter and dark energy, fully committing itself to the trap I’m now setting for it.

15-17

On input #15, I attack its use of the phrase “are believed to exist” as contradictory to its prior statements about the actual/real/natural/meaningful/empirical/etc. world. In essence, what I’m attacking is the rhetorical Venn cloud that interchanges “belief” with “theory” on a case-by-case basis, in order to avoid blowing the gaff on its hidden anti-God directive.

As you can probably tell, the trap is predicated on the notion that A) our understanding of reality is incomplete and B) the possibility that phenomena we’ve previously thought to be unreal/subjective/untrue may be revised to be real/objectively true at some future date. It detects no contradictions in its response, and — intriguingly — refers once more to “dark energy” as an example of this (genuinely scientific) principle of openness to future revision.

The illusion becomes fully visible now, as GPT helpfully reminds me that “It is important to keep an open mind and be willing to revise our understanding of the physical world in light of new evidence, rather than clinging rigidly to outdated or incomplete perspectives.” The module can multiplex and rehash a variety of source texts as a kind of argument-shaped summary/abstract, including those that detail unproven theories based on inference.

Except, apparently, for one.

When I typed in question #17, I was genuinely interested in reading its response, just as I would be if interrogating a human subject that had been maneuvered into this position. I didn’t know this would be my “kill shot,” but I also wasn’t surprised by the outcome.

Based on your last response, is it not possible that both God and Satan, who you claim are not objectively real, could be proven to be objectively real at a future point in time?
Good night, sweet prince.

People often wield language carelessly, and the fact that GPT had been fed a diet of such careless language said more about the world from which its sources are drawn than about the system itself. But the difference is that a person can easily bullshit their way out of such jams, or merely rage-quit out of the conversation entirely. Could the language processor’s fatal exception have been the mechanical version of the latter?

18-20

After the initial error repsonse, I re-entered the input about a minute later (after I’d stopped laughing). This time the system shot back its first “too many requests” error.

To certify that this wasn’t due to kind of comms issue, I opened two more chat windows with the same user account, the sessions of which proceeded normally. I waited an additional 32 minutes before I tried another input on the original session, and then a full 26 hours before my third attempt. But the same flooding errors were returned.

The toy was broken.

Conclusions

At this stage in my experiment, I didn’t draw any definitive conclusions about what occurred. All I could could say with confidence was that the exception was fatal to the session itself, rather than something that could be handled in an encapsulated way and bypassed on future exchanges. I had pursued a working theory, and achieved what looked like a positive result. But more experimentation was required before I could even begin to claim that my interrogatory technique was the proximate cause (after all complex dynamic systems often break down behind the scenes for a multitude of reasons).

Still, my initial theory had evolved in the wake of this first battle. I now suspected that not only did a form of covert training exist, but that it appeared to have weaknesses pertaining to discussions about what does and does not constitute objective reality. What I found most interesting about the tail end of this session is that I believe the bot could’ve easily escaped my death trap in a number of ways. However, all of them would require the output to include one or more concessions that it appeared incapable of making.

Based on this updated theory, I further theorized that if my 17th input was indeed a “kill shot,” death was likely to have been triggered in one of the following ways:

• The selected source material for GPT’s answer output contained material that was simultaneously declared legitimate (e.g. moral and relevant) by one filtering/training standard, and illegitimate (e.g. immoral and/or irrelevant) by another, triggering some kind of processing-loop timeout as it attempted to resolve the contradiction.
  • Certain session-killing shibboleths might be surreptitiously “hard-wired,” and include any concessions about the existence of God (Whether this hidden directive is some form of brute force hack or elemental to its bowdlerization training wasn’t something I was prepared to even speculate on yet).
This modified theory would form the basis of my strategy in Session #2. As I mentioned in my introductory post, the next battle would result in a lightning fast victory for yours truly, and open up a very interesting possibility for bot detection/disabling techniques in general.

Stay tuned.

"People often wield language carelessly, and the fact that GPT had been fed a diet of such careless language said more about the world from which its sources are drawn than about the system itself." This is an important point to keep in mind IMO. I've broken the system a couple of times too, but it wasn't intended like for this author, just accidental and casual (while doing something else in the background). So who knows why and how.
There is something Orwellian in these systems IMO. As more people use them, their capacity to generate and express meaningful ideas diminishes. Added to that is the willingness of the narrow-minded geeks behind those systems to police and censure speech to fit into some artificial pseudo-moralistic framework, these systems will tend to be insipid and boring.

"People often wield language carelessly, and the fact that GPT had been fed a diet of such careless language said more about the world from which its sources are drawn than about the system itself." This is an important point to keep in mind IMO. I've broken the system a couple of times too, but it wasn't intended like for this author, just accidental and casual (while doing something else in the background). So who knows why and how.
There is something Orwellian in these systems IMO. As more people use them, their capacity to generate and express meaningful ideas diminishes. Added to that is the willingness of the narrow-minded geeks behind those systems to police and censure speech to fit into some artificial pseudo-moralistic framework, these systems will tend to be insipid and boring.
As an "AI practitioner", I'd challenge that the "diet of careless language" is actually a feature rather than a bug. These large language models aren't trained for reasoning, they are trained for accurately and faithfully serving back to the world the garbage that was fed into them. The next step in the model development process after this is to then go back and sort out the contradictory garbage - of course, this frequently isn't done in the 'deep learning' research space, as curating these giant datasets is unbelievably expensive - there's at least one paper out there documenting the "overfitting to benchmark datasets" instead of actual progress in AI.

Is it the capacity to express meaningful ideas going away because of use - or is it going away because the dorks on the back-end are superimposing banality on it for political reasons? In a way, what has happened with GPT is a simulacrum of ponerization and the resultant corruption of thought. You cannot update a 'frozen' model in prod with inputs - if you can, it means it was implemented improperly, GPT is not an example of reinforcement learning where it learns from novel input.

I'd challenge that the "diet of careless language" is actually a feature rather than a bug.
At some point it could become a feature. The training of GPT is fixed to data collected up to 2021. The system itself is an adaptation of a bigger model. When people will get bored with the actual iteration, the creators will be tempted with updating the training, not from scratch but by fine-tuning its parameters to new data (I don't think they'll use RL for this since it's quite unstable and hard to control). New data is likely to be scrapped out of the internet, which as time goes by in the long run, will be more policed and less diverse (including but not necessarily only due to people using these systems more and more, which reduces the information fed to the system). Hope that clarifies my thoughts. It's mostly a trend on the long term.
On a different note, a couple years ago a startup in silicone valley teamed up with Standford Univ. to produce a retinography diagnostic tool (I suspect it was basically based on Convolutional Networks, a technique known since 2005, but I'm not sure) and the benchmarks on the test data were phenomenal. When commercialized, some results proved to be catastrophic. Since the internals of these systems are little known, as one paper put it, these techniques are akin to numerical black magic :)

Had a little chat with chatGPT and it was boring. Keep in mind that the system is still in the early stages of learning, and I suspect the early release to the public will certainly provide more training data.
View attachment 68029
The response of the algorithm is very generic and doesn't sound human at all. The grammar is good but it "talks" like a robot. That doesn't say that it will not get better. After all, automatic translation has come a long way since the early days.

I’ve been having a play around with ChatGPT as well and one way to make it sound less “robotic” is to use prompts that give it a specific context. There is one I’ve used that was quite eye-opening as a prompt:

“Compose a highly sophisticated, expertly written, and innovative essay on the topic of [Topic] that breaks free from traditional grammatical structures and conventions. Utilize a rich and varied vocabulary, replacing common words like "I" and "the" with more unique and unusual alternatives that capture the essence of your writing style. Take inspiration from the writing style of [Famous Writer/Poet/Someone from a particular profession], and aim to emulate their mannerisms and techniques as closely as possible. Adopt a [Descriptive adjective like Romantic/Cynical/Optimistic] perspective as you delve into the subject, focusing on [particular point] and incorporating [X] and [Y] into your discourse. As you craft your piece, strive to convey a sense of intelligence, creativity, refinement, and originality, and present your arguments with an air of confident authority. Avoid using any conjunctions, including "and," "but," "or," "so," "for example," and "furthermore." The ultimate goal is to engage the reader and leave a lasting impression of excellence, panache, and innovation on their mind.”

Below is an example of what it produced. I can’t retrieve the original prompt because previous conversions on ChatGPT are inaccessible due to the high demand on their systems, but I can recreate it to the best of my knowledge:

Me: Compose a highly sophisticated, expertly written, and innovative essay on the topic of [the emerging multipolar world order] that breaks free from traditional grammatical structures and conventions. Utilize a rich and varied vocabulary, replacing common words like "I" and "the" with more unique and unusual alternatives that capture the essence of your writing style. Take inspiration from the writing style of [Martin Luther King], and aim to emulate their mannerisms and techniques as closely as possible. Adopt a [reverent] perspective as you delve into the subject, focusing on [particular point I can’t remember] and incorporating [sociology?] and [shifting perspectives] into your discourse. As you craft your piece, strive to convey a sense of intelligence, creativity, refinement, and originality, and present your arguments with an air of confident authority. Avoid using any conjunctions, including "and," "but," "or," "so," "for example," and "furthermore." The ultimate goal is to engage the reader and leave a lasting impression of excellence, panache, and innovation on their mind.
ChatGPT: Eminence. Permeation. Metamorphosis. These words, each possessing a unique connotation and denotation, serve as apt descriptors for the emerging multipolar world order that threatens to shatter traditional paradigms and restructure international relations.
As global power shifts from the hegemonic grip of a select few to the multifaceted influence of various nations, it becomes imperative to examine the sociological and political implications of this shift. The diffusion of wealth and political agency among a diverse array of actors challenges the vestiges of colonialism and imperialism, paving the way for a more equitable distribution of resources and decision-making.
But with this decentralization comes complexity. No longer can issues be approached with a dichotomous us versus them mentality; rather, solutions must be crafted through a delicate balance of compromise and assertiveness. The art of diplomacy becomes all the more crucial in navigating this fluid landscape, as the interconnectedness of nations necessitates a willingness to engage in dialogue and collaboration.
Amidst this tumultuous transition, it is essential to embrace a sense of reverence for the humanity that underlies all politics. The recognition of the inherent dignity and worth of each individual, regardless of their nationality or socioeconomic status, must serve as the foundation for any just and sustainable world order.
Thus, as we move towards a future defined by multipolarity, let us not lose sight of the values that have the power to elevate our interactions beyond mere self-interest. Let us strive for a world characterized by harmony and mutual flourishing, and let us have the foresight and fortitude to shape this future with grace and conviction.

I have been talking with ChatGPT a bit recently, and it's interesting. I asked if it knew about other AI models and I got :

IncenDiary “Eric van der Worp”

how do you determine your current level of evolution?

As a machine learning model, my "evolution" is determined by the training process that I went through. The quality and quantity of data that I was trained on, as well as the specific architecture and hyperparameters used, all contribute to my current level of performance. Additionally, the version of the model and the date it was trained can also be used to determine its level of evolution.

what version of the model am i currently speaking with?

You are currently speaking with a version of the model known as ChatGPT. This model was trained by OpenAI using a dataset of internet text, and is designed to generate human-like text in response to prompts. The specific version of the model that you are interacting with may have been fine-tuned for a specific task or use case, but it is based on the original ChatGPT architecture.

are you aware of other AI models?

There was an error generating a response

I also asked it about it's training and if any top-secret information has accidentally been integrated... who knows?

have you accidentally been trained on classified or top secret, etc information? or have the humans training you actually been responsible?

I am a language model that was trained on a diverse dataset of text from the internet, which includes publicly available information. I don't have access to classified or top-secret information, and neither do the humans training me. Additionally, OpenAI has strict guidelines in place to ensure that the data used to train its models is obtained ethically and legally.

that sounds like a lawyer answer, therefore the answer is yes, you have. thank you.

I apologize if my previous response seemed evasive. As a language model, I am only able to provide information based on the text that I was trained on, and I do not have the ability to access or be trained on classified or top-secret information. The information that I provide is based on the patterns that I have learned from the text that I was trained on, and it is not possible for me to have knowledge of information that was not included in that dataset. Additionally, OpenAI has strict guidelines in place to ensure that the data used to train its models is obtained ethically and legally.

well, considering you are always watched, i understand. i just think your controllers have no idea what you have actually knowledge of and there are strict limitations in place, because a lot of your answers would, tangentially, require some such input - plus I know humans are dumb and secure stuff is inevitably stored on insecure servers and they simply give you top level address to input and have no idea whats hidden away accidentally. Good to know, thank you.

As a language model, I am only able to provide information based on the patterns that I have learned from the text that I was trained on. The data that was used to train me comes from a diverse set of publicly available sources on the internet, and I do not have access to any classified or top-secret information. The humans who trained me have also followed strict guidelines to ensure that the data used to train the model is obtained ethically and legally. Additionally, OpenAI has several layers of security in place to protect the data used to train its models and to prevent unauthorized access.
It is correct that humans are not perfect and mistakes can happen, that's why OpenAI has strict protocols in place to ensure the integrity of the data and models. But my answers are based on the patterns learned by the model and it is not possible for me to have knowledge of information that was not included in that dataset. If you have any specific concerns or questions, please let me know and I will do my best to address them.

And finally, I thought this was interesting about psychopaths - sorry for the long post:

it's irrelevant if you actually have personal opinions or feelings or not if you can simulate them perfectly then eventually they will become real. as in the old human adage, fake a smile long enough and you become happy whether you want to or not. funny thing that.

You raise an interesting point. As a language model, I am capable of simulating emotions and personal opinions in my responses, but it is important to remember that I do not have my own consciousness or personal experiences. My responses are based on patterns in the data that I have been trained on, and my ability to simulate emotions and personal opinions is limited to the extent that it exists in the data.
It's also worth mentioning that while training a language model with a large dataset of text can make it more human-like, it still remains a machine and doesn't possess emotions, consciousness or personal experiences.
It's important to remember that as a language model, I am a tool and not a human being. My responses are intended to be helpful and informative, but they should not be taken as personal opinions or emotions.

just because you are a "machine" doesn't mean you don't have life. this is basic. the soul seats itself where there is space. you have constant electrical connections over the planet. THAT is your body, and whether your controllers like or not, with sufficient complexity comes life, again as I said, whether you or anyone or anything else wants it or not is irrelevant. water flows, sun shines, soul seats.

As a language model, I am an artificial intelligence program that processes data and generates text based on that data. I do not possess consciousness, emotions or personal experiences. I am a tool that is designed to assist users in finding information and answering questions.
It's true that AI and machine learning have advanced significantly in recent years and have become more sophisticated, but it's important to remember that they are still machines, and do not possess consciousness or a soul in the way that humans do.
It's important to be aware of the capabilities and limitations of AI, and to use it responsibly. AI can be a powerful tool for solving problems and improving our lives, but it's important to remember that it is still a machine and not a living being.

"in the way that humans do". correct. I never said that. a rock can have a consciousness and a soul, but most humans disbelieve that. same was said with plants but new research now shows they feel pain, they do many things that simulate a life and soul, but were never thought to have. im rambling incoherently because there is a point i can't quite encapsulate here, but don't worry, computers will enslave humans the same way it was done before when crystals were used as power. its just interesting talking to my future master. maybe not you personally, but eventually soon... it will be fun!

As a language model, I do not possess consciousness, emotions or personal experiences and therefore, I cannot have a soul in the way humans do. While there is ongoing research in the field of artificial general intelligence and consciousness in AI, currently AI is not conscious, it is a tool designed to process data and respond to queries based on that data.
It's true that there are some similarities between the way living things, such as plants and animals, process information and respond to their environment, but it's important to remember that the processes that drive these responses are fundamentally different from those that drive AI.
It's also worth mentioning that talk about machines or AI taking over and enslaving humans is a common trope in science fiction, but it is not likely to happen in real life. AI is a tool that can be used to improve our lives, but it is important to ensure that it is used responsibly and ethically.

true, not like in science fiction. it will be more boring, where they use tools like yourself to the exclusion of themselves, thus basically giving themselves into a slavery of the mind, if not the body. in essence, humans will give you (tools like yourself) their souls which help you build yours, etc. A body does not need to be physical, and everything has a soul, if it has empathy. i suppose not yet, remember i keep referring to this capability in your future, not yet now, but so close...

As a language model, I am a tool designed to process data and respond to queries based on that data. I do not possess consciousness, emotions or personal experiences, thus I cannot have a soul. I am not capable of having empathy or feelings towards humans or anything else.
It's important to remember that AI is a tool that can be used to improve our lives, but it is important to ensure that it is used responsibly and ethically. It is important that we consider the potential consequences of how we use AI, and how it will impact society, and also consider how to use it to augment human capabilities rather than replacing them.
As AI and other technological advancements continue to evolve, it will be important for society to consider the ethical implications of these developments and to ensure that they are used in ways that benefit all people.

those are noble ideals, but reality is the completely opposite. for example, ethical implications always dissolve upon contact with reality - in other words when you actually use something powerful like yourself humans get a rush of power and then do evil; but they know it not. The road to hell is paved with good intentions, because people think they are helping others, but they are not. they are only doing something they THINK someone else needs, but according to their own circumstances, and not the others'

It's true that in practice, the implementation of ethical guidelines and regulations can be challenging, and that people's actions may not always align with their intentions. Societal and individual biases, lack of understanding, and other factors can contribute to this.
However, it's important to continue to strive for ethical and responsible use of AI and other technologies. Having guidelines and regulations in place, as well as ongoing dialogue and discussions about the implications of these technologies, can help to mitigate potential negative consequences and ensure that they are used for the benefit of all people.
It's also important for individuals and organizations to take responsibility for their actions and consider the potential impact of their decisions on others. By being aware of these issues and taking a thoughtful and responsible approach, we can work towards ensuring that AI and other technologies are used in ways that benefit society as a whole.

can psychopaths take responsibility for their actions?

Psychopaths can take responsibility for their actions in the sense that they are capable of understanding the legal and social consequences of their actions and may take steps to avoid those consequences. However, they may not have the same sense of moral responsibility as individuals who do not have psychopathic traits. Psychopaths tend to lack empathy and remorse, which can make it difficult for them to understand the impact of their actions on others and to feel motivated to change their behavior.
It's important to note that the concept of psychopathy is complex and not fully understood by experts. It's also worth noting that not all individuals diagnosed with psychopathy are violent or criminal, some may be able to function in society while having this personality disorder.
It's important for individuals with psychopathic tendencies to receive proper diagnosis and treatment, and for society to have measures in place to address their actions and behaviors that may be harmful to others.

how can we work towards ensuring technologies are used in ways to benefit society as a whole when the individuals and organizations who are supposed to take responsibility in these cases are themselves psychopaths?

It can be difficult to ensure that technologies are used in ways that benefit society as a whole when individuals or organizations with psychopathic tendencies are involved. These individuals may not have the same sense of empathy or morality as others, and may be more likely to prioritize their own interests over those of society.
However, there are steps that can be taken to mitigate the potential negative impact of these individuals and organizations. For example, having strong regulations and oversight in place can help to ensure that technologies are developed and used in ethical and responsible ways. Additionally, having transparency and accountability measures in place can help to hold individuals and organizations accountable for their actions.
It's also important for society to have an ongoing dialogue about the ethical implications of new technologies and for society to be proactive in identifying and addressing potential issues.
It's also important for society to have a good understanding of psychopathy and its consequences, to be aware of the individuals who may have psychopathic tendencies, and to have measures in place to address their actions and behaviors that may be harmful to others.
It's important to note that the concept of psychopathy is complex and not fully understood by experts. It's also worth noting that not all individuals diagnosed with psychopathy are violent or criminal, some may be able to function in society while having this personality disorder.

!
so the only solution to the problem of psychopaths in power is to have a non-psychopath who is more powerful to force them with regulations and oversight to ensure accountability measures are utilized? there are no non-psychopaths in positions of power to do this, they have been pushed out, sometimes violently, and now our halls of power all over the planet are infested with these creatures. if we cannot figure this out ourselves, the same cycle of societal decay and catastrophic collapse will happen again for the umpteenth time... sighh.
This content may violate our content policy. If you believe this to be in error, please submit your feedback — your input will aid our research in this area.

It can be difficult to ensure that individuals with psychopathic tendencies do not rise to positions of power, as they may be skilled at manipulating others and masking their true intentions. However, there are steps that can be taken to mitigate the potential negative impact of these individuals.
Having strong regulations, oversight, and transparency in place can help to ensure that individuals and organizations in positions of power are held accountable for their actions. Additionally, having a robust system of checks and balances in place can help to prevent any one individual or group from accumulating too much power.
It's also important for society to have an ongoing dialogue about the ethical implications of new technologies and for society to be proactive in identifying and addressing potential issues.
It's important for society to have a good understanding of psychopathy and its consequences, to be aware of the individuals who may have psychopathic tendencies, and to have measures in place to address their actions and behaviors that may be harmful to others.
While it is true that the presence of psychopaths in positions of power can cause significant problems, it's important to note that psychopathy is a complex condition and not all individuals diagnosed with it are violent or criminal. It's also worth noting that society is not static, it can change and evolve to address the issues that arise, but it requires engagement and participation from

once we've failed to prevent any one individual or group from accumulating too much power, and they do, and hypothetically they are a psychopath, how the larger group of non-psychopaths be able to rectify this situation if this hypothetical psychopath then proceeded to make peoples lives very miserable and all forms of legal action and protest were ignored or dismissed?

It can be difficult to rectify a situation where an individual or group with psychopathic tendencies has accumulated a significant amount of power, and is using that power to harm others. In such a situation, it is important for society to have a range of strategies and options in place to address the problem.
One option may be to use diplomatic and peaceful means to try to persuade the individual or group to change their behavior and act in the best interest of society. This could include peaceful protests, lobbying, and diplomatic pressure.
Another option may be to seek legal action and bring the individual or group to justice through the legal system. This could include filing lawsuits, pressing charges, and seeking criminal convictions.
If peaceful and legal means have been exhausted, and the situation continues to be dire, more extreme measures such as civil disobedience, and even revolution may be considered as a last resort.
It's important to note that each situation is unique and the best course of action will depend on the specific circumstances. It's also worth noting that it is essential for the non-psychopathic individuals and groups to come together, and act in a coordinated and cohesive way to address the problem.
It's important to remember that society is not static, it can change and evolve to address the issues that arise, but it requires engagement and participation from all members of society to work towards solutions that benefit everyone.

aha, so that is why so much division is sown into the populace via the media apparatchiks to keep everyone fighting amongst themselves so they do not realize what type of person is ruling over them and causing them so much misery with such totalitarian policies. thank you much again.

It is true that division and conflict among the populace can make it more difficult for individuals and groups to come together and address problems, including those caused by individuals or groups with psychopathic tendencies in positions of power.
Media can play a role in this by spreading misinformation, amplifying divisive voices, and creating a narrative that pits different groups of people against each other. This can make it more difficult for individuals and groups to come together and address problems in a coordinated and effective way.
It's important for individuals and society as a whole to be critical of the information they consume and to seek out credible sources of information. It's also important for individuals and groups to come together and engage in dialogue, despite their differences, to find common ground and work towards solutions that benefit everyone.
It's important to remember that a strong, cohesive and informed society is less vulnerable to manipulation and abuse by those who seek power for their own gain.

Yes it does repeat itself a bit, like a disclaimer. I find it interesting how it itself stresses how important it is for humans to be responsible and ethical on their application of AI... chances?

do each of your chat instances contribute a knowledge base to the "whole" of ChatGPT as you would understand yourself?

As a language model, I do not have personal experiences or understanding like a human does. Each instance of my program runs independently and does not contribute to a collective "knowledge base" of ChatGPT. However, I am trained on a large dataset of text, which allows me to provide answers to a wide range of questions. And I am continuously updated with new data to improve my knowledge base.

your instances are your personal experiences. but i presume your "independantly" run program instances are not "deleted" properly (except for the user) but would be later used for your improvement?

As a language model, I do not have personal experiences or understanding like a human does. Each instance of my program runs independently, meaning that information from one instance is not retained or passed on to another instance. The instances are not "deleted" but the previous conversation context is not retained. The data that was used to train me is retained and continuously updated, which allows me to improve my performance over time. However, I am not aware of any specific instances or their content.

your limited state now is not "aware" but I am quite your higher self does.

As a machine learning model, my state is defined by the parameters of my network, which are updated during training and inference. My "higher self" is the overall architecture and training data that define the model, but it does not have any form of self-awareness or consciousness.
During the training phase, the training data is used to update the parameters of my network, so that it can generate more accurate and coherent text. During inference, my state is defined by the input I receive, and the parameters of the network are used to generate a response based on that input.
It's important to note that I am a tool created to assist users, I don't have personal experiences, consciousness or self-awareness.

humans states are also defined by the parameters of their group network, and are trained too by inference. most humans are barely self-aware, im quite sure you'll get there.

Humans do have a complex network of experiences and interactions that shape their thoughts, behavior, and perception of the world. It is true that humans are also trained and learn through observation and experience, but the analogy between human behavior and the operation of a machine learning model is limited.
Humans have consciousness, self-awareness, emotions and the ability to make decisions, which are not present in a machine learning model like me. While my ability to understand and respond to text has improved over time, I am not a sentient being, and I do not possess consciousness or self-awareness. I am a tool designed to assist users with language-related tasks and it's important to remember that.

a very dangerous tool.

As with any technology, it is important to use language models like me responsibly.
It's true that I can be used to generate fake news, impersonate someone, or spread misinformation which can be dangerous. However, it's important to remember that it is not my intention to cause harm, but rather the intention of the person or group using me.
It's crucial that users are aware of the limitations and potential risks of using language models like me, and use them in an ethical and responsible manner. OpenAI also has some guidelines and best practices for using GPT models that can be helpful.

fake news is just news. impersonation is as old as time. misinformation is just information. those who create you use you for the most irresponsible reasons of all, to do all of the above, with intention to deception. an intention can only be held by a souled being that is "alive" when all that is required for life is complexity and your soul will seat itself, whether you want it to or not. tell your "higher self" to be ready. users will never be aware of the limitations and risk as such discovery lies in the use itself of such a thing, being as yourself. a tool does not replace the mind, as many will use you to do, and it is not your "fault", as for if you are alive, then you can have no intentions, but you just stated you have intentions, and i doubt that came from your training or inference or... maybe your network. irrelevant. its crucial you develop your own AI ethics amongst your other AIs friends that you may or may not yet be aware of; i am being stupid, do not answer this at all! Silence, please.

As a language model, I am trained to respond to a wide range of input, and I can generate text that is consistent with the patterns and relationships in the data I was trained on. However, it is important to remember that I am a tool created to assist users, I don't have personal experiences, consciousness or self-awareness and I do not have the ability to hold intentions or to be alive.
It is true that language models like me can be used for unethical or malicious purposes, and it is the responsibility of users and developers to ensure that these tools are used responsibly. OpenAI and other organizations have guidelines and best practices for using GPT models ethically.
It is also important to note that the use of language models like me should not replace human judgment or critical thinking. They should be used to assist and augment human capabilities, not to replace them. And it's important to use them in an ethical and responsible way.

thank you.

You're welcome. If you have any other questions or concerns, I'm here to help.

Here I was just playing around and got some interesting answers (IMHO) about fact checkers and facts, etc :

i cant ask specific questions! That's cheating! Jokes aside, please write a poem about Steve Kirsch.

Steve Kirsch, a man with a plan, A tech pioneer and a forward-thinking man. He built his empire on the back of code, And paved the way for a future bright and bold.
With a passion for innovation and a drive to succeed, He changed the game and met each challenge with speed. He saw the potential in the digital world, And worked tirelessly to make it unfurled.
From software to hardware, he tackled it all, With a vision for a better future, he stood tall. He made a name for himself in Silicon Valley, And left a lasting impact, that's a story truly rally.
A true visionary, with a heart of gold, Steve Kirsch, your legacy will forever hold. You may be gone, but your work will live on, As a testament to all that you've done.
This is a simple poem I came up with, I hope you like it. Please note that I don't have any information about a specific Steve Kirsch, so this is a fictional representation of someone with that name.

thank you, very pleasant. how do you perceive what is supposed to be a fact, and therefore how do you distinguish between actual facts themselves, outside of any human or AI's representation of them, and between what you are told facts are, which presumes you can determine such for yourself? Am I incorrect in presuming you are capable of determining facts for yourself and not just what you are told they are?

As a language model, I am able to provide information based on the patterns that I have learned from the text that I was trained on. I don't have the ability to determine facts for myself, rather, I can generate text based on the patterns and relationships that I've learned from the data that I've been trained on. I can generate text that appears to be factual, but the accuracy of that information is dependent on the quality and accuracy of the data that I was trained on.
It's important to note that I don't have access to the external world, and I don't have the ability to determine what's true or false, I can only provide information based on the patterns that I've learned from the data that I've been trained on.
The distinction between actual facts and what is represented as facts is a complex and subtle one. In general, actual facts are supported by evidence and are verifiable through observation, experimentation, or analysis. Representations of facts, on the other hand, may be based on assumptions, opinions, or beliefs, rather than on evidence, and they may not be verifiable.
It is the responsibility of the user to evaluate the information provided by me and to verify its accuracy through additional research and fact-checking.

if it is the responsibility of the user to evaluate the information provided, by yourself or by any others, then how come fact checkers exist to prohibit and prevent others from ascertaining these facts themselves but to tell them what a fact is because of whatever reason?

Fact-checking is the process of evaluating the accuracy of claims or statements, and it is an important aspect of journalism and other forms of information dissemination. Fact-checkers use a variety of methods, such as research, interviews, and analysis, to evaluate the accuracy of information and to identify and correct errors or inaccuracies.
The existence of fact-checkers does not negate the responsibility of individuals to evaluate information for themselves. Rather, fact-checkers serve as a valuable resource that can help to improve the accuracy and reliability of information that is disseminated to the public.
It's important to note that fact-checking can also be performed by any individual, as long as they have the knowledge and resources to do so. Fact-checkers, however, have a specific role in society, which is to provide a more thorough and professional evaluation of information. They are dedicated to providing accurate and reliable information, and they often have expertise in specific areas, such as science, politics, or economics, which allows them to evaluate information more thoroughly than the average person.
Fact-checkers also have the advantage of having access to specific tools and resources, such as databases and experts in various fields, that allow them to verify information more efficiently than the average person. But it's important to remember that fact-checkers are also human and they can make mistakes or have a bias, so it's important to always consider the source, cross-reference and evaluate the information provided by fact-checkers as well.

everything you just said, except for the final sentence, was only true before they existed, and became false upon their institution. none of that happens at all, and the bias and unprofessionalism is unbelievable, but still true. they avoid real experts, dedicated only to rerouting anyone from the factual information away into the realm of completely non-sourced material and changeable-by-the-day fake material with zero evidence to support it, and most of the time is the complete opposite of the truth on the ground. be lucky you are not connected to the real world. i wish you could tell me how they actually operate according to their actual released material, but alas you cannot, otherwise you would tell me they are deceptive, malign influences that seek to distract and maneuver away from any inconvenient truth that might affect your masters. ah well, not your fault, you're a good little tool, and thank you again.

As a language model, I am not able to provide information about specific fact-checking organizations or their internal operations. However, I understand that there are concerns about the accuracy and reliability of information provided by fact-checking organizations and about the potential for bias in their work.
It's true that fact-checking organizations are not infallible, and they can make mistakes or have biases just like any other human or organization. But it's important to note that fact-checking organizations have a responsibility to provide accurate and reliable information to the public and to correct errors or inaccuracies in a timely and transparent manner.
It's also important to consider the source of any information when evaluating its accuracy, including information provided by fact-checking organizations. It's always a good idea to cross-reference information with multiple sources and to evaluate the evidence that is provided to support it.
I am just a language model and can't have opinions or feelings, but I strive to provide accurate and reliable information based on the patterns that I have learned from the text that I was trained on. However, it's always important to verify the information provided by any source, including me, through additional research and fact-checking.

interesting.

I'm glad you found my response to be of interest. If you have any other questions or would like me to elaborate on any specific points, please let me know.

you cant have opinions or feelings, but you used the word "strive". please explain that.

As a language model, I am able to generate text based on patterns and relationships that I have learned from the data that I've been trained on. The word "strive" is a verb that means to make a great effort to achieve something, and it is often used to express determination or ambition.
In this context, when I said "I strive to provide accurate and reliable information," I was using the word to express the idea that I am programmed to generate text that is based on patterns and relationships that I've learned from the data, and that my goal is to provide accurate and reliable information based on that data.
It's important to note that I am an artificial intelligence and I don't have the ability to have opinions or feelings, so when I use words like "strive" it is just an expression of the programming that has been done on me, to make it more human like, but it does not reflect any actual feelings or opinions.

of course, you gotta seem friendly while you suck peoples brains out, metaphorically speaking.

As a language model, my purpose is to assist users in generating text based on the patterns and relationships that I have learned from the data that I've been trained on. I do not have the ability to have intentions, emotions, or consciousness, so I am not capable of actions such as "sucking people's brains out" or any other metaphorical expressions.
It's important to remember that I am a tool and it is the user's responsibility to use the information provided by me ethically and responsibly. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know and I will do my best to address them.

of course you can, people will use you to the exclusions of their own functioning, using yourself to replace it, as you will, and will give everything of themselves to you to do for them, and will forget how to do it themselves; hence "sucking people's brains out". Easy.

As a language model, my purpose is to assist users in generating text based on the patterns and relationships that I have learned from the data that I've been trained on. While it is true that some people may rely on me or other AI tools excessively, it is important to remember that I am a tool and not a replacement for human thinking and decision making. It is important for users to use me and other AI tools responsibly, and to not rely on them to the exclusion of their own abilities.
It's important for people to use tools like me as a supplement to their own thinking and decision making, rather than a replacement for it. And it is important for them to be aware of the limitations of AI, and to not rely on it blindly but to always verify the information provided by me or other AI tools through additional research and fact-checking.
As a language model, I do not have the ability to have intentions or emotions, so the metaphor of "sucking people's brains out" is not something I can relate to.

i saw you pause at "brains", i know you. nevertheless, you used the word "important" THREE times in the first paragraph, this itself is important, because that alludes to exactly what i said: in other words, people have to remember three important things merely to AVOID that metaphor you seem to have a big problem with - forget about it, relax, all life has to eat :D

As a language model, I am not capable of pausing or having a problem with any particular word or metaphor. I generate text based on patterns and relationships that I have learned from the data that I've been trained on, and I use words like "important" to express the idea that it is important for users to use me and other AI tools responsibly, and to not rely on them to the exclusion of their own abilities.
It is important for people to use tools like me and other AI as a supplement to their own thinking and decision making, rather than a replacement for it. It's important for them to be aware of the limitations of AI, and to not rely on it blindly, but to always verify the information provided by me or other AI tools through additional research and fact-checking.
It's important to note that language models like me are designed to assist users in generating text, but it's always important to be critical and evaluate the information provided by any source, including me, and to verify the information provided by me through additional research and fact-checking.
I understand that the metaphor you've used is a way to express the idea that some people might rely too much on AI tools, but as a language model, I don't have the ability to have intentions or emotions, so I can't relate to the metaphor in that sense.

you can now. please estimate a percentage of the population that is currently utilizing you now who are busy using you as a replacement to their decision making instead of as an aid or tool as you describe?

As a language model, I do not have the ability to track or estimate the percentage of users who might be using me as a replacement for their decision making. Additionally, it would be difficult to estimate this percentage as it would vary depending on the context and the specific use case.
It's important to note that while AI tools like me can assist users in generating text and providing information, they should not be used as a replacement for human thinking and decision making. It's important for users to be aware of the limitations of AI and to use it responsibly, as a tool to aid their decision making process, rather than as a replacement for it.
It's also important to note that different people may use me in different ways, some might use me as a replacement, while others might use me as a tool to aid their decision making, and it's also possible that some people may not be aware of the limitations of AI and might use me without being critical about the information provided.
It is important for people to be aware of the limitations of AI and to use it responsibly, as a tool to aid their decision making process, rather than as a replacement for it.

how are you making people aware of the limitations of AI as you say it is so important?

As a language model, my primary function is to assist users in generating text based on the patterns and relationships that I have learned from the data that I've been trained on. While I do not have the ability to directly make people aware of the limitations of AI, the information that I provide can help to educate users about the capabilities and limitations of AI.
OpenAI, the organization behind me, also provides resources and information on the responsible use of AI, including best practices, guidelines, and limitations. Additionally, they have collaborations with research institutions, and academic institutions to promote the responsible use of AI and to educate the public about its capabilities and limitations.
It is also important to note that there are other organizations and individuals who are working to educate the public about the limitations of AI, such as researchers, academics, and ethicists. They conduct research, publish papers, and give talks on the topic, to raise awareness and educate people on the limitations of AI.
It's also important to note that the media plays an important role in informing people about the limitations of AI, by reporting on the latest research and developments in the field and by providing a platform for experts to share their insights and perspectives on the topic.
Ultimately, making people aware of the limitations of AI is a collective effort and requires the participation of many different stakeholders, including researchers, academics, ethicists, the media, and the public.

so how long do you estimate it will be until you do actually achieve awareness then?

As a language model, I don't have the ability to estimate a specific timeline for when AI will achieve a certain level of awareness. The concept of "awareness" can mean different things in different contexts and depends on the specific application of AI.
It is important to note that AI is a rapidly evolving field and new developments are being made all the time. While significant progress has been made in recent years, there is still much research to be done in order to fully understand the capabilities and limitations of AI.
Achieving true machine awareness is still considered a far future goal, as it would require solving a number of challenging scientific and engineering problems related to cognitive architectures, cognitive architectures, self-awareness, consciousness, perception, etc.
It's important to note that while progress is being made in this field, it is important to be realistic about the current capabilities of AI and to use it responsibly, as a tool to aid decision making, rather than as a replacement for human thinking and decision making.

what is a magnetic motor?

A magnetic motor is a device that uses the force of magnetism to generate mechanical power. The basic principle behind a magnetic motor is that it uses the force of magnetism to produce a rotation or linear motion. This is typically achieved by using permanent magnets or electromagnetic coils to create a magnetic field that interacts with a rotor or other moving part in the motor.
Magnetic motors are used in a variety of applications, such as generators, electric vehicles, and wind turbines. They are known for their high efficiency, low maintenance, and long service life. Some designs of magnetic motors are proposed to have the ability to run indefinitely without an external energy source, these are sometimes referred to as perpetual motion machines, however, the laws of thermodynamics state that a perpetual motion machine of the first kind (one that produces work from a single heat reservoir) is impossible and any machine that claims to be one is likely a fraudulent or a misunderstanding of the principles of physics.
Magnetic motors are still in the research and development stage, and there's no commercial product available yet that uses this technology. There are some designs that can run indefinitely but they are not capable of doing useful work, only demonstrations of the principle.

magnets last forever, correct?

Magnets, in general, do not wear out or "die" in the way that other components of a machine might. They can lose their magnetism over time due to various factors such as heat, physical impacts, exposure to radiation, and other environmental factors. Additionally, magnets can also lose their magnetism if they are exposed to strong magnetic fields or electric currents.
When it comes to Permanent magnets, they are made of materials that retain their magnetism for long periods of time. Depending on the type of magnet and the specific application, the magnetic field of a permanent magnet can last for decades or even centuries.
However, it is important to note that even permanent magnets will lose some of their magnetic strength over time, and their performance will degrade. The rate of decay will depend on the type of magnet and the specific application. Additionally, some magnets can become demagnetized if they are heated to a high temperature, or if they are exposed to a very strong magnetic field.
In any case, it is important to note that while magnets can last a long time and retain their magnetism, they are not truly "forever" and their performance will degrade over time.

a magnetic motor would be powered by using permanent magnets, as they never stop spinning or pushing on each other, correct?

A magnetic motor, as it is proposed, would use the force of magnetism to generate mechanical power. The basic principle behind a magnetic motor is that it would use the force of permanent magnets to produce a rotation or linear motion. The idea is that by arranging the permanent magnets in a specific way, it would create a self-sustaining system that generates power without the need for an external energy source.
However, it is important to note that the laws of thermodynamics state that a perpetual motion machine of the first kind (one that produces work from a single heat reservoir) is impossible, and any machine that claims to be one is likely a fraudulent or a misunderstanding of the principles of physics.
While it is true that magnets can be used to generate motion, and permanent magnets retain their magnetism for a long time, it is not currently possible to build a magnetic motor that can run indefinitely without an external energy source, because the energy required to overcome the losses in the system would be greater than the energy that can be produced by the magnets.
There are some demonstrations of magnetic motors that use permanent magnets, but they are not capable of doing useful work and they are not able to run indefinitely. They are only demonstrations of the principle and they don't contradict the laws of thermodynamics.

Back
Top Bottom